MTV does not care about Britney and never will!

jamesedward94

In 2004 Britney lost Best Female Video for Toxic to Beyoncé's Naughty Girl......

THEN in 2011 they had to nerve to make Britney's Michael Jackson Video Vangurd Award speech an introduction to Beyoncé's performance which got more attention because she announced her pregnancy. Britney's tribute was short, pathetic, and embarrassing. 

AND THEN for her 2016 VMA performance they put her right after Beyoncé's 10 minute medley........

They didn't even give her a VMA until after her breakdown and it was for one of her worst music videos. No video for Baby, Oops!, Slave, OR Toxic.

But THREE for Piece of Me. 

MTV does NOT care about Britney! They have only used her for ratings, but never gave her the awards she truly deserves. They treat her like crap and give Beyoncé all of the attention, bowing down to her like she is the second coming of Christ.

Well I know who I will always worship.....

GODNEY.

#VMASAREOVERPARTY

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Edge Of Clockin' You

What you said is true. She has been snubbed for years and her only getting the Vanguard Award in 2011 was ridiculous. She should've received no later than 2007. No one that has received it since then is as big (OVERALL) as she was in 2011 after 7 eras of huge success. But that's everyone/everything in the industry works.

9 minutes ago, Godllory said:

Ok but Ttwe worst??  Wtf?  :lemmetellu:

I meant Piece of Me......

But honestly, TTWE isn't that great either. She wasn't herself and was drugged too much then. What saved it was the production and editing and the amazing director. She definitely was not feeling it during that shoot!

Just now, ShowdownITZ said:

It was her fault for giving us a lackluster performance 

Britney's performance wasn't lackluster, she just didn't perform like she used to. She had energy, they just needed a better creative vision for the performance. It was easily better than most of the boring performances on the show these days. 

26 minutes ago, Inherzone said:

she paid for the piece of me awards.....:outwithit:

Nope. MTV wanted the buzz from the comeback. It would make more sense for Britney to pay for good videos to get awards not POM's video. 

6 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

Britney's performance wasn't lackluster, she just didn't perform like she used to. She had energy, they just needed a better creative vision for the performance. It was easily better than most of the boring performances on the show these days. 

Let's face reality, the performance WAS lackluster, now join lackluster + lazy singer + after beyonce = overshadowing at its best.

Just now, ShowdownITZ said:

I agree with you there :uknowit:

I think we ALL just expected more from the performance with it being her return after so long and her being the QUEEN of the VMAs. And they hyped it up SO much with that promotional video. I honestly think I like the 2007 performance more. It has become iconic in a way. The 2016 performance was good but forgettable.

2 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

It’s Britney’s fault that she couldn’t give a performance close to 2000/2001, both 4 minute performances and more iconic than Beyoncé’s medley.

Wish she had performed the BBMAs medley at the VMAs instead. It would've been even better! That medley was more entertaining than both of Beyoncé's.

But oh well.....

2 minutes ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

Let's face reality, the performance WAS lackluster, now join lackluster + lazy singer + after beyonce = overshadowing at its best.

While Make Me moved up 1 spot to #2 on itunes after the performance

Could have been #1 again if that Closer song was not performed that night

Archived