Grammy Win

ShowdownITZ

39 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Just hate the whole event and the process, it’s kind of snobbish. And they ignore young talent a lot.

Oh, and in 1992 Smells Like Teen Spirit lost to Eric Clapton’s unplugged rerelease of “Layla”. It lost to a 20 year old song.  Tragic.

@MissSpearsSaysSo You upvoted my first post but downvoted this one. That was a mistake I assume? I usually don’t get petty about downvotes but they were similar posts, haha :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Yeah they do snub young talent, I find it crazy how Queen and Bob Marley don't have Grammys but Beyoncé has 22 :beynah: The only award show I always watch is the VMAs and that's because of the performances but even that has been stale. People just don't bring it like they used to. :nochillbrit:

22!? Are you serious? Jeez

8 hours ago, MANDIXMX said:

Is there like a video of her winning it and them saying she couldn't be there or it was never televised? 

It was never televised, because the category she won in "Best Dance Recording" is - and definitely back then, was -  a relatively small category that they just announced at the bottom of the screen or sthn like that...

Is there like a video of her winning it and them saying she couldn't be there or it was never televised? 

It was never televised, because the category she won in "Best Dance Recording" is - and definitely back then, was -  a relatively small category that they just announced at the bottom of the screen or sthn like that...

9 hours ago, Curiousexhaler86 said:

-Oh yeah I was surprised because Toxic was one of my first songs ever, so that was really cool, yeah! I felt so honoured to be a part of that. But it was kinda like a huge deal you know, it was scary! I wouldn't do something like that nowadays.

Something she would probably say now. :beyfedup:

630356.gif

Why do I vaguely recall something about it being in Lynne's bathroom in her Louisiana home. 

Still I don't think it's been acknowledged much. It's a shame, she's been seriously snubbed by them for years. Baby should have won best debut and Glory should have got the Best Pop Vocal Performance nom. Hey ho maybe if she changes her entire artistry and starts to write more and sing more she might get another. 

5 hours ago, Shadow. said:

Grammys are based on popularity not talent nowadays. Music award shows aren't fair towards artists that ACTUALLY deserve the awards. There is no way Drake deserves as many awards while artists like Lana are paid dust :cigney:

Are you a Lana stan? I liked Lust for Life (song) when I heard and downloaded it. I really want to listen to her albums. She seems like a great artist.

7 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Are you a Lana stan? I liked Lust for Life (song) when I heard and downloaded it. I really want to listen to her albums. She seems like a great artist.

Lust for Life is amazing you should check it out, all her albums are amazing tbh aside from Honeymoon its good but its not her best imo. She is one of the few artists from today that im geuninely interested in (other than Britney obviously)

8 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

Lust for Life is amazing you should check it out, all her albums are amazing tbh aside from Honeymoon its good but its not her best imo. She is one of the few artists from today that im geuninely interested in (other than Britney obviously)

I love her voice, it's melodic. I will check her out. :cutesybrit:

Archived