Icons! Britney’s Python And Madonna’s “Like A Virgin” Wedding Dress Star In MTV’s New VMA Advert

Jordan Miller

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's cute how Britney's 2001 and 2003's VMA performances are the last ever iconic VMA performances and they keep re-using them for promo year after year... Shows you Britney is the last artist who had actual impact on society (Gags came close after but failed in a short period of time).

Let's be real, Britney truly is the epitome of the VMA's. It's kind of crazy how she made this award show so important and big over the last 20 years....they ar still using her imagery to promote the show even if she isn't attending. She should feel flattered and other music artists should recognize Britney's star power.

im actually wondering if she will be nominated for her 2 singles from Glory? I know the album is done( which is sad because it was one of her best albums)... I truly believe that Slumber party video should get some sort of nomination( best pop song or even video of the year).

I don't feel like Britney's performance last year was even bad, it's not up to par with her old iconic  performances but you guys have to remember...during the whole Glory album cycle, she was juggling promotion for glory with her Vegas residency and that's why her performances weren't as iconic and used so much recycled choreo. I think what we all want is Britney to start creating amazing performances with great choreography like she use to and that's NEVER going to happen while she has a Vegas residency. It just won't work out with time and logistics...simply put when she has a Vegas residency, she will never have the proper amount of time to create extremely fresh performances.

lastly, we can't keep expecting Britney to do all these "anniversary performances"...I'm all for something big next year to celebrate her 20 yrs/10th album but anything besides that means that we are trying to keep her in the past. She's so young and doesn't need to keep living off of her old hits. She's a creative artist and needs to produce new amazing performance that align with new music.

After last year's tragedy, I kinda don't care. Does MTV hate Britney that much or does Britney just not care? They put her to perform after Beyonce (who's performace was amazing) and I think people just forgot that Britney even performed. But it was also Britney and her team's fault for last year's tragedy. It was her moment to bring another iconic performance and shut everything down but instead we got a performance with almost no production, two dancers, cheap looking outfit and a duet with an unknown artist... I am criticizing, not because I am a hater, BUT BECAUSE I WANT HER TO BE THE BEST! And don't give me the bullshit that she has been through a lot, that she is happy and that is all that matters, because you know that is so delusional. Yes, she has been through a lot and I applaud her for that but her meltdown happened 10 years ago!!! We have been with her all along and we deserve to be blown away every once in a while.... I am not here for mediocre stuff and not giving a **** about your fans. It seems that all that matters to her and her team is to squeez as much money as possible from people who have been supporting her all these years... I mean God, she won't even interract with her fans during a Meet&Greet, and feels uncomfortable when they ask to hung her! Well, those people are the reason you are where you are! I swear to God, I sometimes get soo pissed when I think about all the mediocrity that we have to go through..... peace out!

On 7/21/2017 at 1:42 AM, Dynasty said:

considering they wont let britney shine and ignore her completely they sure like using her achievements for promo and increasing ratings :ipass: 

Absolutely true. They should put there Gaga's meat dress or any Beyonce costume or whatever and let's see if people remembers or even recognize it. Always using Britney for promo and then let other artist have exposure

Archived