Britney hasn't had a Top 10 solo hit in six years

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

So could have Make Me if the original video was released and if the VMA performance was killer but oh well :whitney:

Both Work ***** and Make Me were such missed opportunities tbh. Shame on Britney and her team. :lemmetellu:

Although Work ***** did get some justice with all those performances these past four years and love from the GP. It's already iconic and I love that. :brit:

And that's bad because? She has like 11 or sth top 10 singles, most of her singles were top 20 and rest charted poorly. Britney was never a chart powerhouse, she released hits, but her charts were not great. And there is nothing bad with that, duel is a hit maker, something girls these days can't relate to, everyone knows Britney's songs.

2 hours ago, Trentals said:

And Xtina hasn't had a solo top 10 since 2007 :snapney:

Just now, onyxhotel09 said:

Fact: Beyonce has not had a major hit single since the I am Sasha Farce era. 

What does that have to do with this subject? :whitney: And Xtina's last solo top 10 was in 2008, not 2007. If you're gonna bring her up for no reason, at least get your facts straight. :whitney:

Just now, Cappycorn87 said:

Britney Did her job by promoting the single

The VMA was the biggest promo and it did its job

Afterwards, radio dropped the song, so it was getting by on its sales which showed the people liked the record

In that case, why didn't radio drop On the Floor? Or Drunk In Love? :whitney:

Stop making excuses, Britney didn't do a good enough promo performance to keep the song in the public interest. The song received a boost yes, but it could and should have been much higher considering the VMAs were a high profile event. Glory was out that weekend and it was blocked from staying #1 because of Lemonade's huge performance.

4 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

In that case, why didn't radio drop On the Floor? Or Drunk In Love? :whitney:

Stop making excuses, Britney didn't do a good enough promo performance to keep the song in the public interest. The song received a boost yes, but it could and should have been much higher considering the VMAs were a high profile event. Glory was out that weekend and it was blocked from staying #1 because of Lemonade's huge performance.

What’s interesting is that Drunk In Love wasn’t even that huge on pop radio. It reached #12 or something, but still reached #3 on Billboard and 3x platinum. If anything, radio was unfair to her.

Beyonce could selll without radio support, why not Britney?

Archived