Why do people care if Britney has more success in music when she has already had so much?

sarahbbyy

5 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

I was pointing it out because you said she wasn't a chart success. I would much rather her album flop and it was good quality than it become a worldwide success and it was basic af, but I don't think the number of albums an artist has should mean they don't sell well, Beyonce has been in the business as long as Britney has albeit she wasn't solo and she is still relevant. The fact is exactly what you said though she isn't attempting to be relevant or improve her artistry and people are bored of her act and honestly I don't blame them

Yeah, I know she is not trying to improve her artistry but that is kind of the point of my post. I am trying to say that her sales to me do not matter as much as the fact that she does not have a  great reputation anymore. I would be much more satisfied if Britney would stay relevant while making music that we as fans like, even if it does not generate the same revenue as her peers or younger artists.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, sarahbbyy said:

Yeah, I know she is not trying to improve her artistry but that is kind of the point of my post. I am trying to say that her sales to me do not matter as much as the fact that she does not have a  great reputation anymore. I would be much more satisfied if Britney would stay relevant while making music that we as fans like, even if it does not generate the same revenue as her peers or younger artists.

Yeah she is fast track becoming a nostalgia act because she constantly relies on her past achievements to be popular and anytime she is asked about them for example, the VMA 01 performance she plays it down and says 'it was stupid' yet she expects credit for **** she doesn't even do on stage, its ridiculous. I mean, she can't actually think what she is doing now is better than what she's done previously? :weirdmeout:

1 minute ago, Shadow. said:

Yeah she is fast track becoming a nostalgia act because she constantly relies on her past achievements to be popular and anytime she is asked about them for example, the VMA 01 performance she plays it down and says 'it was stupid' yet she expects credit for **** she doesn't even do on stage, its ridiculous. I mean, she can't actually think what she is doing now is better than what she's done previously? :weirdmeout:

I mean, I’ve told you how I became a fan right? :tiffcackle:

Hint: It wasn’t because of Britney Jean or Pretty Girls :tiffcackle:

1 minute ago, Shadow. said:

Well, she said it was stupid because of how scary and dangerous it was. I can never understand why she says "Oops I Did It Again" is just a song. At 18 when she released it, she understood the meaning yet she now suddenly does not remember after singing it a billion times? I can't get into her head.

I had sympathy before she said that she is upset people do not give her credit for how hard she works to sing live while performing. I mean, I can come up with every excuse in the book for her, especially with in other complaints fans make but she for sure KNOWS her voice is not at all live at her concerts.

I know that she sings to her microphone but nobody hears it and for someone who is been doing that since Dream Within A Dream Tour, she has no right to bullshit people that way. It's unreal.

5 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

I mean, I’ve told you how I became a fan right? :tiffcackle:

Hint: It wasn’t because of Britney Jean or Pretty Girls :tiffcackle:

Yeah exactly, the fact you became a fan because of her career previously and not because of what she does now speaks volumes, but obviously because you became a fan not long ago your opinion doesn't count :whitney:

2 minutes ago, sarahbbyy said:

Well, she said it was stupid because of how scary and dangerous it was. I can never understand why she says "Oops I Did It Again" is just a song. At 18 when she released it, she understood the meaning yet she now suddenly does not remember after singing it a billion times? I can't get into her head.

I had sympathy before she said that she is upset people do not give her credit for how hard she works to sing live while performing. I mean, I can come up with every excuse in the book for her, especially with in other complaints fans make but she for sure KNOWS her voice is not at all live at her concerts.

I know that she sings to her microphone but nobody hears it and for someone who is been doing that since Dream Within A Dream Tour, she has no right to bullshit people that way. It's unreal.

Exactly she would get more respect from me if she was just honest about it but she doesn't even sing ballads live! I think most fans feel sympathy because of what she went through personally but she's in a much better place now and obviously is capable of putting on a good show she just doesn't wanna put the effort in and I refuse to support that. I will always support Britney but i'm not gonna praise her when she doesn't deserve it, I used to stick up for her lip syncing because of her dancing but even now she doesn't dance enough to lip sync the entire show

1 hour ago, Britneyisfire said:

The music business is a business. She needs to be successful as a pop star.

Also, this post is funny since this is the same site that still calls Christina "Floptina" and talk about how Beyonce hasn't had a hit in years and now there's a post saying that Britney doesn't need to be successful. :outwithit:

You are soo ******* right. A lot of fans are so delusional. They are all thirsty for something iconic, but everytime she doesn't deliver they find excuses to justify the mediocrity when in fact, deep down, they want her to slay. Like you said, this is a business and you need to work your *** off. Otherwise, why bother at all. We have been here for her through out all these years and we deserve better... I am being critical, not because I am a hater but because I wan her to be the best! 

38 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

But anyway, I think what fans are upset about is that she’s losing success as a result of being lazy. If she was giving it her all and didn’t even chart, I wouldn’t care.

THIS. I don't care if she never gets a #1 single again, just as long as Danceney is alive and she delivers amazing music that continues her growth as an artist.

Just now, Shadow. said:

Exactly she would get more respect from me if she was just honest about it but she doesn't even sing ballads live! I think most fans feel sympathy because of what she went through personally but she's in a much better place now and obviously is capable of putting on a good show she just doesn't wanna put the effort in and I refuse to support that. I will always support Britney but i'm not gonna praise her when she doesn't deserve it, I used to stick up for her lip syncing because of her dancing but even now she doesn't dance enough to lip sync the entire show

Well, I always stuck up for her lip syncing because I understand the deeper reasons behind why she does not. It has never really been about her dancing. There has been issues concerning that since the beginning of her career. The thing is when she kept silent about it, I always thought that she knew she was not giving it her all, so that would give me confidence that she would eventually change that because she knows her faults.

Britney never used to claim credit for what she does not deserve and that is kind of why I always loved her. She had changed my life, not because she was a great artist or performer(those were just a bonus), but because she came off as the realist person I had seen celebrity or not and by far the sweetest and most humble. Sadly, I think that has changed and she made me lose hope. Why feel sorry for her?

Maybe, this whole thing was a wake up call for her but I won't be keeping my hopes up. I mean, she knows why she has always struggled with her voice and why she does not sing live but even if she was not ready to open up about it, she could have just given a really brief answer for now, instead of this bull on how she "deserves" respect for something she absolutely does not do and she knows it. i respect her struggles and would have respected the lack of live syncing if she did not demand credit. 

She might have grown up in the media and I understand that is why she is incredibly immature but she is still an adult. She has to live with the fact that instead of fighting for the life she wanted, she backed down when things got tough for her. 

I don't really mind if she doesn't reach No.1 on the charts.... but after all these years, since her meltdown, one would expect her to evolve past her anxiety, being uncomfortable or whatever the **** is going on.... I need her to be more artistic, we all need her to at least do great music videos, productions, costumes.... little things matter.... Not just to try to squeeze as much money as possible from her fans.... cus that won't go on for a lot longer if this mediocrity keeps on ....

3 minutes ago, saudin_unltd said:

You are soo ******* right. A lot of fans are so delusional. They are all thirsty for something iconic, but everytime she doesn't deliver they find excuses to justify the mediocrity when in fact, deep down, they want her to slay. Like you said, this is a business and you need to work your *** off. Otherwise, why bother at all. We have been here for her through out all these years and we deserve better... I am being critical, not because I am a hater but because I wan her to be the best! 

Yes but delivering something iconic does not equal being at the top of the charts or having high sales. I even said in my post I am concerned Britney has not maintained her reputation and skills as a performer but not that she does not have high sales anymore. The music business is not about that when you are 10-20 years into your career. Its about building a brand beyond just what you have already done. Britney needed to challenge herself and go beyond just having successful albums.

Just now, sarahbbyy said:

Yes but delivering something iconic does not equal being at the top of the charts or having high sales. I even said in my post I am concerned Britney has not maintained her reputation and skills as a performer but not that she does not have high sales anymore. The music business is not about that when you are 10-20 years into your career. Its about building a brand beyond just what you have already done. Britney needed to challenge herself and go beyond just having successful albums.

I am not talking about being No.1 on the charts... I am talking about the mediocrity that we have been served for the past few albums... I need her to be more artistic, invest in her music videos, put a little effort into what she does... We deserve more than what we are being offer for the past decade.... She's got some great songs, which are ruined by cheap music videos, productions, lazyness.... And you are right, I feel like she has lost a lot of respect from other artists and people in the music industry. And it makes me really angry.... If she doesn't care anymore, than I won't bother to support her anymore. Simple as that....

1 hour ago, sarahbbyy said:

My biggest concern with Britney is tarnishing her legacy rather than her NOT continuing on this road to success recording artist. I care about her having great music without caring if she has extensive radio play like younger artists. I care about her having respect from the general public and people admiring what she has built while listening to her new music with more pride than her old that just gave her the hits.

Because Britney's label would release her albums worldwide in the beginning of her career, she did not have too many number one hits back in the day anyway. She had some of the greatest sales in album terms and is still the highest selling female musician in the 2000s decade. Beyonce only has 4 number one hits while Rihanna has had 11. Does that mean Rihanna is better? 

I love how Madonna for example has had so much long term success but I don't want Britney to be like her. I wanted her to make music that fans enjoy rather than looking like she is trying to keep up with the younger crowd and trying to gather hits, which is what she is starting to look like right now. 

Realistically, (as much as fans LOVE Circus, Femme Fatale, Britney Jean, and Glory), those albums would and should not have happened if Britney were to not have gone through a breakdown and put under conservatorship. She would have released a more personal album for her 6th and just tried to continue investing in other projects outside of music.

She would have done musicals like she said she wanted to do or maybe acting. Maybe, she would have done X-Factor then or even American Idol and turned over to focus on helping younger artists get success like she did. 

Then, she would have continued to have released albums in some years at a time with more artistic growth and she would have HUGE tours, without any number one hits or much care in either releasing albums consistently or having high sales at all. 

I don't think her releasing albums would have mattered as much if we did not think people looked down at Britney.

1 hour ago, Phonography423 said:

Britney fans have this neurotic need for her to be #1 all the time. She doesn't care because that's not what makes her sleep at night. To her she's proven herself already. 

1 hour ago, The Holy Spearit said:

I agree. We should just stop caring so much about chart positions. Honestly B10 lead single and album will likely flop. We just have to accept it. I just wish we would get more singles and better music videos.

So... "Cute and **** mediocrity is allowed, cuz she already won decades ago"  :girlwhat:

Well, whatever helps you'all sleep at night.:gelis:

the only thing I'm concerned about as a fan is Quality. I want great visuals and albums with cohesive intention the whole era, even if the era doesn't last forever. 

I'm okay with Britney reinventing.... as long as the experiment comes from a real place.

Her trying to make radio hits is getting a little old.... BUT I truly think Glory is a huge step in the right direction. With the right concept and visuals and persistence, it could have been much more respected as a project regardless of how well it charted.

2 hours ago, sarahbbyy said:

Beyonce only has 4 number one hits while Rihanna has had 11. Does that mean Rihanna is better? 

Everyone has his own taste ... for me, Rihanna is better than Beyonce.,.:mhmsureny:

and now for Britney... I won't lie It saddens me a bit that the numbers of her sales and charts are getting worse and worse.. but that's not why I became a fan, so I put it aside and choose to enjoy the music and what she chooses to do:flawlessbye:

14 minutes ago, OneLife said:

Everyone has his own taste ... for me, Rihanna is better than Beyonce.,.:mhmsureny:

Well, maybe I should have stated that just because one has better chart success, does not make one more popular. I actually prefer Rihanna too or at least I used too.

54 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

THIS. I don't care if she never gets a #1 single again, just as long as Danceney is alive and she delivers amazing music that continues her growth as an artist.

No I need to experience one successful era as a stan :lemmetellu: you guys are so lucky to watch her when she was the biggest pop star in the world :otears:

1 minute ago, ShowdownITZ said:

No I need to experience one successful era as a stan :lemmetellu: you guys are so lucky to watch her when she was the biggest pop star in the world :otears:

Gurl, I was like 9 years old during ITZ, I didn't care about charts, I cared about how awesome she was. :orangu:

I didn't discover the stan world until the Circus era and by then everyone took the success for granted because we were used to it so we just had meltdowns over her performances.

It wasn't until Britney Jean that this fanbase got a true taste of flahpping. :lemmetellu:

1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Gurl, I was like 9 years old during ITZ, I didn't care about charts, I cared about how awesome she was. :orangu:

I didn't discover the stan world until the Circus era and by then everyone took the success for granted because we were used to it so we just had meltdowns over her performances.

It wasn't until Britney Jean that this fanbase got a true taste of flahpping. :lemmetellu:

I started to know about her during Circus and I was like 5 so I got into the whole stan/fanbase last year. Everything looked so promising. I really thought she was coming.:mcry:

1 minute ago, ShowdownITZ said:

I started to know about her during Circus and I was like 5 so I got into the whole stan/fanbase last year. Everything looked so promising. I really thought she was coming.:mcry:

Oh wow! So you're brand new to the Army. Well, honestly you being a stan now makes me happy that she's still pulling new generations in, even while she's pretty dormant in the pop world. Slay. :brit:

Archived