Britney's attention to detail

Fudgeney

While ill admit that her energy and passion lacked in the early days of pom 

you can see the details that the choreographers put into the routines which Britney no longer does 

instead she improv's with her usual knee bend, hand over head, and chest pumps

its obvious that she doesn't rehearse these songs anymore and forgot the little moves that make the performance a bit more interesting

I know POM choreo isn't very good but if she had the energy she does now and the attention to detail she used to have her performances would be much better:donewithit:

but hopefully were gonna get a new show in a year or 2!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

Her old outfits made more sense...how is that even possible? :calculating:

Was thinking the same, and I hated them then. But now they're not lookin so bad, epssically the fedora, fedora for matm = sense made. Crop tops on Britney Spears = sense made.  

Where is the sense now :calculating: 

britney's style of dancing has changed a lot on 4 years tbh.  You can clearly see back then was more "stiff" maybe? I mean she didn't get out of the line, the dancing was like "this is how it is and how must be", if she forgot a move, she just stayed there... (like a robot tbh).  Now she sometimes improvises, a little bit of random armography there, some hairflip here, knee bending, streching the arms, and so on, but it's better in my opinion, the show seems less dreadful 

It's laziness, instead of rehearsing to make the moves sharp she will half *** and drop certain moves which make the choreo look even worse. There is no excuse she's getting paid millions and can't even be bothered to put any effort in. If someone did that in an office they would be fired :girlwhat:

IMO it's clear to see she has got worse overall since the start of POM. Yes her energy wasn't the best then, but it wasn't awful either, and she still did as you say, she little movements, she was more technical, she put more effort into getting it right, it flowed better and she wore better clothes.

Now she has tics coming out of her ears, hair touching for example. She misses some of the choreo, she walks or skips a lot, she's obviusly got rid of a lot of the content that people appreciated.  She's taken for granted that the show is a success and so she doesn't need to try as hard. Back then there was no way of knowing whether the show would sell, so she had to put the effort in.

My thoughts on how this has happened? She is probably surrounded by people who will always tell her she 'killed it'  no matter what, so back then when she actually was completing the moves it encouraged her and wasn't such a big deal to hear constant praise, but as the show got successful, she was STILL being told she was doing amazing no matter how half assed it was, the money has continued to build and so she's had no good reason to improve.

And it keeps coming down to the same reason overall: Laziness.

I've noticed she always does that when she tours or performs the same show for too long. Many performances from the Circus tour and the FFT look different if you watch videos from the opening night at the last dates. You know, while her energy and attitude improve the actual dance moves are not done as precisely and fluid.

Are we really praising 2013 POM over now? this forum gets more and more ridiculous as each day goes by.

2013 was barely a step up from Femme Fatale. She still looked just as awkward as she did. She danced a little bit more, but the costumes were unflattering and cheap, they kinda fit theme, but that doesn't make them flattering or good (keep in mind, the costumes we actually saw, were after Britney turned down loads of them that). We had the wigs that didn't help her dancing, but when she ditched them....she wasn't much better. For the most part, it was Britney being carried around by dancers. 

Yeah, four years later POM is a mess, but the Revamp was incredible in comparision. POM is a stale show, that never fully worked, and lacked personality or a sense of Britney from the get go, but lets not get delusional and say it was better in 2013.

17 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Are we really praising 2013 POM over now? this forum gets more and more ridiculous as each day goes by.

2013 was barely a step up from Femme Fatale. She still looked just as awkward as she did. She danced a little bit more, but the costumes were unflattering and cheap, they kinda fit theme, but that doesn't make them flattering or good (keep in mind, the costumes we actually saw, were after Britney turned down loads of them that). We had the wigs that didn't help her dancing, but when she ditched them....she wasn't much better. For the most part, it was Britney being carried around by dancers. 

Yeah, four years later POM is a mess, but the Revamp was incredible in comparision. POM is a stale show, that never fully worked, and lacked personality or a sense of Britney from the get go, but lets not get delusional and say it was better in 2013.

I know what you mean - at the time when POM started I remember thinking how terrible it was, how she didn't look like herself and how her dancing wasn't on point and how her energy was flat. I guess it's how things go with time, a stupid example but I look back on photos of myself 4 years ago and think I looked alright actually! But at the time I thought I was fat/ugly/a mess etc. It's relative to where you are now in life.

So for SOME fans, looking back compared to what we have now, POM does indeed seem better back then.

28 minutes ago, Silhouette said:

I've noticed she always does that when she tours or performs the same show for too long. Many performances from the Circus tour and the FFT look different if you watch videos from the opening night at the last dates. You know, while her energy and attitude improve the actual dance moves are not done as precisely and fluid.

I think she gets bored tbh and towards the end of a tour or POM she's just going through the motions. I think for her future tours and residencies they should revamp the show more often! Like with how long the residency has been she should by this point be doing 90% different songs than when it started.....like when Glory was released they should've added the majority of it to the show with a few hits sprinkled in!  

36 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I think she gets bored tbh and towards the end of a tour or POM she's just going through the motions. I think for her future tours and residencies they should revamp the show more often! Like with how long the residency has been she should by this point be doing 90% different songs than when it started.....like when Glory was released they should've added the majority of it to the show with a few hits sprinkled in!  

That would be amazing for a fan but for the GP, nobody would want to see that

The original choreographers had a lot of awkward dances but I must say, they were able to make consistant relevant choreo. Like, the WB segment was robotic, the tree segment was very tribal influenced, etc. charm doesn't do any of that :mj:

4 minutes ago, ovoxo said:

The original choreographers had a lot of awkward dances but I must say, they were able to make consistant relevant choreo. Like, the WB segment was robotic, the tree segment was very tribal influenced, etc. charm doesn't do any of that :mj:

Charm's choreo style is very amateur to me. And doesn't fit in any part of the show. 

Archived