Is the Co-Ed Remix of Boys really better than the original?

Co-Ed Remix or Original   

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny you asked this because I just rediscovered the original album version & I have to say that I like it so much better now!! 

Back in the day I would've said the co-ed remix "hands down" but now that a lot of time has gone by I feel that the original album version holds up better than the single remix. The sound of the co-ed remix is very dated & the harmony is not as rich. 

The album version has such a great, natural funky vibe too it, it's got this classic urban groovy vibe.. it could be played on the radio today. 

15 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

I thought she was banned from the radio at the time? :ponderney:

I remember hearing Boys on the radio even before I was a fan. Maybe my local station wasnt included with the ban, idk.

I mean, even Slave 4 U reached #15 on mainstream radio.

3 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

I remember hearing Boys on the radio even before I was a fan. Maybe my local station wasnt included with the ban, idk.

I mean, even Slave 4 U reached #15 on mainstream radio.

I was like 2 when Boys came out :shadelaugh: so I don't know how much the radio ban affected her. 

• Moderators

I like Britney's bridges in the original version. But it's kinda boring that it repeats the first verse after the first chorus. That only works for NTIFY :snapney:

I think if the Co-Ed remix kept the bridges from the original, plus Pharrell's parts, it would be complete.

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of either version. I think the FFT remix is nicer, but I don't know, there's always something really boring about Boys, I think it's the chorus.

I am a performer.  I am a Mom.  I am funny.  I am your friend.  I am Britney Jean

Archived