The 75 Moments That Defined the Decade in Music (So Far)

Prince Ali

January 29, 2011: Britney Spears' "Hold It Against Me" debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100

Britney Spears' Femme Fatale lead single, helmed by the early-'10s dream team of Max Martin, Dr. Luke, and Bonnie McKee, immediately returned the pop legend to the top of the charts with her first release of the new decade. But the success of "Hold It Against Me" would have implications well beyond the artists involved: The song was one of the first major hits to employ a dubstep breakdown, establishing the largely underground EDM phenomenon within the pop mainstream. Soon, smashes by Justin Bieber, Flo Rida and JAY-Z and Kanye West would drop down the rabbit hole after Britney. -- A.U.

Queen!! :thetea:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7873025/75-best-music-moments-decade-10s

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Britneyfan1334 said:

Did she really? I know she brought more artists to Vegas and brought younger crowds. Legend of saving economies :cooltshirt:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2017/06/21/britney-spears-vegas-residency-is-ending-and-its-leaving-behind-an-incredible-legacy/#2b7602d75827

Vegas is back on the map for younger travelers in a way it never would have been before Britney showed up, and while she may leave, the city has reentered the American consciousness in an incredibly valuable way. She may depart and the show may soon be over, but no other pop star can claim to have left the same mark on Sin City as she has, and that’s worth much more than any amount of ticket sales.

:queenflopga:

Archived