MTV does not care about Britney and never will!

jamesedward94

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Edge Of Clockin' You
4 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

While Make Me moved up 1 spot to #2 on itunes after the performance

Could have been #1 again if that Closer song was not performed that night

Or maybe if she did something out of this world like she always does and the performance went viral:mattafact:

8 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

I think we ALL just expected more from the performance with it being her return after so long and her being the QUEEN of the VMAs. And they hyped it up SO much with that promotional video. I honestly think I like the 2007 performance more. It has become iconic in a way. The 2016 performance was good but forgettable.

It was a good performance for Selena Gomez but not the Princess of Pop. I expected so much more but you are right, she's still better than most artists.

7 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

She should've debuted Happy Birthday instead of "singing" Me, Myself, and I.

That would've been ICONIC.

:tifftear: 

Lol I was forgetting that she covered a rapper's hit cause she is too lazy to get one herself :tiffcackle: Anything would've been better than that mess.

Just now, Edge Of Leaving said:

Lol I was forgetting thag she covered a rapper's hit cause she is too lazy to get one herself :tiffcackle: Anything would've been better than that mess.

And Bebe Rexha was there that night and met Britney backstage, kinda weird.....plus holding the microphone was embarrassing bc people know she lipsyncs! Will never understand the point of that...... 

Just now, jamesedward94 said:

And Bebe Rexha was there that night and met Britney backstage, kinda weird.....plus holding the microphone was embarrassing bc people know she lipsyncs! Will never understand the point of that...... 

My stomach turned when she grabbed the mic because I thought she was gonna sing live but then we all saw that mess. :tiffsniffle:

1 minute ago, ShowdownITZ said:

That's why I said it would be a good performance if someone like Selena performed. I still love Selena tho Fetish and Bad Liar are bops :myjam: but performing wise she needs to step up

She doesn't even perform.....

I honestly couldn't tell you a single performance of hers that I remember.

And she's a terrible live singer, so what's there to like about her???

2 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

I mean... it was surely a win for Bebe. Everything about the performance was tragic. The entire fanbase was too busy having meltdowns over the infamous original music video but my meltdown was that vmas performance. Cause listen, there was such a huge buzz for it, the gp remembered she existed for the first time in years but next time people won't give a damn about it. She proved that she can be thrown in the same bag as the new generation of performers. 

11 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

While Make Me moved up 1 spot to #2 on itunes after the performance

Could have been #1 again if that Closer song was not performed that night

Do you realize that even if it had hit #1 on iTunes, literally.... NOTHING ELSE WOULD CHANGE!!!!!! It would just be one extra spot that Make Me plummeted from as it disappeared the following week  :ahhh:

8 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Selena Gomez mediocre *** would not be able to do that performance

Selena can't move her arms, walk and lip sync? :tiffcackle:

@cheri @button @Shadow. People think we're in a good position to judge anyone in this world using the 2016 vmas as a brag :tiffcackle:

2 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

She sucks all over

Still, compare her to 2009 Britney at least. 2016 Britney is a joke and we should be glad she was only overshadowed by Beyonce. Had Gaga been there, Britney wouldn't have made it to 10 headlines:tiffcackle:

Archived