“Hold It Against Me” Video Director Shares Behind-The-Scenes Picture Of Him And Britney

Jordan Miller

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

ok, she wasn't going to be all smiles in the video, I get it, but that doesn't explain the dead eyes

britney-spears-hold-it-against-me-video_

britney-spears-hold-it-against-me-3.jpg

02bd90b6-1ec1-40c7-86eb-f9762cd54129.jpg

I mean, Everytime and Criminal may have sad moods too, but she doesn't look bad or dead

tumblr_lteeriiUft1qg95ipo1_500.giftumblr_inline_n54h3tmRuJ1rj2kaz.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

Her face in HIAM is too CGI'd. It makes her look robotic.

18 hours ago, IUSAtonight said:

She looks less Ffney and more Circusney in that pic :urite:

I'd like him to do another video with her but less of a mess 

that "mess" was everything she needed, the concept was perfect, it finally let her express her feelings and show us her real side, which is rare ,the music industry usually supervise on those stuff and it's not taken for granted to to do such video, I wish they would go back to work together to serve some more dark and deep meaningful videos......

6 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

ok, she wasn't going to be all smiles in the video, I get it, but that doesn't explain the dead eyes

britney-spears-hold-it-against-me-video_

britney-spears-hold-it-against-me-3.jpg

02bd90b6-1ec1-40c7-86eb-f9762cd54129.jpg

I mean, Everytime and Criminal may have sad moods too, but she doesn't look bad or dead

tumblr_lteeriiUft1qg95ipo1_500.giftumblr_inline_n54h3tmRuJ1rj2kaz.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

That "dead eyes" thing is something that y'all took and ran with. The mv was about her breakdown, her career, her battle and was actually quite dark and twisted... Still remains one of my fav music videos. I honestly think the whole "absent" thing worked perfectly with this music video. I believe she got into character for it, remember this was Britney's response to the Gaga hysteria at that time. The behind the scenes pic shows how happy and "alert" she was. I truly believe this was just a character she was playing.

On 11/07/2017 at 4:34 AM, breatheheavy said:
britney-hold-it-against-me-bts-pic.jpg

A peek behind the curtain.

The Femme Fatale era is one of Britney's most elusive. Maybe even more so than Blackout because her life was less exposed, yet there was still something eerily mysterious about it.

When the pop princess filmed a music video for "Hold It Against Me," it was an Internet spectacle. It employed a strategic rollout that materialized into one of her most underrated visuals to date.

Why does paint jet from her fingers? What's with the wedding dress? Is she trapped by her past? And da fuq with the Joker smile? There are fan theories for all of it, but amidst the hazy conspiracy theories is a gem shared by director Jonas Åkerlund. It's a behind-the-scenes photo of him and Britney in between takes, a joyous reminder that behind the ferocious pop persona is a woman with a heart of gold and a million dollar smile.

Wow it's look so amazing and super 

2 hours ago, Livin4art said:

that "mess" was everything she needed, the concept was perfect, it finally let her express her feelings and show us her real side, which is rare ,the music industry usually supervise on those stuff and it's not taken for granted to to do such video, I wish they would go back to work together to serve some more dark and deep meaningful videos......

It is a big mess. With the insane edits, the constant product placement, the dancing/choreo, the bad photoshop. I also doupt that many people besides fans got the concept. From Britney's part I didn't see any personality. The Britney vs Britney scene was cool but that was it. He had a nice vision but the execution was poor. 

4 hours ago, Mayenaise said:

That "dead eyes" thing is something that y'all took and ran with. The mv was about her breakdown, her career, her battle and was actually quite dark and twisted... Still remains one of my fav music videos. I honestly think the whole "absent" thing worked perfectly with this music video. I believe she got into character for it, remember this was Britney's response to the Gaga hysteria at that time. The behind the scenes pic shows how happy and "alert" she was. I truly believe this was just a character she was playing.

So I guess she kept the character for TTWE too :whitney:

hqdefault.jpg

Britney-Spears-Till-The-World-Ends-video

Britney+Spears+-+Till+The+World+Ends+(1)

We know thanks to I am the Femme Fatale how miserable she was filming TTWE, because of the whole environment, and she was unable to hide it from the camera, her discomfort is very noticeable throughout the whole video. So it wasn't that hard to imagine that she was as "happy" when she shot HIAM, that's why it's so surprising to see this behind the scenes pic. The dead eyes were present in most of her appearances at the beginning of the era, it wasn't something just from the videos.

wenn3272371.jpg

Britney+Spears+Britney+Spears+Performing

By the time she shot IWG, she started to look more alive, and it wasn't until Criminal that she finally looked normal again.

Archived