Verbally attacked for listening to Britney :(

esslovesbrit

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry to hear that happened to you OP. Obviously these men idiots have no life if they're just going to follow you around and then mock you for the music you choose to listen to and also use homophobic slurs. Whilst it is true that loads of Britney's fans are gay men that doesn't mean that her music is EXCLUSIVELY for that demographic, I'm a straight female and I've been a fan for years, and it is pretty annoying how people seem to stereotype certain female popstars as being 'gay music' or whatever. Music is music, it's meant to be loved by anybody, not just a particular demographic. Just keep doing you, keep playing Britney out loud as long as it makes you happy, don't let haters get to you! Haters gonna hate anyway ;) also if something like that happens again and someone harasses you or tries and does something to your car you should tell the police and bring them to justice :mattafact:

9 hours ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

That was disgusting of them. As someone else said, none of the p*ssys would have been so brave had they been alone.

Regarding the looks, I think we all get them, in school I always got weird looks from people whenever I listened to one of her songs, people wouldn't start fights with me or anything cause they knew that I wasn't one to mess with/gay but they always seemed shocked... I remember during the first week when I moved into my school, someone asked 'Why are you looking up articles about Britney Spears?' with a confused face, that's when I started noticing that people were against Britney.

This isn't the case for ALL female pop singers, it depends, people in my school think it's cool listening to Katy Perry but the situation is different if we're talking about Britney/Gaga. I stopped listening to her in front of other people, not because any of them scared me lol, but because it's kind of embarassing. Britney could change that but we all know how the situation is atm. I mean Beyonce lately has been becoming cooler, until 2013 she wasn't cool but I'm starting to notice some changes in that, BECAUSE she works her *** off.

No in my school it's still "weird" if a guy listens to Katy or Bey. I hate how people think that guys can't listen to female pop music. Like Britney and Gaga make better music than most of the artists that people think are "ok" for guys to listen too. Not gonna lie tho when I am listening to female pop music in school, I turn it on real low so people don't look at me. I wish I had the guts to be like I am a straight guy and listen to Britney. ANYONE CAN LISTEN TO ANY TYPE OF MUSIC.

I know what you mean. I havent had an experience anywhere near as crazy as you have. But I have a decent amount of britney on my playlists, and when im out with friends, they get weirded out when a song of hers comes on so I change it.

But one time when my sister was picking me up from a party, she had work ***** on her playlist and it came on in the car. My friends also played Toxic and Gimme More for a while.

Moral of the story dont let those ******** get to you. What they did was harrassment and not ok. There are a lot of Britney fans out there still, dont be afraid to listen to whatever you like. The people who really care about you will accept it, and the random people who give weird looks on the streets dont matter.

11 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

No in my school it's still "weird" if a guy listens to Katy or Bey. I hate how people think that guys can't listen to female pop music. Like Britney and Gaga make better music than most of the artists that people think are "ok" for guys to listen too. Not gonna lie tho when I am listening to female pop music in school, I turn it on real low so people don't look at me. I wish I had the guts to be like I am a straight guy and listen to Britney. ANYONE CAN LISTEN TO ANY TYPE OF MUSIC.

I think a lot of straight guys still listen to female popstars. More of a guilty pleasure thing though

Reminds me of the **** I got in high school for listening to Circus. 

Everyone here says it best: **** the haters and don't let ANYONE intimidate you or tell you what you should or shouldn't listen to. 

It's 2017 and hoes like that are on the way out. This is their dying breath :foh:

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You
14 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Yeah regarding Beyonce it's not cool but it's now as shocking as if it was Britney or Gaga or Madonna. For some reason if okay for ppl in my school to like Katy... I wished it was Britney, not Katy:lemmetellu:

But the new trend in my school is black rap and only that.

3 minutes ago, SONAR said:

Reminds me of the **** I got in high school for listening to Circus. 

Everyone here says it best: **** the haters and don't let ANYONE intimidate you or tell you what you should or shouldn't listen to. 

It's 2017 and hoes like that are on the way out. This is their dying breath :foh:

How was it? She was mostly cool during the Circus Era, I'm shocked... 

4 minutes ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

Yeah regarding Beyonce it's not cool but it's now as shocking as if it was Britney or Gaga or Madonna. For some reason if okay for ppl in my school to like Katy... I wished it was Britney, not Katy:lemmetellu:

Same here.. I am so scared when people ask what's my favorite type of music because I feel like they will make fun of me. My biggest fear is if a girl won't date just because I listen Britney. :tiffsniffle:

3 minutes ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

How was it? She was mostly cool during the Circus Era, I'm shocked... 

It was such a mess sis lol. It wasn't even about her relevance. It was just about her music being "gay." 

Got called a ^@**$% once while walking down a hallway, and had people whisper (audibly and around me) about how liking Britney is gay.

I am/was gay but it was pretty hurtful, especially in high school. Kids are just mean that way I guess. 

36 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Same here.. I am so scared when people ask what's my favorite type of music because I feel like they will make fun of me. My biggest fear is if a girl won't date just because I listen Britney. :tiffsniffle:

I had my ex girlfriend making fun of my for liking Britney:dead:

Gladly, nowaydays she respects Brit and she herself says that after Madonna dies, the Queen Of Pop will be Britney, she can be considered the gp, she's a directioner btw.

Just now, Edge Of Leaving said:

I had my ex girlfriend making fun of my for liking Britney:dead:

Gladly, nowaydays she respects Brit and she herself says that after Madonna dies, the Queen Of Pop will be Britney, she can be considered the gp, she's a directioner btw.

How was the relationship? How did you tell her you listen to Britney? 

34 minutes ago, SONAR said:

It was such a mess sis lol. It wasn't even about her relevance. It was just about her music being "gay." 

Got called a ^@**$% once while walking down a hallway, and had people whisper (audibly and around me) about how liking Britney is gay.

I am/was gay but it was pretty hurtful, especially in high school. Kids are just mean that way I guess. 

Feel sorry about that, it's pretty sad that they felt the need to bully you, but that was because you had something that they didn't. Trust me, bullying only happens when people feel like they're below. Plus I'm sure karma hit back on them. 

5 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

How was the relationship? How did you tell her you listen to Britney? 

She always knew that I listened to Britney cause we were close since a young age. She actually made fun of me after we broke up which was like 2 years ago. But we were pretty cool when we were together, we wouldn't really talk about music. But when we broke up we did have a few Britney VS One Direction arguments which I'm pretty ashamed of and I'm sure she is too.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Just an fyi, it's generally looked down upon for blasting any kind of music in your car to where others can hear it (which is why I usually turn down my music at stoplights), but that doesn't justify them being so hateful in anyway. Unfortunately, pop music from female pop stars, is seen as feminine and looked down upon by the traditional values of what masculinity is supposed to be. Things like this are partially why I'm not really open about being a huge fan of Britney, why I kinda cover my phone from people seeing her artwork showing on my lock screen when I listen to her, and why I don't really go on Exhale or read Britney articles in public. 

2 minutes ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

She always knew that I listened to Britney cause we were close since a young age. She actually made fun of me after we broke up which was like 2 years ago. But we were pretty cool when we were together, we wouldn't really talk about music. But when we broke up we did have a few Britney VS One Direction arguments which I'm pretty ashamed of and I'm sure she is too.

Britney outsold so it doesn't matter :quirkney: that's cool I hope my girlfriend doesn't think it's weird when I blast Piece of Me in the car. :carpoolney:

4 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Britney outsold so it doesn't matter :quirkney: that's cool I hope my girlfriend doesn't think it's weird when I blast Piece of Me in the car. :carpoolney:

Put Toxic on and she'll go crazy. I just out the classics on whenever I'm with this girl and she loves it. We're still friends.

Archived