Why do people care if Britney has more success in music when she has already had so much?

sarahbbyy

9 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Oh wow! So you're brand new to the Army. Well, honestly you being a stan now makes me happy that she's still pulling new generations in, even while she's pretty dormant in the pop world. Slay. :brit:

I always liked her music but I decided to listen to her whole discography and watch some performances and I decided to stan. I always thought of her as a legend tho even when I wasn't a fan.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I totally agree OP. As much as it's exciting to see her singles sky-rocket on the charts, it really doesn't matter to me. I'd rather her continue her craft in the direction she desires, commercial success be damned. If it's quality  music, I'm here for it.

5 hours ago, sarahbbyy said:

Beyonce has not had a hit because her albums and her artistic growth has become more important,

Thats the big difference with beyonce and Britney. beyonce is an artist in every definition of the word  and Britney is a popstar. Beyonce has always put alot of effort and  into each of her eras. Britney has always been more into making pop hits and not hit albums im not saying her albums aren't good I mean like her and her team seem to focus on 2 things a #1 album and a #1 first single and then after that she tours and records another hit 2 years later. And thats why we care so much that she is #1 its all we ever known. :donewithit: 

1 hour ago, Britman512 said:

Thats the big difference with beyonce and Britney. beyonce is an artist in every definition of the word  and Britney is a popstar. Beyonce has always put alot of effort and  into each of her eras. Britney has always been more into making pop hits and not hit albums im not saying her albums aren't good I mean like her and her team seem to focus on 2 things a #1 album and a #1 first single and then after that she tours and records another hit 2 years later. And thats why we care so much that she is #1 its all we ever known. :donewithit: 

Well, it is not like Britney was not going in that direction before 2007 happened. Beyonce started truly being an artist with her fourth album just like Britney but then obviously it changed with Circus onwards. She needs to take control over her life and career. I don't believe it will ever be too late, to be honest. Then again, we will all stop being fans if it takes too long.

7 hours ago, danny1994 said:

Britney clearly still wants success, she wouldn’t be doing the VMAs and carpool karaoke if she didn’t. They even did a radio deal for Make Me.

but her energy and plans was not enough for this. Lead single was mid-tempo (first mistake) and scrapped video mess (second big mistake).. VMA comeback performance was disappointed for her fans and GP.. (Third mistake)  .. 

4 minutes ago, Godllory said:

but her energy and plans was not enough for this. Lead single was mid-tempo (first mistake) and scrapped video mess (second big mistake).. VMA comeback performance was disappointed for her fans and GP.. (Third mistake)  .. 

The promo shows she still wants to be relevant, but the execution is just really bad...

Guest StrawberryKisses

Britney is already a legend. Classic. Icon. She is the pizza of music. 

I don't stress about her, her legacy won't be ruined.

8 hours ago, sarahbbyy said:

Yeah but I even said in my post that her reputation is bad and that is not the way that should be. Lots of artists after having as much success as Britney at least stop until their 6th to 7th album to evaluate how they could grow their artistry into something deeper than just achieving album sales which is the main focus for someone who is starting out so they can continue having success when they have more creative freedom. 

Fans are constantly praising Femme Fatale and Circus but in my opinion, those albums should not have happened. She went backwards from Blackout by making music she did not even like because she had no power anymore after her father and Larry took back over.

She should have been focusing on creating a reputation of a legend. She should have been writing for younger artists, doing collaborations for their albums, and just been creating her own label or management company while trying to help other artists achieve success like a lot of people with Britney's success have done.

The album Britney Jean definitely killed her out of the lineup for radio play because Femme Fatale should have given her a lot more. However, because that flopped and they started to focus on Vegas, now everything she does is having that same kind of success. It also does not help that she has not maintained a solid reputation as an epic stage performer with her limited dancing skills now but to me, sales are the least of her problems.

Well yeah, I totally see your point that Circus and Femme Fatale are kinda alien to Britney herself, and that the albums didn't have much of her input in them. But what else was she going to do? All power was taken away from her after the breakdown, she was treated like a little baby by the time Circus was in the works (they needed a good, GP friendly album to save her career) and then with Femme Fatale she seemed really lost, more so than in 2007/8 (did she have another breakdown? who knows) and the album ended up being really different from what it was supposed to be (didn't she say at the beginning that she was going for a more urban/hip hop sound?). Then Britney Jean came in 2013 but that was just a marketing strategy to attract fans to Vegas while keeping her name out there. And in the end, even if those three albums aren't perfect they're still pretty good so why can't we enjoy them for what they are? Unfortunately we can't change the past.

And then to answer all our prayers came Glory, pure Britney magic, and that was really cool. But the focus was still on POM and it's like she totally forgot about it the moment the album dropped. Her team didn't do much either because as long as she's doing fine with the residency they're filthy ri-ahem, happy. I just hope Britney can stay passionate with b10 and let the world know about her "baby."

Also her image as a performer has declined quite a bit. She was doing some really cool stuff by the time they revamped POM, like dancing for pleasure and sharing it on social media, feeling **** and creating beautiful performances like the ones for Breathe On Me and Touch of My Hand. Then the BBMAs happened last year and she had EVERYONE craving more Britney Spears in their lives! But then the VMAs performance was a huge let down and after that she just kept promoting Vegas so the interest went away again. Her career and management have become SO MESSY as of late!

Again, I believe whatever she decides to do after Vegas will tell us if Britney Spears can blossom into something good, artistic, and mature, so she can stop hanging on to her past achievements aka BOMT/Oops/Crazy/Slave/Toxic/Womanizer/Work ***** to make easy money.  :mattafact:

Phew! That was a lot of typing lol, I wish we could talk to her somehow or her team at least. I know most of us want the best for Britney, because we understand the different perspectives and interests that come into play. It is possible to have the ******* epic career a living legend like her should have and still live a -kinda- private life with her two beautiful children, Sadly, there's a wall between Britney/her team and the rest of the world. :boredashell:

4 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

The day it came out, all iHeartRadio stations played it every hour. Slumber Party didn't get a radio deal, they must have already given up at that point :sassybrit:

:tiffsniffle: Make Me underperformed but Slumber Party downright flopped, I really thought it was gonna smash.

Archived