What was the real issue between LaChapelle and Team B?

25 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

Well, u should ask one of her dancers, he may talk :whitney:

giphy.gif

28 minutes ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

Ding ding ding! There was even a blind item revealed about it. When he told everyone about their hookup she threw a fit apparently and didn't want anything to do with the video. She should just make her hookups sign a NDA tbh. 

they could have just edited him out of the video :girlwhat:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all seriousness though the video didn't make sense. It had no plot despite the scenes that were going on. Her other videos like Toxic and Womanizer show alot of skin but have a plot so it's more okay. This was just more explicit in general. The team probably didn't like it so they just threw together a meta video and combined the album shoot with it. It was obviously supposed to be a fun, light hearted video. Clearly Exhale didn't get the memo that it was supposed to be fun

1 hour ago, NotAPassenger said:

I'm honestly so sick of this topic and the boring speculations behind it :mattafact:

She didn't like some of it so she scrapped it? Maybe 

It leaked so RCA scrapped it? Maybe 

Something happened legally so it could never see the light of day? Maybe 

It was just **** and everyone realises it so they got rid of it? Maybe 

Point is, we'll never know. :mattafact:tbh the one we got wasn't great, but it was perfectly serviceable and you all do the absolute most over it :mattafact:

No, the one we got was absolute trite, rebecca black reject vid. I don't know one britney fan that has watched it more than once or twice, it was totally unacceptable for a Britney lead video and her fans have absolutely the right to be pressed about it for the rest of all time :lemmetellu:

16 minutes ago, notacamwhore said:

No, the one we got was absolute trite, rebecca black reject vid. I don't know one britney fan that has watched it more than once or twice, it was totally unacceptable for a Britney lead video and her fans have absolutely the right to be pressed about it for the rest of all time :lemmetellu:

I'm a fan and I've watched it a few times. She looks breathtaking in it. It's boring, it's uneventful, it's a little trite, the dancers being her besties are annoying but it's really not worth all the drama and fuss that came from it. 

Neither video are suitable for the song. Most fans are only pressed because they saw what else it could have been and only hate it out of spite. 

30 minutes ago, December02 said:

In all seriousness though the video didn't make sense. It had no plot despite the scenes that were going on. Her other videos like Toxic and Womanizer show alot of skin but have a plot so it's more okay. This was just more explicit in general. The team probably didn't like it so they just threw together a meta video and combined the album shoot with it. It was obviously supposed to be a fun, light hearted video. Clearly Exhale didn't get the memo that it was supposed to be fun

You didn't see anything else other than the choreo scenes with the dancers, and a few short snippets of other scenes.

I'm tired of the excuses defending Team Britney saying a freaking LACHAPELLE video didn't make sense. His stuff ALWAYS makes sense and has meaning in it. Y'all are acting like we saw everything that was shot.

15 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

You didn't see anything else other than the choreo scenes with the dancers, and a few short snippets of other scenes.

I'm tired of the excuses defending Team Britney saying a freaking LACHAPELLE video didn't make sense. His stuff ALWAYS makes sense and has meaning in it. Y'all are acting like we saw everything that was shot.

We saw fully edited clips of the intro, home scene with the pool, her naked in a cage, and a *** scene with G Eazy. The only thing missing that we know of is the bulldozer scene with the long dress. I really don't think there could be a connection between all of those scenes

1 minute ago, December02 said:

We saw fully edited clips of the intro, home scene with the pool, her naked in a cage, and a *** scene with G Eazy. The only thing missing that we know of is the bulldozer scene with the long dress. I really don't think there could be a connection between all of those scenes

We didn't see a fully edited clip of anything, that was all rough footage. There was a timestamp on some clips, not to mention it even had the clapperboard out of focus in the first shot.

We don't know how much stuff was filmed for each look / location and to say it didn't make "sense" based on some vague clips is ridiculous. David LaChapelle is one of the best contemporary visual artists and his projects always have something to say, a plot or message. His video for Everytime made sense so why would Make Me not make sense?

3 minutes ago, toysoldier88 said:

As if hiam or work ***** made any sense.... but they're praised! The lachapelle video was just the perfect match for the song, no matter the meaning behind it.... :lemmetellu:

HIAM gets a lot of undeserved hate and the WB video suited the song, the MM video looked like a mess aside from the choreo scenes. Like the guy being electrocuted in water, the tiger/cheetah (idk what it was), her grinding on top of a tractor, the trashy cage scenes or that cringey '*** scene'. It didn't even look cohesive never mind it relating to the song. I'm glad it was scrapped, a mess from start to finish.

2 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

HIAM gets a lot of undeserved hate and the WB video suited the song, the MM video looked like a mess aside from the choreo scenes. Like the guy being electrocuted in water, the tiger/cheetah (idk what it was), her grinding on top of a tractor, the trashy cage scenes or that cringey '*** scene'. It didn't even look cohesive never mind it relating to the song. I'm glad it was scrapped, a mess from start to finish.

I could point out the trashy hiam or wb scenes in the same way, nonetheless they all are solid videos, you are just finding ways to discredit mm video because in truth you are mad it didn't happen. I'm not even mad that they scrapped it, i just find unacceptable that mess they released instead:gross:

4 hours ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

People claim Britney was doing things against her will. In the meaning that she disliked some scenes but David lade her do them anyway.

tbh I think it's crap. I think RCA wanted a new video cause the vid of Make Me started to leak ahead of its video premiere, that makes more sense why they went for a cheap lookig extended photoshoot rather than a hot vid. 

I mean she snapchatted a pic of her and G eazy in the original MM clothes and she looked happy....I don't believe a single thing she disliked the original vid.

Yeah I don't believe it either, I mean her team was with her on the shoot. There are multiple planning meetings and treatments that go into making a video so Britney could have spoken up at any time if that were true. And we know from WB that she demands certain scenes to be taken out if she wasn't into them.

Larry said that the video just didn't make sense and he was right. I don't see that being a huge problem but I guess they just weren't feeling the final product. The only weird thing is that there's a video of Britney yelling on set. She sounds pissed. Sounds like she's saying "I don't like it" and then "*******, idiot"

4 hours ago, OopsOverprotected said:

I don't believe this either. 

I really wanna know what they were arguing about. Brit's videos have always been ****. But even if the video got leaked.. so what? 
Sometimes TV show finale's leak and they don't re-shoot them. I don't get the point. 

It apparently had problems with product placements, that's all. To make it short and simple, the advertisers were not pleased with how they used the products in the MV (orange theory and EOS) and they wanted the scenes to be edited/removed but Lachapelle didn't want to change anything, they didn't find an agreement so in result they couldnt do anything else than just scrap it.

See strangely Slumber Party has absolutely 0 product placement so i believe this story is the real thing. It's what makes most sense too, because Britney not happy with it is total BS, she posted pictures and in the BTS video she was happy. And rca scrapping it because it leaked is BS too, you dont scrap millions of dollars just because it leaks

11 minutes ago, toysoldier88 said:

I could point out the trashy hiam or wb scenes in the same way, nonetheless they all are solid videos, you are just finding ways to discredit mm video because in truth you are mad it didn't happen. I'm not even mad that they scrapped it, i just find unacceptable that mess they released instead:gross:

I'm not mad they scrapped it :hahaha: you don't see me posting ANOTHER make me thread or commenting that it should be praised more than work ***** or hiam :whitney: like I said i'm glad they scrapped it, but tell me what trashy scenes were in hiam? And if anything wb was raunchy not trashy :whitney:

Anything that happened proved that her team don't know how to do a damage control. It annoys me so much - OK, they scrapped the video, but make a good one, a better one. Good videos can be shot in a couple of days, simple and not that overproduced. Make Me was a great song, but that deccission ruined whole era and Ya can tell that Britney wasn't satisfied either so she kinda went away from glory tbh.

Each and every step in glory era can be an example of how do not represent your client and ruin everything. I hope that her next album would be good, more crazy and she will be more focused on THAT DAMN ALBUM FFS. 

nicki_comb.gif

Archived