The Gimme More music video is really strange and confusing to me

jamesedward94

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The video was unifinished. That's why the whole "funeral" thing didn't happen. The guy who took the pics on set confirmed that only these scenes were filmed + a few test shots on the pool with alternative clothing.

The guy who told the whole storyline probably read it on set, but it wasn't filmed.

8 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

I understand she was in the middle of a breakdown during that time, but I truly do not understand how she could make a video like Gimme More. 

She just destroyed her image and the video is just awful in my opinion. 

All she does in it is pole dance, and not that great either. It's edited weird and she wears a really bad blonde weird.

Sure, it's iconic now, but I just don't undersnd how all of a sudden Britney just acted like she didn't know how to perform and just threw everything away and was that unprofessional. She acted like a completely different person during that time. She was known for being very polite and on time and professional. During her Oprah interview Oprah said her staff couldn't believe how nice and low maintenance Britney was. But to hear about how late she was and how demanding during this era, it just makes me sad.

She was truly rebelling.

Blackout was a phenomenal record, but the videos were sorely lacking. It pains me to think about how good they could've been!

I'm so glad Britney is in a better place now and I pray she can make a truly big comeback!

Read this TBH

https://www.muumuse.com/2016/10/gimme-more-photos-set-interview-theo-hand-exclusive.html/

1 hour ago, CJMCH said:

Yes.  Ever since reading this interview I've wondered what the dance scene looked like.

I mean, he says

"That dancing scene was demanding. That was a lot of work. Those girls were killing it. They did a bunch of takes. It was a full physical workout. I think if you were drunk or on *****, you wouldn’t be able to pull that off. If you watched all the raw footage, they were pretty on point. I definitely don’t dance, but that **** was impressive to me."

This quote proves that her knee injury has not been the main catalyst for her less impressive performing during the last decade.

9 hours ago, Chico101 said:

Most of the people who actively post on this forum I feel are "new fans" and really young teens. They'll never know that before the "Make Me" music video there  as the "Gimme More" music video fiasco.

The Gimme More meltdown was REAL. This video was literally the comeback of Britney and the video was TRAGIC and accordingly followed by the infamous VMAS performance.

lets not forget that this era also spawned several more meltdowns including:

1. The POM video

2. The BTI cartoon

Honestly if you were a Stan during the BOMT/OIDIA/Britney/ITZ eras and you survived the meltdowns, drama and tragedy of Blackout then you'll find the meltdowns over anything during the Circus/FF/BJ/Glory eras to be so trivial...

1 hour ago, zxcvb said:

Yes.  Ever since reading this interview I've wondered what the dance scene looked like.

I mean, he says

"That dancing scene was demanding. That was a lot of work. Those girls were killing it. They did a bunch of takes. It was a full physical workout. I think if you were drunk or on *****, you wouldn’t be able to pull that off. If you watched all the raw footage, they were pretty on point. I definitely don’t dance, but that **** was impressive to me."

This quote proves that her knee injury has not been the main catalyst for her less impressive performing during the last decade.

Pretty sure those were these takes, but those "funeral" and "beating blonde Britney" scenes were not filmed at the end, just part of an scrapped storyline, hence why they didn't include Britney walking through the streets in the official video:

01.jpg

8 hours ago, Chris343 said:

Watch this

It explains things well

Didn't know most of that. That's crazy! So we're only seeing like one of those scenes in the actual video and there was another possibly better dance scene! And when that guy in the interview was saying how they were dancing so good and going so hard maybe he meant that other dance scene. I really wish we could see it!  

18 hours ago, Chico101 said:

Most of the people who actively post on this forum I feel are "new fans" and really young teens. They'll never know that before the "Make Me" music video there  as the "Gimme More" music video fiasco.

The Gimme More meltdown was REAL. This video was literally the comeback of Britney and the video was TRAGIC and accordingly followed by the infamous VMAS performance.

lets not forget that this era also spawned several more meltdowns including:

1. The POM video

2. The BTI cartoon

Honestly if you were a Stan during the BOMT/OIDIA/Britney/ITZ eras and you survived the meltdowns, drama and tragedy of Blackout then you'll find the meltdowns over anything during the Circus/FF/BJ/Glory eras to be so trivial...

The pom vid was a melt down i think it suits the  song nicely and she dances ... sorta:awks:

18 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

It's just mysterious to me. I don't understand how something like that could happen. And it's happened SO much in Britney's career. I still think the Gimmie More video is an embarrassment, and I don't understand for the life of me how she let a video like that get released..... 

History repeated itself with Make Me... essentially the video got scrapped but with GM they had to use one scene which is the pole dancing because Britney wasn't going to reshoot. 

Archived