Opinions on Glory after some time has passed

Daredevil

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really disagree with what most of the OP said but anyway:

Glory is one of her best albums to date. It's creative and unique and very different for Britney, which I applaud. She co-wrote a hand full of songs and she's actually singing and playing with her voice on it. Plus every single song is great! I love that it's eclectic. Overall it's very fun. I just wish that it had hits on it.

I CAN'T AT MOTM BEING BJ-ESQUE.

I can't. MOTM is one of the greatest songs on that album, plus for me it's something you would hear from a mature transition from OIDIA to now. MOTM is classic Britney. Love it so much.

Also, yesterday I was listening to Glory and although I really like MM, Invitation should've been the first single, Better the second one (mainstream and still sounds fresh), after that MM, SP or JLuvM But hey, that's my opinion anyway, a boy can dream.

2 hours ago, Daredevil said:

You don't have to downvote me if you disagree.

It is my opinion whether you like it or not.

But thanks for commenting, I like to hear all the opinions. I can see that almost a year after this album is fans' favorite!

Never really understood down voting someone for having a different opinion. Always though it was odd. Being rude is one thing, but just for having different tastes? How boring would it be if we all liked/disliked the same thing! :forkit:

On 7/24/2017 at 6:45 PM, DownAndUp said:

Glory is just missing that massive song...

BOMT had BOMT, OIDIA had Stronger, Britney had Slave, In the Zone had Toxic, Blackout had Gimme More, Circus had Womanizer, Femme Fatale had Till The World Ends, Britney Jean even had one with Work *****...don't see Make Me as that big song 

Yeah, I love Glory but I think that's what's probably missing for a lot of people; it's very good and remains consistent in quality pretty much all the way through, but lacks that career-changing hit or iconic-sounding track (even though I actually love MM).  

But those of us that have been fans of Britney's since the beginning are pretty spoiled in terms of number of huge pop hits per record, since we are used to having multiple, (often super successful), clear standout tracks on each album (with the exception of BJ). 

Like, I'd probably add Crazy (Stop! Remix), Sometimes, and Born to Make You Happy in addition to BOMT for the first album, even though obviously nothing compared to the success of the title track, and while most of them sound dated now, they made a big impact at the time and definitely still remain the highlights of the album. Would definitely include Oops! and also Lucky for OIDIA. Would unequivocally add Overprotected for Britney, Everytime for ITZ, BTI for BO, IUSA for Circus, etc.

Like, even the songs that weren't massive hits among those I just mentioned, they just immediately stood out to the listener as being a cut above the rest when listening to the album as a whole. 

3 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Yeah, I love Glory but I think that's what's probably missing for a lot of people; it's very good and remains consistent in quality pretty much all the way through, but lacks that career-changing hit or iconic-sounding track (even though I actually love MM).  

But those of us that have been fans of Britney's since the beginning are pretty spoiled in terms of number of huge pop hits per record, since we are used to having multiple, (often super successful), clear standout tracks on each album (with the exception of BJ). 

Like, I'd probably add Crazy (Stop! Remix), Sometimes, and Born to Make You Happy in addition to BOMT for the first album, even though obviously nothing compared to the success of the title track, and while most of them sound dated now, they made a big impact at the time and definitely still remain the highlights of the album. Would definitely include Oops! and also Lucky for OIDIA. Would unequivocally add Overprotected for Britney, Everytime for ITZ, BTI for BO, IUSA for Circus, etc.

Like, even the songs that weren't massive hits among those I just mentioned, they just immediately stood out to the listener as being a cut above the rest when listening to the album as a whole. 

Couldn't agree anymore 

Archived