Britney at the 2004 vmas?

Iexpectyouto

Toxic not winning anything was bull, mtv deciding to kiss *** and give it to beyonce was even more bull... Clearly Britney was confirmed to perform and she would have given them another iconic performance that year and they were unhappy with her canceling and cancelled her winnings imo, I know they did her wrong in the previous years not awarding her any moonmen but Toxic was female video of the year plain and simple. :NYsassy: screw the vma's 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Barajas said:

that would explain why she lost for Toxic as best female video to Beyonce with Naugthy Girl... 

That doesn't even make sense lol. Even though I'm not huge into Beyoncé, I like naughty girl, but honestly toxic is the epitome of a pop video. Even though people were really anti Britney back then, surely they understood how massive that video was. 

OMG I didn't know this. I'm so sad, this would've changed so much. And it makes sense to perform Boom Boom, I think it definitely would've been a single after Outrageous.

She performed it on TRL, ABC Special, her label even put the song in White Chicks. It was definitely meant to be the 5th single off In The Zone tenor.gif

That means we would've gotten another music video tenor.gif

I wonder how many more singles they wanted to release from In The Zone tenor.gif

12 minutes ago, DMVofficial said:

OMG I didn't know this. I'm so sad, this would've changed so much. And it makes sense to perform Boom Boom, I think it definitely would've been a single after Outrageous.

She performed it on TRL, ABC Special, her label even put the song in White Chicks. It was definitely meant to be the 5th single off In The Zone tenor.gif

I wonder how many more singles they wanted to release from In The Zone tenor.gif

i wanna use that gif too so let me quote u

tenor.gif

3 hours ago, popprison said:

No Brit and it honestly was one of the most boring VMAs in history. Also, toxic won nothing..not even best pop video, best female video, let alone best video of the year. Lol

I always say this but it was strange that Britney was the only female nominated for the video of the year, but lost best female video how was that even possible? I would think if Beyoncé video was indeed better than Britney video she should had got nomination for video of the year, when that I was done with MTV 

2 hours ago, Rickey3089 said:

I always say this but it was strange that Britney was the only female nominated for the video of the year, but lost best female video how was that even possible? I would think if Beyoncé video was indeed better than Britney video she should had got nomination for video of the year, when that I was done with MTV 

Exactly. Of course Naughty Girl peaked higher on the Hot 100 (#3 or #4 I believe) and it had a hot video with an Usher cameo who was the top artist that year in general but Toxic was ground breaking and way better in hindsight. Also a much bigger hit world wide. Beyonce got it because she showed up (?) --then some people said she got it because it was a bigger song in the US. With that logic, It's my Life by No Doubt which won best pop video should have lost to Toxic which peaked at #9 in the US. 

Either way, it's just a trophy. We all know which videos made more of an impact.

7 hours ago, popprison said:

No Brit and it honestly was one of the most boring VMAs in history. Also, toxic won nothing..not even best pop video, best female video, let alone best video of the year. Lol

That's only because she did not attend

Had she attend, she would have won

6 hours ago, Rickey3089 said:

This .

Mtv always played Britney like this and some weirdos here and there still want her to perform at the mtv vma

just cancel mtv forever brit

3 hours ago, popprison said:

Exactly. Of course Naughty Girl peaked higher on the Hot 100 (#3 or #4 I believe) and it had a hot video with an Usher cameo who was the top artist that year in general but Toxic was ground breaking and way better in hindsight. Also a much bigger hit world wide. Beyonce got it because she showed up (?) --then some people said she got it because it was a bigger song in the US. With that logic, It's my Life by No Doubt which won best pop video should have lost to Toxic which peaked at #9 in the US. 

Either way, it's just a trophy. We all know which videos made more of an impact.

:surething: wasn't Toxic still a bigger hit in the US than Naughty Girl? Like no one remembers that song.

12 hours ago, InTheZone4U said:

Toxic not winning anything was bull, mtv deciding to kiss *** and give it to beyonce was even more bull... Clearly Britney was confirmed to perform and she would have given them another iconic performance that year and they were unhappy with her canceling and cancelled her winnings imo, I know they did her wrong in the previous years not awarding her any moonmen but Toxic was female video of the year plain and simple. :NYsassy: screw the vma's 

i have to admit that Toxic not winning anything during the 2004 VMAs was one of the most unforgivable crimes they ever did to Britney. even the Grammys recognized the song with an award. :wyd: Naughty Girl is a decent video but that isn't anywhere near the level of Toxic's aesthetic (and cultural impact afterwards). :whitneyshade:

15 hours ago, DMVofficial said:

Boom Boom was meant to be the second single which is why mot early performances were Boom Boom, and MATM. Britney really wanted Toxic though and she pushed through releasing it even if her label wanted something more urban as the second single.

8 hours ago, Britneyfan1334 said:

:surething: wasn't Toxic still a bigger hit in the US than Naughty Girl? Like no one remembers that song.

2004 was a big year for rock and hip-hop and r&b artists and Beyonce comes under that. Not to mention she did very well with her singles that era (Her first solo album). Naughty Girl just had more airplay spins or whatever...must have because it peaked higher. But yes, TOxic ends up being a classic in the long run and it peaked higher (#1 in most cases like in the UK and Asian countries) in the rest of the world compared to Naughty Girl. 

I will never understand the love Boom Boom has gotten. I would release Outrageous, Touch of my hand, Breathe on Me and Showdown before that song.

To me it doesn't even fit In The Zone whole theme. Like, her team and her would have been like: We have created this album, but then urban/hip hop is so popular so let's try to do something alike it. I mean, outrageous was a nice mixture of Brit classic sound with urban. Boom Boom was just corny. :ehum:

Archived