its REALLY sad that GLORY flopped :(

Dynasty

The album was doomed before it was announced anyway.

1. Missed BBMA promo opportunity

2. Make Me Cringe video fiasco. Things could had been handled so much better to prevent all those backlash.

3. Snore feast VMA

4. Promos were focused on Vegas, not Glory

5. Long gap between second single. The era was a huge flop to begin with, second and third singles should be released ASAP to spark some hype. But yeah Team B.:uknowit:

6. 0 televised promo for second single.

7. Useless promos with those "festival shows". No one paid attention to them outside the concert go-er.

Pretty sums up all the obvious reasons of why Glory flopped. No one should be surprised at all.:ponderney:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Santiago said:

I really like the fact that this album was more experimental than Britney Jean and Femme Fatale.

I think it's very similar to Circus in terms of exploring new sounds, more mid-tempos, but with weaker singles.

Agreed that's why I'm expecting B10 to be FF dance style but with Glory vocals and writing to bring the dance trend back. 

4 minutes ago, WootsWow said:

2. Make Me Cringe video fiasco. Things could had been handled so much better to prevent all those backlash.

3. Snore feast VMA

5. Long gap between second single. The era was a huge flop to begin with, second and third singles should be released ASAP to spark some hype. But yeah Team B.:uknowit:

7. Useless promos with those "festival shows". No one paid attention to them outside the concert go-er.

Pretty sums up all the obvious reasons of why Glory flopped. No one should be surprised at all.:ponderney:

Well said. She can do festivals but the radio still won't play her stuff due to several factors. Pop girls in general are struggling on the Hot 100 so Britney just needs to bring A level music, promotion, visuals, and performances to the table. She can go back to setting trends and stop losing momentum. BBMA should've been the premiere of Make Me or at least an announcement with the original video. Ideally that would've happened and she could release the album at a better date with a Vegas bundle and a good VMA performance with Rihanna as the feature for Slumber Party/video premiere of SP OR CYM Ft. Shakira. They can do better. 

1 hour ago, Shadow. said:

Its sad you accept her tragic sales when her peers who have been in the industry just as long as her are pushing 600k :angietea: britney could sell that amount if she wanted but she doesn't care, and op needs to realise that its no one's fault but britney's that the gp didn't care or even know about the album

Would she though..... very few people care enough about her nor respect her as an artist. She couldn't sell that even if she cared though. Her sales have been declining ever since Oops. Which isn't a problem it's fine, it's how it is. But if people are stanning Britney because they think she's got the capability to be a chart force then they're wrong and need that reality check. 

Would I like her to be? Obviously I'd love her to be exposed to the general public but you and I both know Britney Spears in 2017 is not that girl. 

Glory may have performed poorly on the charts, but musically the album will live on forever. This album is freaking incredible. Every time I listen to Love Me Down, Better, Hard to Forget Ya... all of the songs really, I just become more in love with it. If Britney cared enough to promote this album properly, it probably would've sold more. I think it goes deeper than that though. The GP wants to see Britney look like she enjoys being a performer still. They want to hear her sing live. Is that really too much to ask for? I would love to hear her singing live, with background singers and a full band like the older days.

Once Britney starts caring, putting that effort in - she might get the praise that she deserves. We praise her. We love her. But nowadays that's not enough to keep her going - well, not enough to make and keep her albums at the top of the charts. 

35 minutes ago, NotAPassenger said:

Would she though..... very few people care enough about her nor respect her as an artist. She couldn't sell that even if she cared though. Her sales have been declining ever since Oops. Which isn't a problem it's fine, it's how it is. But if people are stanning Britney because they think she's got the capability to be a chart force then they're wrong and need that reality check. 

Would I like her to be? Obviously I'd love her to be exposed to the general public but you and I both know Britney Spears in 2017 is not that girl. 

I agree with you that Britney needs to gain the respect of the GP to ever become more commercially successful and its all to do with Britney putting the effort in to in a way re brand herself. Her act is tired and the only way she is gonna get the respect from the GP is if she is innovative with her music and displays a more mature image. She can't act like she's 20 forever. The lip syncing is another thing that discredits her aswell, I know people will say she's done it for years but with the performances she puts on its no excuse. You really think Britney couldn't gain chart success and the respect from the GP if she didn't try? I don't think a person needs a reality check for thinking Britney could be successful if she worked for it

1 hour ago, WootsWow said:

3. Snore feast VMA

Make me moved up 1 spot to #2 on itunes after her performance on the VMA

1 hour ago, Shadow. said:

I agree with you that Britney needs to gain the respect of the GP to ever become more commercially successful and its all to do with Britney putting the effort in to in a way re brand herself. Her act is tired and the only way she is gonna get the respect from the GP is if she is innovative with her music and displays a more mature image. She can't act like she's 20 forever. The lip syncing is another thing that discredits her aswell, I know people will say she's done it for years but with the performances she puts on its no excuse. You really think Britney couldn't gain chart success and the respect from the GP if she didn't try? I don't think a person needs a reality check for thinking Britney could be successful if she worked for it

But what is chart success these days? Make Me charting at #17 is really good for a female star currently. Kesha's Praying coming in at #25 was the highest female debut in what? 5 months?. She can get the respect from the GP by changing her image, she can change the quality of her output (though obviously that's personal taste for each individual etc etc etc) but she'll never have that zeitgeist grabbing, all consuming success again. Even if she changed her image like we want I doubt an album would clear much more than they already do. It's incredibly hard to shake 20 years worth of stigma, especially as a woman going into her late thirties. Some of the disappointment comes from comparing her to her former glories, and nothing but constant disappointment can come from that.

She's had her peak, she's had her domination. Now she should focus on artistry rather than chart because focusing on the charts and the numbers is just futile for Britney Spears in 2017. Be annoyed with her artistry, that's fine because that's something that can feasibly change but holding onto numbers and chart glories and being disappointed by such things just feels so... bland. 

5 minutes ago, NotAPassenger said:

But what is chart success these days? Make Me charting at #17 is really good for a female star currently. Kesha's Praying coming in at #25 was the highest female debut in what? 5 months?. She can get the respect from the GP by changing her image, she can change the quality of her output (though obviously that's personal taste for each individual etc etc etc) but she'll never have that zeitgeist grabbing, all consuming success again. Even if she changed her image like we want I doubt an album would clear much more than they already do. It's incredibly hard to shake 20 years worth of stigma, especially as a woman going into her late thirties. Some of the disappointment comes from comparing her to her former glories, and nothing but constant disappointment can come from that.

She's had her peak, she's had her domination. Now she should focus on artsitry rather than "chart because focusing on the charts and the numbers is just futile for Britney Spears in 2017. Be annoyed with her artsitry, that's fine because that's something can feasibly change but holding onto numbers and chart glories and being disappointed by such things just feels so... bland. 

PREACH:flawlessbye:

4 hours ago, Dynasty said:

I mean its really really sad to me, its one of her best albums. Every song is a story for itself, and every song is amazing (yes even private show and what you need), every song has a different direction and her voice sounds different in all of the songs, she experimented, played with her vocals, and she genuinely sounds happy, you can hear her it in her voice, thats why I love Glory so much. The album itself is genius, the opening track is perfect, literally Britney inviting us into her own world, and then so wisely closing it with coupure electrique as shoutout to her best album.

Im very happy she gave us Glory after everything she's been through, but im very sad that GP didnt get to hear her talent and her genius :( hoping B10 will be even better than glory (if possible) and that GP will actually hear it and be aware of it :mhm: 

P.S. the cover of the album may be a screenshot but nevertheless she looks amazing in it :mhm:
Image result for glory britney spears

Post shirtless pics. :lessons: 

And yes, it is sad. But Lazyney gets no sympathy from me. She could've easily promoted it instead of doing POM at all those award shows.

1 hour ago, NotAPassenger said:

She's had her peak, she's had her domination. Now she should focus on artistry rather than chart because focusing on the charts and the numbers is just futile for Britney Spears in 2017. Be annoyed with her artistry, that's fine because that's something that can feasibly change but holding onto numbers and chart glories and being disappointed by such things just feels so... bland. 

Of course I think quality over quantity is more important but for me personally I don't doubt her ability to regain chart success especially when her peers who have been in the game for just as long as Britney, are pulling in big numbers, im talking albums here though not singles. 

I'd much rather Britney released an album on the level of ITZ and it flopped than release another Glory just for the sake of following trends. You do have a point about the stigma associated with Britney but that's nobodies fault but her own. Like I said if she really wanted she could work at proving people wrong and showing them her capabilities.

Honestly if she stopped relying on her past achievements for success then maybe people would stop comparing the past & the present. The likes of Beyonce & JT are continuing to have success because although they acknowledge their achievements, they are still passionate about their careers' and are continuing to deliver something new & interesting, something I don't think Britney has done for a long time regardless of how much she says Glory is her 'baby' or how much she claims to love performing. Her actions speak a lot louder than words.

7 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

Of course I think quality over quantity is more important but for me personally I don't doubt her ability to regain chart success especially when her peers who have been in the game for just as long as Britney, are pulling in big numbers, im talking albums here though not singles. 

I'd much rather Britney released an album on the level of ITZ and it flopped than release another Glory just for the sake of following trends. You do have a point about the stigma associated with Britney but that's nobodies fault but her own. Like I said if she really wanted she could work at proving people wrong and showing them her capabilities.

Honestly if she stopped relying on her past achievements for success then maybe people would stop comparing the past & the present. The likes of Beyonce & JT are continuing to have success because although they acknowledge their achievements, they are still passionate about their careers' and are continuing to deliver something new & interesting, something I don't think Britney has done for a long time regardless of how much she says Glory is her 'baby' or how much she claims to love performing. Her actions speak a lot louder than words.

Justin Timeberlake has not released anything remotely interesting or new

He's still does well commercially but not interesting or really bringing anything new

Just now, Cappycorn87 said:

Justin Tomeberlake has not released anything remotely interesting or new

He's still does well commercially but not interesting or really bringing anything new

*Timberlake :smokney2:

And that's your opinion but I disagree, 20/20 experience was more interesting than Glory.

Archived