I'm done with britney spears

Brat

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean I get it if you're not satisfied with Britney lately but how can you (I cant) just STOP loving something like that and delete it from your life. I don't listen to Britney as much as I listened 10 years ago (i'm 26 now) (also i'm gay cause apparently that's relevant also :tiffcackle:), but I don't just GIVE UP COMPLETELY lol.

Also so bad of you and most of this forum expecting her to do things amazingly when she's been doing this her whole life and expecting Primeney all the fukcing time like vultures. I literally cant even do armney choreography let alone those things every night in vegas and she's 10 years older than me.

In the end, I love her music and as a human being and I can never completely give up on that, an inspiration for my whole life. :flawlessbye:

Spoiler

Also apparently I have 6 more years on this forum :weusay:

Guest $elfish
8 hours ago, trav said:

No **** theres breaks between albums shes been boring for the past 5 years

the tour was literally POM, the same show shes been doing the past 4 years

:nocomprende:

Femme fatale era wasn't boring , broccoli juice was a bad era but it wasn't boring and neither was the glory era and we got a tour I don't give a **** if it was Pom or not at least we got a tour

you should be glad you aren't stanning people like Taylor swift who are completely off the radar

• Super Mods
30 minutes ago, camerasareflashin' said:

Idk why people can just enjoy the music when it's released and continue with their lives in between, like, this is not a job that needs you to be up 24/7 :staysalty:

Honestly that's why I am not here having meltdowns left and right and not caring about the charts, I work, I catch up on my shows, I hang with friends, I eat, I sleep, I go on my phone, I mean there are times I hardly even think of Britney and only time to time. I don't get how these people can have a life and then track her every move...I can't do it and I'm nearing 30. I'm pretty sure most of the complainers are young people because as an adult, there's so much responsibilities and other **** going on in your life that the last thing I'm thinking about is Britney. Or does it only apply to me? 

Hmm. I dont think you can just choose to not be a fan anymore. I think you gradually become less interested and I can't imagine if you are not interested anymore that you'll bother to post this. But I can understand being frustrated and/or annoyed and therefor needing to do this. 

I guess I get what you are saying about the gay thing? I for example care much about treating animals well as they are living beings just like you and me, Britney sometimes wears fur and hasnt done anything really for other species besides her own. But I am a fan of Britney THE IDOL, not the human being. I don't know her. And I also think she's far from what she used to be and it's shamefull how she performs now. Its cringeworthy and just sad. But her music is still top notch and thats what its about to me. And all the old stuff that i lovelovelove from her is still available to watch 24/7. THATS Britney spears. So idk. I will always be a fan. Goodye!

some respect for his thoughts. gosh, this site is full of dumbs. can't you see how he trying to love britney again but he can't. everybody has own different opinions and we have to respect that. britney's time is over. and i made a thread about britney becoming to nostalgia act about a week ago. i have same opinions with you. we'll always love her but now, her music and her performances are so tragic. you're 32. find your love and be happy. 

I know there are many reasons why people would stop stanning for Britney, but I don't understand yours. What do you want her to do for gay men? she has shown that she's an ally, but what exactly do you want her to do for us? There are plenty of queer artists you can support. We can represent ourselves, we don't need pop divas for that. 

And you know what? If you, a full grown *** man, feel the need to make an announcement in a forum about "being done with Britney Spears", you're probably making the right decision.  Lol. 

I mean I'm older now too, I'm 29 and while I certainly don't have as much time to devote to Britney I would never/could never give her up.......she'll always till the end of time be my favorite artist.......I just won't be able to always catch everything she does, which is why I'm not super upset that she's slowed things down at this stage of her career!

2 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Honestly that's why I am not here having meltdowns left and right and not caring about the charts, I work, I catch up on my shows, I hang with friends, I eat, I sleep, I go on my phone, I mean there are times I hardly even think of Britney and only time to time. I don't get how these people can have a life and then track her every move...I can't do it and I'm nearing 30. I'm pretty sure most of the complainers are young people because as an adult, there's so much responsibilities and other **** going on in your life that the last thing I'm thinking about is Britney. Or does it only apply to me? 

Amen to this! 

• Content Curators

As if the fans gave her enough back in 2007.

Britney clearly doesn't like to be on the top, or even be famous anymore sometimes. But she will always be a famous legend now. 

Obviously we all grew. Some grew out of her, and some like me will still love her not only for her old performance level, but also the amount of strength she has shown and inspired throughout the years. She's definitely grown since 2007 and started to realise her children and her happiness are the main goals in life.

• Super Mods
7 hours ago, Invitation said:

As if the fans gave her enough back in 2007.

Britney clearly doesn't like to be on the top, or even be famous anymore sometimes. But she will always be a famous legend now. 

Obviously we all grew. Some grew out of her, and some like me will still love her not only for her old performance level, but also the amount of strength she has shown and inspired throughout the years. She's definitely grown since 2007 and started to realise her children and her happiness are the main goals in life.

Exactly, and seeing as Chester and Robin decided to end their lives due to depression, why is it so wrong for Britney to put herself before others? I mean these people perform for us with a smile on their face only to find out behind close doors they are actually sad inside. I do not want that for Britney even if it means she is on top and back to her prime days. She deserve a happy life.

Britney should invest more time into us because most of the fans are gay? I don't get why artists have to cater to a gay audience. It's really fickle in my opinion tbh. It's like this with most niche groups, but if you cater to gays and then do or say anything that doesn't perfectly fall in line, you get the boot. Take, for instance, Katy Perry. In the matter of a month, the gay internet turned on her. Is it because they're gay? No, it's because the demographic seems to like tea, shade, and drama, and is willing to ruin someone to get it. Britney can give Work ***** to her gay fans but I don't think she's obligated to do things she clearly doesn't want to do (i.e. spend less time with her kids) because some fans want her to give them more. 

14 hours ago, nels64 said:

Amen to your amen! I'm tired of being called a "britard" for being fine with most of what she does. It's funny it's like the people who hate her are the ones who are actually more invested? Get a life y'all! I'm 24 almost and like I know I'm a bit younger than you but even at this stage...like I don't have time to have meltdowns over whether a Britney Spears single went #1. It's just so trivial. 

Yeah I mean I could honestly care less about charts at my age because in the grand scheme of things it's not that important and the charts are a huge joke now anyways! To me what's more important now is the quality of the music!

Guest StrawberryKisses

It's not like your demographic  is hers to begin with :tiffcackle:

I'm sure she makes music to satisfy 30+ year old gay men obsessed with comparing her to her past self :tiffcackle:

You're free to criticize her but she doesn't owe you anything.  It's our problem that we obsess over her and place her on a pedestal that she has spoken out on being uncomfortable with, not hers.

Archived