I need HELP educating some friends about Godney

BreatheMe

28 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

Show them 2 things :lemmetellu:

For the record (That documentary is crazy, they'll easily understand why she had a breakdown)

Stages, (So they can see how famous she was, &  super professional despite her young age)

These two are a MOST. Thank you :kiss:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Do you want to show off the hits, or show off her artistry/vocals?

Hits Playlist:

1. Baby
  2. Crazy
  3. Oops
  4. Stronger
  5. Slave
  6. Overprotected
  7. Boys
  8. MATM
  9. Toxic
  10. Everytime
  11. Gimme More
  12. Womanizer
  13. Circus
  14. 3
  15. HIAM
  16. TTWE
  17. IWG
  18. S&S
  19. WB
  20. MM
  21. SP

Vocals/Artistry Playlist:

1. From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart
  2. Where Are You Now
  3. Luv The Hurt Away
  4. Everytime
  5. Shadow
  6. Everyday
  7. Out From Under
  8. Just Luv Me
  9. I'm Not A Girl
  10. I'll Never Stop Loving You
  11. Take Off
  12. Someday (I Will Understand)
  13. Strangest Love
  14. State Of Grace
  15. All That She Wants (solo version)
  16. Little Me
  17. You Got It All
  18. Alien
  19. Mood Ring
  20. Hold On Tight
  21. Brightest Morning Star

Excellent, thank you so much :brit: i Can see why you put every song on each category, slay:hipney:

Please before anything, don't be a freaky fan obsessed with Britney. One of my best friends is obsessed with Game of thrones and he has been talking about it to the point where I ******* hate that tv serie even when I haven't even watched. :donewithit:

Just be careful. If you spam them with endless Britney talks they will end up hating her. 

58 minutes ago, DMVofficial said:

I would start at the ITZ era. Everything before then is very cheesy. The only exceptions would be her '00 and '01 VMA performances. You definitely need to show them the '03 VMA's and just explain the magnitude of the performance. It'd be like if Selena and Miley kissed Britney on stage today, but also mention how the LGBTQA+ community was so underrepresented in the early 00's so this was such an iconic moment and a sign of the times. 

Also emphasize how YOUNG she was when she started her career. She was only 21 when she kissed Madonna. For comparison, Ariana Grande is 24 and Taylor Swift is 27 and they've yet to have anything nearly as iconic. 

Yes, her impact in every aspect  is the thing i want them to know the most :lemmetellu: 

Other girls could never...

57 minutes ago, Chris343 said:

I would be seething if I heard someone say that... or I would laugh...who knowsAlso Wikipedia states Britney is known as 'princess of pop and 'queen of pop' (but that's Madonna) Selena is NOWHERE AND SHOOK

Selena wishes. And believe me, im just :byebitch:

7 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

Please before anything, don't be a freaky fan obsessed with Britney. One of my best friends is obsessed with Game of thrones and he has been talking about it to the point where I ******* hate that tv serie even when I haven't even watched. :donewithit:

Just be careful. If you spam them with endless Britney talks they will end up hating her. 

I know what you mean, i have been very careful actually, because its a thing that happends to me a lot too.

Its the kind of thing that happened to me with Taylor Swift tbh, i just cant with her and her buzz. I enjoy her music, and i respect her artistry. But damn:grimace: her last era was so annoying to me. :meltdown:

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

How can they know Madonna but not Britney Spears? Your friends just sound biased. :outwithit: I wouldn't even bother honestly when Baby's music video alone is a bigger cultural milestone than anything in Selena Gomez's career. :mattafact:

Your friend don't need to stan Britney, they need a pop culture lesson.

Well, in general, they only "know her" by the media reports and stuff they heard over the years. And i want to change that perspective. Of course they know the baby's music video, oops, vmas performances and some other iconic facts, but what they know from 2006-2007-2008 is just the media talking.

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

LOL someone once tried to argue she was the innovator in  "**** midtempos". :shadelaugh:

Have they never heard In the Zone or ANY Janet Jackson song? :tiffcackle:

See? that's just WRONG wtf :tiffcackle: so that's why im making a bible to all these basic sinners:outwithit:

33 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

Well, if you're educating them about "Godney," it should be exceedingly simple (provided they actually believe in a man-made book of laws and fairytales which exists solely for purposes of an effective illustration confirming that people were just as shitty ~3,000 years ago as they are currently). 

But point being, if they'll believe in stories about a woman being turned into a pillar of salt, or tales of a man camping out in the belly of a whale for a long, three-day weekend, then surely they won't dispute any Britney facts (or hell, even delusional fan fiction) that you pepper in that sacred book. 

Example: On the first day, Britney created reptiles, then danced with the very first snake in existence and said "that was cool."

On the second day, Britney created the solar system and then danced around on Mars, whilst breaking the heart of a highly gullible astronaut (who statistically should be far too intelligent to be misled in such a manner).  Britney also said this was "cool." 

Etc, etc. Bible is well past due for an upgrade anyway; I mean, even iPhones get updates like every three months. 

@fucknfurter. Let's work on the Bible 2.0 together. 

Screaming at Britney creating reptiles :mattafact: QUEEN:blol:

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You
1 hour ago, danny1994 said:

Make a playlist of her best performances 1998-2004.

Then pretend she retired and forget anything past 2007 happened.

No one will become a stan for someone who has retired, we'd all unstan... at least i think i would:nicki2:

57 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Please tell me the original video is also about Britney. :hahaha: 

Unfortunately no, it's about Patti Labelle's pies  (she has a pie business I guess?) People were emailing Jasmine about how her pies are awful, so she's sticking up for her whilst saying that her emails are for bookings only etc.... it's really weird 

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You
1 hour ago, DMVofficial said:

Selena really is this generation's Britney though. Disney act, dated Justin, turned *** kitten

:umomg:

:wtfdidusay: She really ain't, she's not a huge star, no iconic music videos/performances, everything about her is on a way lower magnitude. Apart that she was more famous as an ACTRESS, JB is nowhere nor will ever be near JT and everyone is a *** kitten nowadays, like Britney? Of course not.

Archived