That time Britney performed in her BOMT costume and predicted the future...

Mr. Lucky

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

It's weird looking back at how sexualised she was at a young age. I know this is nothing compared to pop acts now but still the whole schoolgirl image is kinda creepy since it came from the minds of creepy Jive execs :weirdmeout:

same thought crossed my mind... :mhm:

42 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

It's weird looking back at how sexualised she was at a young age. I know this is nothing compared to pop acts now but still the whole schoolgirl image is kinda creepy since it came from the minds of creepy Jive execs :weirdmeout:

Not really, if read the Britney and Nigel ****'s interview (especially one that he gave just a few years ago) said that the outfit was all Britney and three girl's from wardrobe department and he felt uncomfortable when people told him that he was "pervs execs in raincoat that came up with the idea"

1 minute ago, toy soldier. said:

Not really, if read the Britney and Nigel ****'s interview (especially one that he gave just a few years ago) said that the outfit was all Britney and three girl's from wardrobe department and he felt uncomfortable when people told him that he was "pervs execs in raincoat that came up with the idea"

Idk it seemed like a good way to cover their backs for being pervy about schoolgirls. I doubt Britney had more say than jive execs at 16. She just wanted to be a star like Madonna so she probably would've done anything to achieve that.

Just now, Shadow. said:

Idk it seemed like a good way to cover their backs for being pervy about schoolgirls. I doubt Britney had more say than jive execs at 16. She just wanted to be a star like Madonna so she probably would've done anything to achieve that.

I doubt he'd be lying almost 20 years later...we know that Britney was very clear on what she wanted and she didn't (making of Oops "I want it to be set on Mars and wear a catsuit, no aliens, you do the rest")

3 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

She does say in this interview months before the release of the video that she had a lot of input for the video and mentions "school uniforms" at 5:20.

2 minutes ago, toy soldier. said:

I doubt he'd be lying almost 20 years later...we know that Britney was very clear on what she wanted and she didn't (making of Oops "I want it to be set on Mars and wear a catsuit, no aliens, you do the rest")

She was a popstar who made chart music and was pretty much owned by a record label who wanted the next big thing, her opinion didn't mean ****. They wanted a popstar and they made her one. I don't doubt later in her career she maybe had more say especially with ITZ but in the very beginning I doubt she had more say over execs who had risked money to make her a star.

55 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

i know :orangu: 

especially thinking she was only 16-17 at the time

16-17 at that time for me meant a grown up, now when i see 16-17 year olds i see them as

tumblr_mgmumx7qPy1qarjjvo1_400.gif

3 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

She does say in this interview months before the release of the video that she had a lot of input for the video and mentions "school uniforms" at 5:20.

"A lot of input that was elaborated on" meaning she probably made some changes but in the end it was the director & jive who had the final say

2 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

i know :orangu: 

especially thinking she was only 16-17 at the time

16-17 at that time for me meant a grown up, now when i see 16-17 year olds i see them as

tumblr_mgmumx7qPy1qarjjvo1_400.gif

Right? The industry is ****** up tbh

Also that baby is so cute :makeitrain: 

Just now, Shadow. said:

"A lot of input that was elaborated on" meaning she probably made some changes but in the end it was the director & jive who had the final say

But if it was her idea to were school uniforms and the director & jive "elaborated on" that, who deserves credit for the famous school girl image?

Archived