Opinions on Glory after some time has passed

Daredevil

I still feel basically the same way I did about it on the day it came out. My core holy trinity is still the same: Love Me Down, Man On the Moon, and Clumsy. I also like If I'm Dancing a lot. I think there are too many mid-tempos, that the track list is messy, that the single choices were bad, that the album art is bad, that the album lacks cohesion. Some tracks have grown on me, like Hard to Forget Ya, Change Your Mind, and Just Luv Me. 

The big big highlight of the album is her VOICE. She hasn't sounded so ALIVE and ENGAGED vocally in several eras.

I like it about as much as I do Circus.

Blackout > Femme Fatale/In the Zone > OIDIA > Britney > Circus/Glory > Britney Jean > BOMT

I know I am in the minority of fans, but for me it's in the weaker half of her discography. It's a return to form from Britney Jean, but not a return to top form.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, maquisl said:

I'll never understand why you all hate Make Me so much. In my opinion it was a great choice for the 1st single, it showed us that she was going to release something different and not her typical max martin pop song. And Slumber Party is an amazing song too. The thing is, a ft. was totally unnecessary. Tinashe didn't add anything new or exciting to the song.

And even though I loved the album when it was released, now it's outside my top 5 or maybe it's the #5. It may be a silly thing but the lyrics kind of ruined it for me. I hate that she only sings about ***, or at least 90%. It's stupid. Oh, and the repetitive lyrics annoys me... I love Just Like Me and Love Me Down but... :nochillbrit: But besides that, I still listen to the same songs and skip the same songs, I would say it's 50-50. 

Max Martin is the last person to actually write Britney a solo hit, you know, and that's now *six years ago.* 

Britney has never had a Top 10 US hit that wasn't an uptempo track. About half of them are Max Martin songs.

I had to downvote just for the almost derogatory way you reviewed the tracks, thank God you like the album, otherwise I can only imagine how you would describe the songs.

Not even I could make such a disdainful review for Blackout which is my least favorite album.

Everyone has their opinions, so it's just pointless trying to discuss something that is very subjective. However I'd like to take this opportunity to share something I've been trying to say here, because it's something that I've heard over and over in the past few weeks, here, and in some of those video "reactions" ya'll post, and that is the amount of dislike an "overprocessed" track gets, especially when it comes to the vocals.

When I read or hear that, the first thing that comes to my mind is digital art. Traditional paintings will always get more credit because of the level of skill it requires, and the materials, the fact that if the artist makes a mistake, it's not always repairable and would require to start from zero, etc. However, there are millions of digital "paintings" or pictures, edits, etc, that are just as impressive, and beautiful, and also require a lot of technique, and skills, and when I read comments from these persons that appreciate this kind of art, on websites like DeviantArt, etc, I've never read anyone saying something like, a digital painting or a digital manipulation is bad, just because. Or that a traditional painting, the worse of them all, will always be better than a digital picture, just because it's done traditionally.

And sometimes that's the impression I get when people judge the use of autotune or any other form of voice manipulation, like just because it's not 100% natural, then it automatically makes it bad, even if actually sounds good. There are some instances, like the Slumber Party video, during the final chorus where she sounds like a chipmunk, and it doesn't really fit at all, that I could agree that it was unnecessary. But a track like Invitation, or probably Mood Ring, I think they're totally fine. Yeah, they're overprocessed, but why is that a bad thing, if the outcome is actually really good and beautiful?

From all the Glory tracks, the only vocal editing that could make me cringe is Clumsy at the "again and again and again and again..." part, but even that can be justified by the whole nature of the song. For me a song is more than just the vocals, or just the lyrics, it's the whole thing, the final result, I judge a song as a whole, not by its individual elements. This boy was reviewing ITZ the other day and almost puked when he listened to the final part of Brave New Girl. And I was like, ok, it isn't my favorite song but it's not like it's the most horrible, unbearable sound that one could ever experience. It's just a vocal effect, :beynah: that used to be cool 14 years ago, or at least was cool for about 5 seconds lol, but I don't think it's that big of deal. It comes to me almost as if it was part of the instrumental.

I really can't understand or imagine how does an overprocessed vocal make ya'll feel. For me it results more annoying to hear the male voices in Get Naked, etc, because in general I don't like many male singers. I can listen to one song or so, but if I keep listening to male vocals for an extended period of time, it starts to stress me out. I also don't like the female voices that are trendy right now, that are kinda whispered, and like a little bit raspy or idk like Halsey or Ellie Goulding or stuff like that.

So it all ends up being very subjective, but still I'll never understand the hate towards the digitally altered vocals, when they sound good.

To me is a good current pop album but that was it. Is it a great album? Yes, it's a step up from the previous one Britney Jean, is it her best album?  No, she's done better.

The fact that 80% of the songs are very slow to me make no sense at all if I consider Britney doesn't sing a **** live. It would work for anyone else but not for Britney cause her strength is to put on a spectacular show on stage and Glory is not that type of material. I like it but it's not my favorite. I do enjoy the tracks and I do admit some songs are so great but there's something I just don't like. In the zone, Britney and Femme Fatale are still my top of the top. 

18 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

So it all ends up being very subjective, but still I'll never understand the hate towards the digitally altered vocals, when they sound good.

I deleted most of your comment but the point is summarized on this last sentence. 

I do agree with you in a 500% I hate when people criticize the digital edition on music as if it was a tragedy. ALL SINGERS ARE EDITED ON THEIR ALBUMS, ALL OF THEM, even the ones known for being great vocalists, Whitney, Mariah, Xtina, etc. Not because they have bad voice but because an album recording needs to be perfectly done, it is a professional art work that needs to be adjusted in so many ways (speed, volume, pitch, melody, etc) that have nothing to do with the singer's singing abilities. 

It's like a magazine cover, the picture needs to be edited and adjusted, the clothes need to be well selected, the lighting needs to be adjusted, all of that in order to look professional. No photographer takes a picture and print it out right after shooting it, no one. 

I hope one day these people get to understand this and stop dragging Britney for such pointless argument.:lessons:

The main problem I have with this album is its theme almost exclusively revolves around one topic: ***. Not that her career wasn't built around that but it's tiring to hear her sing songs about *** all the time. The album is very one-sided, and there are I think only 2 songs in the album where she sings about something else (Just Luv Me, Just Like Me). What makes it worse is her promotional performances and appearances doesn't really connect with the theme of her album. I don't find Make Me... choreography ****, not especially this

Image result for britney knee tap gif

The album was supposed to sell *** and it's something that doesn't resonate with her performances and appearances. I mean come on, when was the last time she has posed for FHM or Maxim? I think it would have made her more interesting if she opens up about ***-related topics, and show that she's indeed the sexiest mom in pop music right now, instead of looking a bit awkward or uncomfortable in interviews.

I don't want to complain much about its sounds and instrumentation because though they sounded unoriginal, they actually compliment Britney's vocals. With that being said, I think most of the songs are actually single-worthy, not because they are good songs but because they sound exactly the same like what is currently played in the radio. Regardless though of what songs would have been released, they would have still tanked because Britney's promotions are poorly executed (for a first single) and non-existent (for a second single).

These songs should be erased in history books though: Private Show, Clumsy, Hard to Forget Ya, What You Need, If I'm Dancing

3 hours ago, Someone Who Knows said:

Max Martin is the last person to actually write Britney a solo hit, you know, and that's now *six years ago.* 

Britney has never had a Top 10 US hit that wasn't an uptempo track. About half of them are Max Martin songs.

I know and I love those hits, but she also needs to try new things. She can't be stuck in that type of songs forever, or at least I want her to try new things and evolve as an artist. That's why I love so many of the unreleased tracks or Blackout and ITZ and that's why I loved MM as a lead single because she kinda tried something a bit different. But of course, it wont be successful if all that surrounds it is a disaster, like MM promo was. If she doesn't have a hit is because she's lazy AF to promote the single and the album properly, not because the GP doesn't want to listen to her music. 

42 minutes ago, Itachi said:

The main problem I have with this album is its theme almost exclusively revolves around one topic: ***. Not that her career wasn't built around that but it's tiring to hear her sing songs about *** all the time. The album is very one-sided, and there are I think only 2 songs in the album where she sings about something else (Just Luv Me, Just Like Me). What makes it worse is her promotional performances and appearances doesn't really connect with the theme of her album. I don't find Make Me... choreography ****, not especially this

Image result for britney knee tap gif

The album was supposed to sell *** and it's something that doesn't resonate with her performances and appearances. I mean come on, when was the last time she has posed for FHM or Maxim? I think it would have made her more interesting if she opens up about ***-related topics, and show that she's indeed the sexiest mom in pop music right now, instead of looking a bit awkward or uncomfortable in interviews.

I don't want to complain much about its sounds and instrumentation because though they sounded unoriginal, they actually compliment Britney's vocals. With that being said, I think most of the songs are actually single-worthy, not because they are good songs but because they sound exactly the same like what is currently played in the radio. Regardless though of what songs would have been released, they would have still tanked because Britney's promotions are poorly executed (for a first single) and time non-existent (for a second single).

These songs should be erased in history books though: Private Show, Clumsy, Hard to Forget Ya, What You Need, If I'm Dancing

You take the words out of my mouth. :lessons:  Agree with all you said (Except for IID, it's soo catchy. I really like it lol)

They are still trying to sell us the ITZ's **** Britney when she's clearly no longer comfortable with it. And she's an amazing songwriter and has a lot of things to write about, but they don't use her talent. The performances could be so much better :nochillbrit:. And I'm not saying that she needs to act as a completely different artist, because she's still Britney and that's part of her career, but she needs to try new things if she's not comfortable with something. Otherwise, we will continue to have songs about *** and videos scrapped for being too ****. :kidcries:

Really interesting topic! Loved reading y'all comments! :giggleney:

I, too, still love Glory. I will admit I don't think it's as good as I thought it was last year and I know this is partly because it's no longer new and exciting, which had me hyped. But it's also because after listening to it so-o many times and comparing it to other albums I've found some things that could've been avoided to make it much stronger as a whole. So here's my take on it:

Chrouses. The choruses in DYWCO, Make Me, Just Luv Me, Clumsy, Just Like Me, Love Me Down, Hard To Forget Ya, Better and Change Your Mind are way too repetitive and almost empty. This is ok for a couple of songs but not for most of the album. Womanizer and TTWE are two great examples of repetitive choruses done this done right. And then when you have Private Show and What You Need that don't feel like full songs that's worse. I think those two would've worked a LOT better as interludes. 

Noisiness. Some songs have this "noisy" element to them that I find really annoying and I don't know whether it is the vocals or the beats, but they can sometimes be jarring to the ears. This is something I've noticed while playing the songs really loud like in the car, hanging out with friends or at parties. The songs are so noisy they become either background noise or a distracting noise that makes people frown. Said songs are: Invitation, Man On The Moon, Clumsy, Hard To Forget Ya, Better and especially LIAR and IF I'M DANCING (which is one of my favourites but it can be really annoying). :nyheadache:

Private Show and If I'm Dancing. They're cool songs and I like them, but they're messy af, especially PS with that twerking part which is unexpected in a bad kinda way. It's like with those two songs Britney couldn't decide which sound she wanted and ended up having all styles together. Sometimes this works, but that didn't happen here. Outrageous is a good example of different styles packed in a song done right. 

What You Need. This doesn't even feel like a song but rather the first verse over and over again until the bridge and then the spoken part. The beat goes on and on and the song never kicks. I noticed this while watching a reaction video when the album dropped. The two guys were like ok where is this going? and the song kept going on and on. Hence the song feels repetitive and pointless. This is the video I'm talking about btw https://youtu.be/eD0H5tfkSeA?t=12m35s

There's a Britney Spears banger missing. I get it's a more chill, vibey side of Britney but the album can feel somewhat quiet. Like most people have said, there's not a song that really stands out and it feels like there's something missing. Do You Wanna Come Over? is perhaps the closest to it but idk, there's still something missing.

It's a good album, but it's not great and there's no way it's a MASTERPIECE. Promo or no promo, when music is really good people listen to it and talk about it because music moves people, just look at Blackout. This doesn't happen with Glory, as we know most of the GP and even Britney fans don't know or care about it. If you don't think the same just watch different reaction/review videos and you'll see most people 'like' the album but don't find it to be mind-blowingly amazing. Now I can see as well why Glory won't get award nominations or high praise from critics other than them saying it's a good/okayish album. Again, with Britney stuff these past few years it always seems to be "ok."

So that's pretty much it. I do love lots of things in Glory tho:

Vocals. Mother ******* vocals are on point! Especially in Private Show and What You Need. Even if they're messy Britney showcased a powerful voice. I do wish we could appreciate her vocals better in songs like Invitation and Man On The Moon but I can see that those vocal effects add to the atmosphere of the songs.

Production. Yeah I have some issues with the production in some of the songs but at the same time it's really good lol.

Flow. The album flows great from beginning to middle to end.

It's an improvement from Circus, Femme Fatale and particularly, Britney Jean.

***** worked, *****! Last but not least: the fact that you can tell not only did Britney have a lot of fun working on this album, she worked really hard on it. And that in the end, Glory is a fun album. Fun and cool, and faded in pastel colours.

:hahayea:

To finish off, I just want to say that no matter how much I love Britney and the music she puts out, I try to judge it having in mind the current musical landscape as well as her previous works, instead of blindly loving the music just because of my love for Britney. That would be dumb and reductive. So although I sometimes fail to be unbiased I try to put my stan card to one side, ya know. I still listen to the album often and let Britney's voice take me away even if I think Glory is not flawless. I enjoy it a lot, especially Make Me, Just Luv Me and Slumber Party. Those are great freaking songs! And of course, I'm super grateful for Glory and always will be. :clap:

2 minutes ago, maquisl said:

You take the words out of my mouth. :lessons:  Agree with all you said (Except for IID, it's soo catchy. I really like it lol)

They are still trying to sell us the ITZ's **** Britney when she's clearly no longer comfortable with it. And she's an amazing songwriter and has a lot of things to write about, but they don't use her talent. The performances could be so much better :nochillbrit:. And I'm not saying that she needs to act as a completely different artist, because she's still Britney and that's part of her career, but she needs to try new things if she's not comfortable with something. Otherwise, we will continue to have songs about *** and videos scrapped for being too ****. :kidcries:

Don't worry, I'm not gonna judge you for liking IID. :tiffanynod:

You can see the effort they are trying to bring in to make Britney look ****, by having her wear skimpy but cheap-looking costumes. I mean there are so many ways to look and sound ****. The sounds that she created for Glory kind of reminds me of this video actually

The choreography and cinematography matches the song so much that even if it's not Beyonce's raciest music video, it definitely made her look so ****, and you can feel the message she's trying to convey. I'm not implying that she should copy Beyonce, but she should be like Beyonce able to connect with her audience by giving them the emotions she is delivering (example, BEYONCE was the ******, powerful Beyonce and people felt that; then Lemonade was the angry, frustrated, helpless Beyonce and people felt that too). Post-breakdown Britney always had a problem doing that. She kept releasing music whose performances doesn't always resonate with it; I think only Circus was able to achieve it to a certain extent only because there are so many things that can be done with a circus theme (props alone already fulfilled the promise of a circus extravaganza for TCSBS). But when Femme Fatale came whose premise was a strong, ****** woman, Britney appeared tired and uninterested. Don't even get started with Britney Jean which was supposed to be a personal album. And this trend continued with Glory because instead of getting a **** mommy Britney, we get a granny zumba dancing Britney.

I agree with you, if Britney refuses to play all ****, she should stop playing the **** pop star act. Her performances are so unflattering. She should try it out with a different concept already or a different genre. If it fails, carry on. At this point, she almost has nothing to lose anyway.

Because it's her most recent album it's the one I listen to in full the most often. And it has still maintained replacing Circus as the third in my holy trinity, after Blackout and ITZ. 

In general, it has a more adult, yet also trend-following tone than other of her albums (ITZ is her most mature). And because pop music has increasingly shifted away from the Britney style uptempo singles we've gotten so used to, it is missing that ultimately iconic track that goes along with her legacy.

Here's my track-by-track. My opinions of a lot of songs have definitely changed over time...

1. Invitation: Sets a stunning tone as album opener. Atmospheric and ****, one of her most mature & abstract songs, akin to TOMH. Where previous albums open with singles to start the party, Invitation proves the left lane direction Britney was going with for Glory. 

2. Make Me: One of my all-time favourite Britney tracks, and most played in my iTunes. Not the style single the GP (and many of y'all) wanted, but legitimately one of her most unique, gorgeous, and best songs ever. #justicefororiginalvideo

3. Private Show: Breaks the mood established by previous two tracks (and continued by MOTM). Ridiculous song, however super fun to sing along to. Has the classic Britney deeper vocals in the verses, ironically juxtaposed against the new norm of chipmunkney in the chorus. The only thing I don't actually like is the "work it, work it..." part. 

4. Man On The Moon: I cried the first time I heard it. Really romantic and melancholy. I love it, but don't listen to it nearly as much as I used to. 

5. Just Luv Me: Has really won me over, because initially I thought it was too much like Justin Bieber and didn't agree with the hype. But it's basically on par with the emotion of Unusual You. Could have been a radio-friendly single. 

6. Clumsy: I don't agree with the hate - it's a fun bop and could have been a good Summer banger last year with the gays. Yes her vocals crack a bit, and the entire production has a messy layer of white noise static over it. But I like it, and it's a modern version of a FF track. 

7. Do You Wanna Come Over?: The most like a classic Britney song on the whole album. Should have been a single, and is equal in quality to MATM. Granted many feel MATM is her weakest lead single, and of course Glory doesn't have a Toxic-level track on it. I love it. 

8. Slumber Party: Authentically Britney while still following music trends. I had thought that would make it the perfect balance for a radio friendly single, but obviously not and "it just didn't work." I love Tinashe, but her feature on the single version is pretty neutral and doesn't garner necessity, so I understand why many of y'all didn't/don't like that - especially since she got the best lyric. However, the single version with Tinashe is the one I always listen to, and I'm extremely grateful for the fantastic music video we got.

9. Just Like Me: I really dig it - has great vocals, and love singing along too it. But it needs a third verse to give the story a proper ending, so feels incomplete. And reminds me a little too much of Carrie Underwood. I don't listen to this nearly enough as I should. Deserves a live vocals acoustic version. 

10. Love Me Down: Kind of overrated fan favourite. It's a fun song, but I don't listen to it often. I like the chorus and all the ad libs though. And thinking about it right now actually makes me want to listen to it.

11. Hard To Forget Ya: Initially one of my least favourite because the chorus is so ******* repetitive, but I've come to enjoy singing along to the rest of it. But I don't like the instrumental in the beginning or the first verse lyrics. Yet has surprisingly grown on me once I stopped judging it so harshly. Still don't listen to it all that often. 

12. What You Need: Worst song on the album and aggressively doesn't mesh well stylistically. That Duffy-style production is so dated and just not cool. I appreciate how much fun she had playing in the studio, but this shouldn't be on the album and should really be an unreleased track we get leaked years later. 

13. Better: Grew on me just as much, if not more, than Just Luv Me. Very trendy, but summery and ****, and should be a single. 

14. Change Your Mind: Initially one of my faves, but I think I've replaced it with Better. Totally **** and dance-y and would be a good single for now. I don't particularly care for the Spanish verse because it's not her, and definitely think it would work better as a feature section for a remix single. But now she's had too damn many features, so I don't support that at all. And *definitely not* with Shakira. 

15. Liar: Also overrated - although seems like there's an equal faction of you who hate it. I don't hate it, and liked it a lot better once I knew the lyrics to sing along. But it does remind me of Taylor Swift generic radio friendly pop, and our Queen is much better than that. The vocal production is really bad and covered by tons of muffled noise static - way worse than Clumsy. 

16. If I'm Dancing: Could have been a really great hardcore choreography single, but now I'm over it. I love it and it was one of my initial faves, but the production is pretty aggressive so I have to space out how often I listen to it. SO FUN to dance to though, but surprisingly not a good track at  the gym for some reason. 

17. Coupure Electrique: Perfectly artsy album closer. Totally random and super relaxing, but requires a specific mood to enjoy so I don't listen to it often at all. But I commend how left lane it is. Very pretty. (I wish the Trace Adams remix was even more dance-y and didn't just sound like a slightly faster version of the original. So please share your fave dance remixes with me!)

18. Mood Ring: I ******* love this song so much. I almost don't mind that it's a Japan-only bonus track, because that makes it all the more of a hidden gem. I'm obsessed with how melancholy it is - like a really sad version of Strangest Love. 

THANKS FOR READING!!!

36 minutes ago, Curiousexhaler86 said:

Really interesting topic! Loved reading y'all comments! :giggleney:

I, too, still love Glory. I will admit I don't think it's as good as I thought it was last year and I know this is partly because it's no longer new and exciting, which had me hyped. But it's also because after listening to it so-o many times and comparing it to other albums I've found some things that could've been avoided to make it much stronger as a whole. So here's my take on it:

Chrouses. The choruses in DYWCO, Make Me, Just Luv Me, Clumsy, Just Like Me, Love Me Down, Hard To Forget Ya, Better and Change Your Mind are way too repetitive and almost empty. This is ok for a couple of songs but not for most of the album. Womanizer and TTWE are two great examples of repetitive choruses done this done right. And then when you have Private Show and What You Need that don't feel like full songs that's worse. I think those two would've worked a LOT better as interludes. 

Noisiness. Some songs have this "noisy" element to them that I find really annoying and I don't know whether it is the vocals or the beats, but they can sometimes be jarring to the ears. This is something I've noticed while playing the songs really loud like in the car, hanging out with friends or at parties. The songs are so noisy they become either background noise or a distracting noise that makes people frown. Said songs are: Invitation, Man On The Moon, Clumsy, Hard To Forget Ya, Better and especially LIAR and IF I'M DANCING (which is one of my favourites but it can be really annoying). :nyheadache:

Private Show and If I'm Dancing. They're cool songs and I like them, but they're messy af, especially PS with that twerking part which is unexpected in a bad kinda way. It's like with those two songs Britney couldn't decide which sound she wanted and ended up having all styles together. Sometimes this works, but that didn't happen here. Outrageous is a good example of different styles packed in a song done right. 

What You Need. This doesn't even feel like a song but rather the first verse over and over again until the bridge and then the spoken part. The beat goes on and on and the song never kicks. I noticed this while watching a reaction video when the album dropped. The two guys were like ok where is this going? and the song kept going on and on. Hence the song feels repetitive and pointless. This is the video I'm talking about btw https://youtu.be/eD0H5tfkSeA?t=12m35s

There's a Britney Spears banger missing. I get it's a more chill, vibey side of Britney but the album can feel somewhat quiet. Like most people have said, there's not a song that really stands out and it feels like there's something missing. Do You Wanna Come Over? is perhaps the closest to it but idk, there's still something missing.

It's a good album, but it's not GREAT and there's no way it's a masterpiece. Promo or no promo, when music is really good people listen to it and talk about it because music moves people, just look at Blackout. This doesn't happen with Glory, as we know most of the GP and even Britney fans don't know or care about it. If you don't think the same just watch different reaction/review videos and you'll see most people 'like' the album but don't find it to be mind-blowingly amazing. Now I can see as well why Glory won't get award nominations or high praise from critics other than them saying it's a good/okayish album. Again, with Britney stuff these past few years it always seems to be "ok."

So that's pretty much it. I do love lots of things in Glory tho:

Vocals. Mother ******* vocals are on point! Especially in Private Show and What You Need. Even if they're messy Britney showcased a powerful voice. I do wish we could appreciate her vocals better in songs like Invitation and Man On The Moon but I can see that those vocal effects add to the atmosphere of the songs.

Production. Yeah I have some issues with the production in some of the songs but at the same time it's really good lol.

Flow. The album flows great from beginning to middle to end.

It's an improvement from Circus, Femme Fatale and particularly, Britney Jean.

***** worked, *****! Last but not least: the fact that you can tell not only did Britney have a lot of fun working on this album, she worked really hard on it. And that in the end, Glory is a fun album. Fun and cool, and faded in pastel colours.

:hahayea:

To finish off, I just want to say that no matter how much I love Britney and the music she puts out, I try to judge it having in mind the current musical landscape as well as her previous works, instead of blindly loving the music just because of my love for Britney. That would be dumb and reductive. So although I sometimes fail to be unbiased I try to put my stan card to one side, ya know. I still listen to the album often and let Britney's voice take me away even if I think Glory is not flawless. I enjoy it a lot, especially Make Me, Just Luv Me and Slumber Party. Those are great freaking songs! And of course, I'm super grateful for Glory and always will be. :clap:

I really liked your critique. Very concise and full of valid points that go beyond mere opinions and actually analyze the material. 

Edit: I just realized you like the album flow. That's one of my biggest negative critiques of the album - I find it way too jumpy because certain songs don't fit or totally disrupt an established mood. I'm still trying to figure out the best track order, and usually I end up pulling in tracks from other albums and over complicating everything. 

PS: If you wanna read my review, it's the comment above this. :)

It's a good album but the whole Make Me fiasco just overshadowed everything. Despite on the music quality, it's always be tainted by that cringe feast atrocity video and disgusting album cover. :wontcry: 

Slumber Party in the other hand, I loved that song back then but it just doesn't age with time. 

I had similar feelings - Glory didn't take any specific direction. Either slow, mellow, r&b-ish ot hh-ish track nor upbeat jams. I'm happy that it is more natural Britney and more the album she wanted to record but it's missing a smash. And now while Im listening to it without skipping any tracks I get so tired and bored before better, cym and the other bonus tracks come up, that Im not even happy hearinh them. 

Also I am very salty about the treatment this album got from her, her team and the GP so most of the days Glory makes me kinda sad in a way that Britney doesn't count anymore

Archived