Jump to content

The Gimme More music video is really strange and confusing to me


jamesedward94

Recommended Posts

I understand she was in the middle of a breakdown during that time, but I truly do not understand how she could make a video like Gimme More. 

She just destroyed her image and the video is just awful in my opinion. 

All she does in it is pole dance, and not that great either. It's edited weird and she wears a really bad blonde weird.

Sure, it's iconic now, but I just don't undersnd how all of a sudden Britney just acted like she didn't know how to perform and just threw everything away and was that unprofessional. She acted like a completely different person during that time. She was known for being very polite and on time and professional. During her Oprah interview Oprah said her staff couldn't believe how nice and low maintenance Britney was. But to hear about how late she was and how demanding during this era, it just makes me sad.

She was truly rebelling.

Blackout was a phenomenal record, but the videos were sorely lacking. It pains me to think about how good they could've been!

 

I'm so glad Britney is in a better place now and I pray she can make a truly big comeback!

Link to comment
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Inherzone said:

well it wasnt the original video so.... :outwithit:

It's just mysterious to me. I don't understand how something like that could happen. And it's happened SO much in Britney's career. I still think the Gimmie More video is an embarrassment, and I don't understand for the life of me how she let a video like that get released..... 

Link to comment

I remember watching it for the first time and when it kept cutting to the blonde version of her giggling at the stripper version of her near the end,  I couldn't stop laughing. The video is awful. It looks like a commercial for a Vegas nightclub that's not on the Strip.

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

I remember watching it for the first time and when it kept cutting to the blonde version of her giggling at the stripper version of her near the end,  I couldn't stop laughing. The video is awful. It looks like a commercial for a Vegas nightclub that's not on the Strip.

I mean, it honestly fits the blackout theme and how she just did not care at that point, but it's just so sad to watch. That was not a proper music video! 

Just now, RedCarpet said:

my fav music video from her tbh

:nicki2:

Link to comment

Most of the people who actively post on this forum I feel are "new fans" and really young teens. They'll never know that before the "Make Me" music video there  as the "Gimme More" music video fiasco.

The Gimme More meltdown was REAL. This video was literally the comeback of Britney and the video was TRAGIC and accordingly followed by the infamous VMAS performance.

lets not forget that this era also spawned several more meltdowns including:

1. The POM video

2. The BTI cartoon

Honestly if you were a Stan during the BOMT/OIDIA/Britney/ITZ eras and you survived the meltdowns, drama and tragedy of Blackout then you'll find the meltdowns over anything during the Circus/FF/BJ/Glory eras to be so trivial...

 

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Chico101 said:

Most of the people who actively post on this forum I feel are "new fans" and really young teens. They'll never know that before the "Make Me" music video there  as the "Gimme More" music video fiasco.

The Gimme More meltdown was REAL. This video was literally the comeback of Britney and the video was TRAGIC and accordingly followed by the infamous VMAS performance.

lets not forget that this era also spawned several more meltdowns including:

1. The POM video

2. The BTI cartoon

Honestly if you were a Stan during the BOMT/OIDIA/Britney/ITZ eras and you survived the meltdowns, drama and tragedy of Blackout then you'll find the meltdowns over anything during the Circus/FF/BJ/Glory eras to be so trivial...

 

Well, I wouldn't call the Make Me video meltdown or the Britney Jean album mess as trivial, BUT compared to her breakdown and the fight for her kids and how unprofessional she was during the Blackout era and how she ruined her legacy on live tv, they PALE in comparison!

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

Well, I wouldn't call the Make Me video meltdown or the Britney Jean album mess as trivial, BUT compared to her breakdown and the fight for her kids and how unprofessional she was during the Blackout era and how she ruined her legacy on live tv, they PALE in comparison!

Agreed. Trivial isn't the right word. 

Everything we've gone through since Circus will never be as tragic as the nightmare we went through as stans during Blackout...Britney is one lucky gal given that we're still around.

Link to comment
Just now, Chico101 said:

Agreed. Trivial isn't the right word. 

Everything we've gone through since Circus will never be as tragic as the nightmare we went through as stans during Blackout...Britney is one lucky gal given that we're still around.

She gave us Michael Jackson and Madonna level of performances and videos and I will forever be thankful. NO ONE has come close to recreating the magic she gave us back then. Even thought I long for her to make a comeback that rivals those days, I am so thankful we still have her after everything she went though. She could've easily died during those dark times!

I will ALWAYS be a stan for Godney! 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, jamesedward94 said:

It's just mysterious to me. I don't understand how something like that could happen. And it's happened SO much in Britney's career. I still think the Gimmie More video is an embarrassment, and I don't understand for the life of me how she let a video like that get released..... 

official Make Me video is a bigger embarrassment :triggered: #ForeverPressed #ReleaseLaChapelle 

Link to comment
15 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

She gave us Michael Jackson and Madonna level of performances and videos and I will forever be thankful. NO ONE has come close to recreating the magic she gave us back then. Even thought I long for her to make a comeback that rivals those days, I am so thankful we still have her after everything she went though. She could've easily died during those dark times!

I will ALWAYS be a stan for Godney! 

You took the words right out of my mouth:otears: 

Link to comment

I fully disagree. In my eyes the GM video only added to her legacy as an artist. GM is such a gem. The beat is sick. The vibe is unique. The lyrics are perfect (gave us the iconic "Its Britney, bish"), and it's personal.

What I also love about it is the video concept. Although it's simple, it's a way of showing how society (the blonde Britney) judges the free/reckless/dancing Britney on the pole. Imo "Gimme More" is ironical and refers to all the hate and judgements Britney gets from the world. We can give her all the hate we have, but she still be dancing and asking for more, which in turn makes the haters look stupid.

Nevertheless those were dark times for Britney. We shouldn't dwell on them too much. But I'd never go so far as to say that she destroyed her legacy with GM. It reflected on who she was back then, and that is just what a real artist does.

Link to comment

When I first saw the gimme more video back in the day, I was disgusted. We don't know why they didn't put out the full video though, so your questions will never be answered.

I grew to love it though because it's just so **** and trashy that it represents the Blackout era perfectly. I love the dingy dive bar lights and feel too. 

It is also an anthem that brings the **** out in many and the video is perfect for that.

It's so bad that it's good and it's totally imperfect but so was she then too.

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated ūüíú¬†¬†

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. ūüôŹ

I've disabled ad block