Circus Review

ShowdownITZ

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Circus isn't one of her best albums but it deffo doesn't deserve the hate it gets on here.

Kill the Lights had a video as there was a competition for a fan to submit one - so yeah, the video was made by a fan :moorangu: 

I always thought Rock Me In should be in a movie too, like playing during the movie's credits.

It's PHONOGRAPHY, not Photography ;) 

Make sure you listen to the other bonus tracks (Amnesia, Rock Boy, Quicksand and Trouble)

3 minutes ago, Isla. said:

Circus isn't one of her best albums but it deffo doesn't deserve the hate it gets on here.

Kill the Lights had a video as there was a competition for a fan to submit one - so yeah, the video was made by a fan :moorangu: 

I always thought Rock Me In should be in a movie too, like playing during the movie's credits.

It's PHONOGRAPHY, not Photography ;) 

Make sure you listen to the other bonus tracks (Amnesia, Rock Boy, Quicksand and Trouble)

Yeah I know it's Phonography, I messed up :omgreallyney: but I will listen to those bonus tracks.

39 minutes ago, Isla. said:

It gets hate here?:girlwhat: I don't know why, it's a pretty solid album I think. I can kinda understand how some users say it has took a slightly different sound on the second half of the cd though 

1 hour ago, Chaoscontrol said:

It gets hate here?:girlwhat: I don't know why, it's a pretty solid album I think. I can kinda understand how some users say it has took a slightly different sound on the second half of the cd though 

Yeah I see quite a few people on here hate it, not sure why either. It's not a bad album. With the exception of Mmm Papi and maybe My Baby the tracks are great.

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You
6 hours ago, ShowdownITZ said:

I have listened to this album before and didn't like some of the tracks so I decided to listen to it again to see how I still feel: Womanizer- An iconic comeback bop that charted top 10 in every country and reminded the industry that Britney can still do THAT. Circus- One of my all time Britney songs, I love how this song describes her as a performer. Out From Under- I didn't like this song at first but now I see why some people say it's one of her best. It gets me in my feels :crying1: such a good song. Kill the Lights- the guy (who I think is Danja) reminding everyone that Britney is the queen of pop, but I love her attitude in this song. A BOP, can someone tell me why this got a video cause it wasn't a single? When will currentney give us videos for non-singles? :mcwave: Shattered Glass- A BOP and should've been a single when they saw that it charted. But a really good pop song. If U Seek Amy- A BOP, one of her best songs, I remember hearing this on the radio in like 3rd grade and thinking it was really a song about a girl named Amy :quirkney: Unusual You- One of Britney's all time best and my favorite from this album. Blur- Such a good song, I love her voice in this track. Thank you @Edge Of Leaving @Chaoscontrol for telling me to listen. Mmm Papi- This is such a guilty pleasure pop song :hype: it's really fun to listen too. Mannequin- Love this song so much and wish it could've been a single. If you wanna just screammmmm, scream your lungs :carpoolney: pop perfection. Lace & Leather- A bop, I really liked it and thought it fit the Circus concept, I know it's about *** but she is kinda saying how she's the boss so I thought it fits the whole ringleader thing. My Baby- this song makes me cry :tifftear:but yes I love how this song is about her boys and I will not accept slander on this song :lemmetellu:. Rock Me In- A bop, I used to hate this song when I first heard but after giving it another listen, I really liked it. I thought it belongs in a movie or something. Phonography- An iconic bop, this song is pop perfection. I see some Britney fans are always hating on this album and I will not let it happen anymore. This is a GREAT pop record and is the reason we call Britney the princess of pop :brit: and I can see Britney had fun with this album. This album also gave us the iconic Circus era and reminded everyone that Britney is THAT *****. She came back strong with this album and I love it. I did this on my phone so I am sorry if it's hard to read.

Agree in general, Circus really is underrated and Pop Gold... lately Phonography has been growing on me ans it's pop perfection, people gotta deal.

I never liked Lace & Leather, same for My Baby and Rock Me In. I used to hate Mmm Papi but know i take it as a joke and find it a funny song which I kinda troll over the lyrics:mattafact:

And glad you give Mannequin its deserved love, a lot of people here hate it when the lyrics are amazing and the whole song really. Blur & Unusual You are those iconic tracks that most stand out from the album other than Womanizer & Circus.

Lastly, idk how you use to not like Out From Under, one of the few tracks that I suddenly fell in love it. Gladly you went to the light and saw jesus. But great review, I reading them.

Check Amnesia and Quicksand, iconic tracks that weren't included in most of the versions.

55 minutes ago, Robert M said:

Listen to amnesia :lemmetellu: is a bop

Omg that's the song I've been looking for. The lyrics were so amazing that I only remember the song from the lyrics. It isn't on my Circus:tifftear:

15 minutes ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

Agree in general, Circus really is underrated and Pop Gold... lately Phonography has been growing on me ans it's pop perfection, people gotta deal.

I never liked Lace & Leather, same for My Baby and Rock Me In. I used to hate Mmm Papi but know i take it as a joke and find it a funny song which I kinda troll over the lyrics:mattafact:

And glad you give Mannequin its deserved love, a lot of people here hate it when the lyrics are amazing and the whole song really. Blur & Unusual You are those iconic tracks that most stand out from the album other than Womanizer & Circus.

Lastly, idk how you use to not like Out From Under, one of the few tracks that I suddenly fell in love it. Gladly you went to the light and saw jesus. But great review, I reading them.

Check Amnesia and Quicksand, iconic tracks that weren't included in most of the versions.

Why does everyone hate My Baby??? :lemmetellu: but yeah I will check out the bonus tracks. The reason I hated Out From Under at first was because I was in the car and my friend, who's a Britney fan, snapped me and told me to listen to Out From Under and I had been in the car for hours so I was like irritated so I didn't really LISTEN to the song but I glad I gave it another chance. I really like Rock Me In, it's pop perfection :carpoolney: I listen all of Femme Fatale today too. Trip To Your Heart and Up N'Down are sooooooo good :yesplease:

Circus is my 3rd favorite Britney album. It's such a fun record and the slower cuts (Out From Under, Unusual You and My Baby) are all so beautiful. 

I cannot with Mmm Papi :tiffcackle: but when I'm in a great mood, I'll even listen to that! 

The videos that era were also great and the deluxe/bonus tracks, and just Britney's overall comeback story arc is iconic to me. Will never understand Circus haters :mattafact: 

5 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Why does everyone hate My Baby??? :lemmetellu: but yeah I will check out the bonus tracks. The reason I hated Out From Under at first was because I was in the car and my friend, who's a Britney fan, snapped me and told me to listen to Out From Under and I had been in the car for hours so I was like irritated so I didn't really LISTEN to the song but I glad I gave it another chance. I really like Rock Me In, it's pop perfection :carpoolney: I listen all of Femme Fatale today too. Trip To Your Heart and Up N'Down are sooooooo good :yesplease:

What about He About About To Lose Me? Best song on FF:urite:

2 hours ago, ITZFFGL said:

Circus is my 3rd favorite Britney album. It's such a fun record and the slower cuts (Out From Under, Unusual You and My Baby) are all so beautiful. 

I cannot with Mmm Papi :tiffcackle: but when I'm in a great mood, I'll even listen to that! 

The videos that era were also great and the deluxe/bonus tracks, and just Britney's overall comeback story arc is iconic to me. Will never understand Circus haters :mattafact: 

Me too. Great album and era. Glory could only give us one of those things. :whitney:

2 hours ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

What about He About About To Lose Me? Best song on FF:urite:

That belongs to Criminal. Yes I love He About To Lose Me and we got some live vocals on FFT. My Britney friend is also obsessed with that song. She's saying it's one of Britney's best too.

23 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

That belongs to Criminal. Yes I love He About To Lose Me and we got some live vocals on FFT. My Britney friend is also obsessed with that song. She's saying it's one of Britney's best too.

Criminal is rly good too and was released here in London, I need to visit the locations soon:tifftear:

Archived