Have you ever felt like you have lost your connection with Britney?

Guest Diamond Horse

Guest Diamond Horse

I used to feel so connected to her, I can't explain it

But I haven't felt it for a long time :crying2: 

Have you felt something similar?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't felt connected to her in years. I can't really relate to her life these days or her lack of work ethic for her craft. guess when I have kids I can relate and connect again, but not really now.

ETA: but she's still my fave. And I'll always love her music even if I can't really connect to her as a person anymore

Britney Spears the brand is a disappointment. When I was a kid, Britney was a superhero to me. She defied all odds. She could do anything & she did. She sold out two tours in one year. She sold millions of albums - setting records and new standards for musicians. Yes, I know that things change and nothing lasts forever but I can't help but be sad. If I would've known then that Britney the artist, the exceptional dancer/performer wouldn't last - I would have done so much more to attend more of her shows, etc. I know I might sound crazy, delusional - but that's how I feel. 

I guess you can say that I'm still connected to my childhood and what it was like to have such a beautiful, exceptional talent a part of it. 

Weird huh? Oh well. 

In a way yes. I do get your point. Last night I was watching bits of her Dream Within a Dream Las Vegas Show back in 2002 and its quite sad to watch now because she had so much energy and enthusiasm and really engaged with the audience. I do miss that time pre-breakdown where she felt free and wasn't under her fathers control. And I do miss how we used to get a couple of VHS/DVDs each era and now the only DVD we have had since Blackout is For The Record and Femme Fatale Tour Live :otears:

3 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

In a way yes. I do get your point. Last night I was watching bits of her Dream Within a Dream Las Vegas Show back in 2002 and its quite sad to watch now because she had so much energy and enthusiasm and really engaged with the audience. I do miss that time pre-breakdown where she felt free and wasn't under her fathers control. And I do miss how we used to get a couple of VHS/DVDs each era and now the only DVD we have had since Blackout is For The Record and Femme Fatale Tour Live :otears:

I was joking to some friends last night, and pulled out my barely used FFT DVD.

Archived