Why do people care if Britney has more success in music when she has already had so much?

sarahbbyy

My biggest concern with Britney is tarnishing her legacy rather than her NOT continuing on this road to success recording artist. I care about her having great music without caring if she has extensive radio play like younger artists. I care about her having respect from the general public and people admiring what she has built while listening to her new music with more pride than her old that just gave her the hits.

Because Britney's label would release her albums worldwide in the beginning of her career, she did not have too many number one hits back in the day anyway. She had some of the greatest sales in album terms and is still the highest selling female musician in the 2000s decade. Beyonce only has 4 number one hits while Rihanna has had 11. Does that mean Rihanna is better? 

I love how Madonna for example has had so much long term success but I don't want Britney to be like her. I wanted her to make music that fans enjoy rather than looking like she is trying to keep up with the younger crowd and trying to gather hits, which is what she is starting to look like right now. 

Realistically, (as much as fans LOVE Circus, Femme Fatale, Britney Jean, and Glory), those albums would and should not have happened if Britney were to not have gone through a breakdown and put under conservatorship. She would have released a more personal album for her 6th and just tried to continue investing in other projects outside of music.

She would have done musicals like she said she wanted to do or maybe acting. Maybe, she would have done X-Factor then or even American Idol and turned over to focus on helping younger artists get success like she did. 

Then, she would have continued to have released albums in some years at a time with more artistic growth and she would have HUGE tours, without any number one hits or much care in either releasing albums consistently or having high sales at all. 

I don't think her releasing albums would have mattered as much if we did not think people looked down at Britney.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The music business is a business. She needs to be successful as a pop star.

Also, this post is funny since this is the same site that still calls Christina "Floptina" and talk about how Beyonce hasn't had a hit in years and now there's a post saying that Britney doesn't need to be successful. :outwithit:

Its not that she has to be no.1 all the time but its tragic that she isn't successful on the charts when her peers are. I mean maybe Britney is happy with that? But I don't see why she can't have chart success without the overexposure she had at the beginning of her career. 

Although its to be expected when she promotes pom rather than Glory & doesn't really talk much about her music other than it being "cool:outwithit: "

I don't care how much she sells or how high her songs chart. But staying relevant and being admired for what she does is something I think any artist should look forward to, no matter how much success they have already achieved. She's been living off her past achievements/fame/name and that is dull and sad. Where is her passion? Her image has become so cheap nobody takes her seriously as an artist. After her breakdown nobody gives her too much **** but it's not like everyone is going crazy about her. To most of the general public and most of her fans "she's just ok." I get she is content with living a happy (and alienated) life with her kids, just don't think that's enough for a worldwide pop superstar. Again, she's not just some random indie act nobody knows. She's Britney freaking Spears. :lemmetellu:

4 minutes ago, Britneyisfire said:

Also, this post is funny since this is the same site that still calls Christina "Floptina" and talk about how Beyonce hasn't had a hit in years and now there's a post saying that Britney doesn't need to be successful. :outwithit:

Fans of Britney are pressed that Beyonce is a more popular and respected artist than Britney nowadays. I don't get what the issue is with Beyonce she hasn't done anything to deserve the hate she gets. 

8 hours ago, Shadow. said:

Its not that she has to be no.1 all the time but its tragic that she isn't successful on the charts when her peers are. I mean maybe Britney is happy with that? But I don't see why she can't have chart success without the overexposure she had at the beginning of her career. 

Although its to be expected when she promotes pom rather than Glory & doesn't really talk much about her music other than it being "cool:outwithit: "

I think whatever she does after Vegas is going to be key for her career. Promoting Piece of Me instead of focusing on her current stuff has damaged her artistry a lot. But she still did pretty good back in 2011 with Femme Fatale so I still have hope that, with her renewed confidence and interest in making music, she can come out big time with b10. I guess we're gonna have to wait and see:lostney:

28 minutes ago, Britneyisfire said:

I am an individual; I don't represent the site considering I am just a member and speaking only for myself in this particular matter. 

Beyonce has not had a hit because her albums and her artistic growth has become more important, which is what I said in my post that it is what Britney needed to focus on after the release of Blackout instead of releasing every single one of the albums released after. 

Also success as a popstar does not mean she has to have the best sales or have the highest charting singles. Her peers have large tours without hearing them on the radio often and are still considered top notch artist in the industry without trying to compete with Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez.

Christina is a different situation though. Fans have no right to judge her but Beyonce has not had a hit yet she is still relevant. Christina stopped being relevant way too long ago. Britney has succeeded miles above her. I mean, Christina has more Grammy's but I don't see that award show as a joke anyways. I even said I think Christina had a way better attitude with her career in the beginning when she would always stick up for herself and write music that mattered to her. Britney could learn a lot from both of them.

2 minutes ago, sarahbbyy said:

I am an individual; I don't represent the site considering I am just a member and speaking only for myself in this particular matter. 

Beyonce has not had a hit because her albums and her artistic growth has become more important, which is what I said in my post that it is what Britney needed to focus on after the release of Blackout instead of releasing every single one of the albums released after. 

Beyonce has not had a hit yet she is still relevant. 

Beyonce has sold more albums with Beyonce/Lemonade than Britney has with BJ/Glory. She is still a chart success

1 minute ago, Shadow. said:

Beyonce has sold more albums with Beyonce/Lemonade than Britney has with BJ/Glory. She is still a chart success

Yeah but that is because she is still a relevant artist. Britney is not anymore. Lemonade is Beyonce's 6th album too. With Circus, Britney was very much on top of her game sales wise. It's not like her peers who are more successful have had as many albums as her or have sold as much as her. You would think that would be enough because at the end of the day, I think that as long as she kept up her reputation, her sales would not matter as much. That is the core issue that she is not doing what she can to be on top of her game as a performer and an artist. We all know that Britney does not sell much anyway the better the quality of her album are. 

Just now, sarahbbyy said:

Yeah but that is because she is still a relevant artist. Britney is not anymore. Lemonade is Beyonce's 6th album too. With Circus, Britney was very much on top of her game sales wise. It's not like her peers who are more successful have had as many albums as her or have sold as much as her. You would think that would be enough because at the end of the day, I think that as long as she kept up her reputation, her sales would not matter as much. That is the core issue that she is not doing what she can to be on top of her game as a performer and an artist. We all know that Britney does not sell much anyway the better the quality of her album are. 

I was pointing it out because you said she wasn't a chart success. I would much rather her album flop and it was good quality than it become a worldwide success and it was basic af, but I don't think the number of albums an artist has should mean they don't sell well, Beyonce has been in the business as long as Britney has albeit she wasn't solo and she is still relevant. The fact is exactly what you said though she isn't attempting to be relevant or improve her artistry and people are bored of her act and honestly I don't blame them

Yes I would rather Britney release albums on the same level as In the Zone or Blackout and that she gives good performances than have commercial success but those 2 things actually go hand in hand. If Britney was still invested in her career and working hard like she used to, she would still be relevant like her peers, Beyoncé and JT.

They are just  newer fans that would love to live through the britney experience.  I'm 24 but didn't get to follow britney during the BOMT/oops era or in the zone.   I would watch her from time to time in 07.  But didn't start stanning until the femme fatale era in 2011.  

36 minutes ago, Curiousexhaler86 said:

I don't care how much she sells or how high her songs chart. But staying relevant and being admired for what she does is something I think any artist should look forward to, no matter how much success they have already achieved. She's been living off her past achievements/fame/name and that is dull and sad. Where is her passion? Her image has become so cheap nobody takes her seriously as an artist. After her breakdown nobody gives her too much **** but it's not like everyone is going crazy about her. To most of the general public and most of her fans "she's just ok." I get she is content with living a happy (and alienated) life with her kids, just don't think that's enough for a worldwide pop superstar. Again, she's not just some random indie act nobody knows. She's Britney freaking Spears. :lemmetellu:

Yeah but I even said in my post that her reputation is bad and that is not the way that should be. Lots of artists after having as much success as Britney at least stop until their 6th to 7th album to evaluate how they could grow their artistry into something deeper than just achieving album sales which is the main focus for someone who is starting out so they can continue having success when they have more creative freedom. 

Fans are constantly praising Femme Fatale and Circus but in my opinion, those albums should not have happened. She went backwards from Blackout by making music she did not even like because she had no power anymore after her father and Larry took back over.

She should have been focusing on creating a reputation of a legend. She should have been writing for younger artists, doing collaborations for their albums, and just been creating her own label or management company while trying to help other artists achieve success like a lot of people with Britney's success have done.

The album Britney Jean definitely killed her out of the lineup for radio play because Femme Fatale should have given her a lot more. However, because that flopped and they started to focus on Vegas, now everything she does is having that same kind of success. It also does not help that she has not maintained a solid reputation as an epic stage performer with her limited dancing skills now but to me, sales are the least of her problems.

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You

Unfortunately she has given up on her career and if she wanted success she would do what she did during the ITZ era or more recently the Circus era.

She is clearly happy the way it is, which is sad because she's not stable, she's declining. I think FF era should have happened a year later, she needed it. I'd love to be able to ask Larry what the hell is going on.

Archived