Britney hasn't had a Top 10 solo hit in six years

13 minutes ago, $elfish said:

Because everyone kisses Beyoncé's *** and treat her like she's god 

Side note : lemonade wasn't that good tbh i am Sasha fierce is much better:girlwhat:

They’re really 2 different genres, I Am Sasha Fierce is closer to pop and Lemonade is hip hop/R&B. It depends on what your tastes are.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they would stop killing momentum then she would've gotten two top ten hits with WB and Make Me. They keep doing traditional releases, music videos released at the wrong time assuming they weren't canceled and replaced with lesser versions, delayed promo, no radio payola, and weak visual performances when they actually happen. Given her weak airplay throughout her career it makes sense to focus on big visuals, streaming, and sales but they did nothing. 

On 2017-07-25 at 0:40 PM, Cappycorn87 said:

I guess payola

After the performance, Make moved 1 spot to #2 on itunes and would have been #1 on itunes again if that Closer song had not been performed that night

The public loved what they heard

None of Beyonce singles went into the top 10 that night for such a long and talked about performance might I add:yeaok:

You do realize that lemonade was already out 6 MONTHS before the VMAs right? Obviously her boost isn't going to be as big. Closer and Make Me were only a month or so old, that's not even comparable. Plus, everyone knows she did a Lemonade medley, so multiple songs get a boost, which is way better than just one song getting a boost. Her entire album benifits, whereas in Britney's case, only Make Me benefits.

And if she had released the music videos for Work ***** and Make Me the day of their single release, they would've both been top 10s, there's no question about it. Even if Make Me had a shifty video, it still would've been providing extra streaming numbers.

16 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

itunes charts show what the folks are really checking for

That is where you're wrong :gross:

Spotify Charts aka streaming and how much a song is being played on the radio is what indicates what people are checking for in this day and age :lemmetellu:

Nobody barely even buys music anymore mainly because there's no point in buying music when you can just listen to it free anyways :outwithit:

7 minutes ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Spotify Charts aka streaming and how much a song is being played on the radio is what indicates what people are checking for in this day and age :lemmetellu:

Nobody barely even buys music anymore mainly because there's no point in buying music when you can just listen to it free anyways :outwithit:

Exactly. iTunes is irrelevant now. 

On 7/25/2017 at 4:04 PM, ShowdownITZ said:

I know but when I think of hit. It's not just about sales, it's also about if the gp knows and they really don't know any Bey songs from any of her last two albums.

Ehhh I never defend bey, but in people my age, drunk in love, formation, 7/11, partition, and pretty hurts are all well known. However, so is PG, but not MM or SP. 

I don't rlly think Britney is all about being as mainstream as she was . I think she is happy being a mom and making music for the fans . I am sure she is over it with bing on top center of attention :verycool: Just a theory . I think she is in a happy place right now .....but hey she did say she is competitive so that could change.

On 7/25/2017 at 0:11 PM, onyxhotel09 said:

Fact: Beyonce has not had a major hit single since the I am Sasha Farce era. 

Drunk On Love hit the top 10 i believe. correct me if I'm wrong :nocomprende:

7 hours ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Somebody buying those singles hun

Payola is always involved with radio

Sales tell the truth, radio lies and get caught in its lies

4 hours ago, Jay Holiday said:

Drunk On Love hit the top 10 i believe. correct me if I'm wrong :nocomprende:

Yes, it was #2. Even Formation hit #10.

3 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Is it? Is it really, though? When all of her previous albums (minus BenedictCumberbatch Jehovah) hit #1? :whitney: 

Only real Britney stans believe that Blackout really was #1. slay a bit :urite:

On 7/27/2017 at 1:24 AM, Itachi said:

Yes, it was #2. Even Formation hit #10.

Only real Britney stans believe that Blackout really was #1. slay a bit :urite:

We all know she got robbed of that number 1 spot thanks to BB and their bullshit literal last minute rule change. We're not under a Sukuyomi, boo boo. Lol

Archived