Honestly the thing i love the most about GODNEY

Guest T0UCH0FMYHAND
22 minutes ago, Itachi said:

the conversation was dragged into 3 pages (not her, learn the difference) because she kept on telling us repeatedly how that word is not insulting in her language, even mentioning a history of its meaning and usage and giving some synonyms. and we also kept on explaining how it is offensive to our understanding.

telling her to widen her english vocabulary and being culturally sensitive isn't dragging her, but rather, educating her, so that the next time she would know how to choose her words in a conversation. that's lowkey bullying for you? :whitney::sofedup:

you say it isn't okay to call people "********"? explain then why you upvote her 1st post:

:girlwhat:

She only told you that the word wasn't insulting in her language over and over again to explain herself because you wouldn't stop acting like she did that on purpose. 

How was she supposed to know that it was culturally insensitive to use that word in English language? I didn't know either and that's why I've upvoted her first post because I genuinely thought that she meant to say that men are stupid and she actually did as she tried to explain to you.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

Because I have a different opinion on Britney Spears, I am dumb ? :girlwhat:

What the **** does britney have to do with this? :shadelaugh: you really are stupid as ****, im talking about you trying to justify your use of the word ****** & being ****** about guys :whitney: also your replies in the thread the other day said enough about your level of intelligence :tiffcackle:

19 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

She literally admitted that she knew the word was used for disabled people at some point in her country. I don’t care if they only used it that way until the 60s, she knew it once had that meaning and shouldn’t use it as a synonym for stupid :tiffcackle:

Exactly, its an offensive word in the english speaking language and the fact she knew at one point it was an offensive word in her language then decided to use it in an english speaking forum while being ****** tells me enough about her 'limited vocabulary'. Also if she didn't know alot of english how come she's using a word which is offensive? I call bullshit on that one :tiffcackle:

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
10 minutes ago, Itachi said:

:wyd: no, not offensive on purpose. you're being stubborn. because despite the fact that 2 people have been telling on you, you still insisted on your own understanding of the word. at some point you even contradict yourself because you admitted you knew about its offensive definition

******** never had an offensive definition :wyd: It's a basic insult that people used in the wrong way :wyd:

Dumb or Idiot were also used that way a long time ago (even more), and of course I would not expect you to call disabled people like that in 2017 :wyd: 

Well I thought the same for ******** :wyd:

15 minutes ago, T0UCH0FMYHAND said:

She only told you that the word wasn't insulting in her language over and over again to explain herself because you wouldn't stop acting like she did that on purpose. 

How was she supposed to know that it was culturally insensitive to use that word in English language? I didn't know either and that's why I've upvoted her first post because I genuinely thought that she meant to say that men are stupid and she actually did as she tried to explain to you.

you're literally repeating what she already posted. so here's your response.

20 minutes ago, Itachi said:

:wyd: no, not offensive on purpose. you're being stubborn. because despite the fact that 2 people have been telling on you, you still insisted on your own understanding of the word. at some point you even contradict yourself because you admitted you knew about its offensive definition

you still upvoted it despite our reactions that are literally below his post. :wyd:

4 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

******** never had an offensive definition :wyd: It's a basic insult that people used in the wrong way :wyd:

Dumb or Idiot were also used that way a long time ago (even more), and of course I would not expect you to call disabled people like that in 2017 :wyd: 

:nyheadache:

i believe you now @Shadow.

6 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

******** is offensive in the english language so you're wrong once again :whitney: dumb and idiot aren't offensive and not on the same level as ********. Those are insulting words, not offensive :whitney: you thought wrong once again :whitney:

2 minutes ago, Itachi said:

:nyheadache:

i believe you now @Shadow.

Yeah tell me about it, try communicating for over 6 hours :shadelaugh: although it was funny as **** :shadelaugh:

7 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

Exactly, its an offensive word in the english speaking language and the fact she knew at one point it was an offensive word in her language then decided to use it in an english speaking forum while being ****** tells me enough about her 'limited vocabulary'. Also if she didn't know alot of english how come she's using a word which is offensive? I call bullshit on that one :tiffcackle:

My first post was a joke :whitney: 

It's been 50 years since ******** has not been used for disabled people, how should I know that you still use it that way ? :whitney:

And it's a transparent word that we all understand even without knowing English at all :whitney:

13 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

******** is offensive in the english language so you're wrong once again :whitney: dumb and idiot aren't offensive and not on the same level as ********. Those are insulting words, not offensive :whitney: you thought wrong once again :whitney:

I didn't know, It's an insult here, and I wasn't offensive on purpose so move on :whitney:

Guest T0UCH0FMYHAND
Just now, Itachi said:

you're literally repeating what she already posted. so here's your response.

you still upvoted it despite our reactions that are literally below his post. :wyd:

Yeah when she posted that I was still writing my reply. Sorry for that. 

What's so wrong about her insisting on her understanding of the word? Like should she stop using it in her own culture even though it's not an offensive thing to say there? She also acknowledged that she's now aware of the offensive meaning in your culture and I'm sure she won't use that word on here again. 

I've upvoted her post before I read everything that came below and I did not change it because she started to explain that she didn't have any bad intentions as soon as she realised the meaning of the word in English. Why should I "punish" her for that by downvoting her post? Why would you do that? 

Oh and also thanks for downvoting all my posts even in topics that have nothing to do with this discussion. That surely is the mature thing to do. But go ahead, I think it's kind of funny. :kisses:

Just now, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

It's been 50 years since ******** has not been used for disabled people, how should I know that you still use it that way ? :whitney:

And it's a transparent word that we all understand even without knowing English at all :whitney:

you can cut the **** sweetie I saw your post admitting that you knew it was an offensive word regardless of whether or not it was used 50 years ago or a million years ago in your language, why do you think its ok to use an offensive word? Also you think being ****** & offensive is funny? :whitney:

1 minute ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

I didn't know, It's an insult here, and I wasn't offensive on purpose so move on :whitney:

But you did :whitney:

5 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

Yeah tell me about it, try communicating for over 6 hours :shadelaugh: although it was funny as **** :shadelaugh:

it's been only about 3 hours and i felt totally drained already. :nydisgust:

2 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

where do you get receipts though on what period of time it was used to define this and that :jlostare:

27 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

also your replies in the thread the other day said enough about your level of intelligence :tiffcackle:

And you really thought I was being serious :girlwhat: 

33 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

Do you have troubles to understand ? :girlwhat: That's why this freakin thread has 3 pages

You all won't understand that '********' was never the name of a condition like in your country :whitney:

It was an insult and a synonym of stupid, then it was used for the condition, like most insults that have the same meaning :whitney:

They won't understand something as plain and simple as that, they're doing it on purpose just bc they can't admit they are wrong. :sofedup:

Guest T0UCH0FMYHAND
Just now, Margaery said:

They won't understand something as plain and simple as that, they're doing it on purpose just bc they can't admit they are wrong. :sofedup:

I think so too. 

Archived