Which of the Glory tracks would be a potential hit?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Edge Of Clockin' You
2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Love Me Down only with a super hot video, but Just Luv Me :notatall: it would've been worse than Slumber Party

Just Luv Me is literally what Justin Bieber and Selena are releasing. It would've been huge. 

2 hours ago, Rico. said:

I love Clumslay

also I think Love me down could be a hit, or Liar with an epic video it's very old school bad assney

I totally agree, if Love me down had been released around May/June and with a tropical vibe video (in the style of DLMBTLTK, just Britney with wavy beach hair, minimal makeup and couple of bikinis), I am sure it would have been a hit.

Or Liar, with loads of promotional performances with amazing dancing and a stripped down acoustic performance would have captured her old school fans.

Ah if only!

13 hours ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

Just Luv Me is literally what Justin Bieber and Selena are releasing. It would've been huge. 

They could release whatever they want right now, and it would do great because they're what's hot right now, not because that's the kind of music everybody is expecting from all the other artists. The last thing people is expecting from Britney is to make an attempt to sound like Selena Gomez.

Britney will only be successful once more, when she starts to release Britney kind of songs again, because that's what works for her.

Change Your Mind, Better, Hard To Forget Ya, If I'm Dancing and Liar could all have a chance to smash for another club hit. :yaknow: 

If she wanted to go mid-tempo or ballad for the third song in a row (WHY?!), Just Luv Me, Just Like Me, Mood Ring and Coupure Electrique and Man On The Moon all have MASSIVE potential. :mattafact:

But she needs to destroy any trace of DYWCO. :smokney2: 

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

They could release whatever they want right now, and it would do great because they're what's hot right now, not because that's the kind of music everybody is expecting from all the other artists. The last thing people is expecting from Britney is to make an attempt to sound like Selena Gomez.

Britney will only be successful once more, when she starts to release Britney kind of songs again, because that's what works for her.

I'm sure it's easier for them atm to make hits, but releasing what's hot right now helps a lot. And the gp would've loved it. Do you think Work ***** would have even entered the Top 50 a few years ago? Never, she released an edm song which is what was hot back in 2013 and we got a 'hit'.

Honestly... none of them. I love Glory and I think it's one of her best albums, but I remember when it first came out there was a review that said "A great album with no hits in sight." That was very accurate. MM was the best choice as the first single and it only reached #17. I don't think there were other songs that could have been hits tbh. 

20 hours ago, CrAzAY said:

Idk, cause slumber party is one of the songs I would think would have hit and it didn't.

Idk, were none of the songs epic enough? Like the lead needs to be epic to get everyone's attention and then the other singles can stand on their own. I think we lacked an epic first single this time. Think about all her lead singles, everyone one of them are ridiculously good songs. I don't think make me campares and therefore didn't create enough buzz for the rest of the album.

make me is a good song but I get you....its not a britney lead single material....

Better

1 hour ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

I'm sure it's easier for them atm to make hits, but releasing what's hot right now helps a lot. And the gp would've loved it. Do you think Work ***** would have even entered the Top 50 a few years ago? Never, she released an edm song which is what was hot back in 2013 and we got a 'hit'.

but it was an uptempo, funnier, stronger song, which is more resembling of the classic Britney hit formula. I mean, it didn't come up out of nowhere, she had released FF and S&S before, so she wasn't totally disconnected from that style, although I recognize WB is different.

JLM in the other hand is so not Britney. She has never had that much success with slow songs before, besides probably Everytime, but JLM, is too fast to be considered a ballad like Everytime, yet it's too slow to be considered a classic danceable Britney track. Even MM is more melodic, JLM is just plain from beginning to end, no climax, no nothing. It's nothing more than a cool track you listen to between the real highlights of the album. At the most she could use it as an interlude during a show, because it's not even interesting to perform live.

On 17/07/2017 at 5:17 AM, PokemonSpears said:

but it was an uptempo, funnier, stronger song, which is more resembling of the classic Britney hit formula. I mean, it didn't come up out of nowhere, she had released FF and S&S before, so she wasn't totally disconnected from that style, although I recognize WB is different.

JLM in the other hand is so not Britney. She has never had that much success with slow songs before, besides probably Everytime, but JLM, is too fast to be considered a ballad like Everytime, yet it's too slow to be considered a classic danceable Britney track. Even MM is more melodic, JLM is just plain from beginning to end, no climax, no nothing. It's nothing more than a cool track you listen to between the real highlights of the album. At the most she could use it as an interlude during a show, because it's not even interesting to perform live.

Work ***** and FF are different genres, S&S yes its somewhat similar to WB, although much.

And let's not act like the gp wouldn't like it just because it was a new sound for her. Make Me was a new songs for her and managed to debut in the Top 20, and between MM and JLM, it's JLM aaaaaall the way, if Make Me did okay, JLM would've done amazingly. Revival was a new sound for Selena yet it didn't flop. ITZ was a whole new sound for Britney and it was huge. Same with Blackout. And those albums were trend-setters, the sound wasn't big or the hottest at the time and she brough and helped making them mainstream. NOW, imagine her releasing a killer somg like JLM when that kind of music is already hot. It would've been HUGE but sadly Britney didn't give it a chance so this will never be proven. I mean, remember when 20 seconds of JLM leaked last year? Straight from that moment I knew she had done a huge mistake picking B9's lead cause that should've been the lead, I'm starting to think that she purposely picks songs that will flop and even floppier artists so she can humiliate herself in front of her peers. If she doesn't care then she should retire and stop trying to get every dollar that she can out of her fans.

17 minutes ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

Work ***** and FF are different genres, S&S yes its somewhat similar to WB, although much.

And let's not act like the gp wouldn't like it just because it was a new sound for her. Make Me was a new songs for her and managed to debut in the Top 20, and between MM and JLM, it's JLM aaaaaall the way, if Make Me did okay, JLM would've done amazingly. Revival was a new sound for Selena yet it didn't flop. ITZ was a whole new sound for Britney and it was huge. Same with Blackout. And those albums were trend-setters, the sound wasn't big or the hottest at the time and she brough and helped making them mainstream. NOW, imagine her releasing a killer somg like JLM when that kind of music is already hot. It would've been HUGE but sadly Britney didn't give it a chance so this will never be proven. I mean, remember when 20 seconds of JLM leaked last year? Straight from that moment I knew she had done a huge mistake picking B9's lead cause that should've been the lead, I'm starting to think that she purposely picks songs that will flop and even floppier artists so she can humiliate herself in front of her peers. If she doesn't care then she should retire and stop trying to get every dollar that she can out of her fans.

I wouldn't describe JLM as a killer, unless we're talking about killing us with boredom. When the first snippet leaked I thought it sounded really good, but I was expecting the rest of the song to be something more powerful. Little did I know that what we were hearing was already the "climax" of the song.

I genuinely believe it wouldn't work for Britney. The mainstream rules just don't apply to her, I don't know. I think, these days she doesn't start from zero when she's releasing something new, she starts from negative numbers, because of the preconception this new generation has of her. Your logic, and I do recognize it sounds logic, is that if she releases something that sounds like what's already hot right now, it would do great. But I can't help but thinking people would see it more like, "oh she's so desperate she has to mimic what all her younger peers are doing", "she's trying too hard".

I think, despite everything, that Britney DOES have a place in GP's preference, but that's only when she releases Britney kind of songs. Those songs that you listen to and recognize her instantly, that are catchy, fun, danceable. If any, if she really wants to do something different, then she should release something truly different, not only from what she's done in the past, but also from what's "hot" out there on the radio right now. That could be a hit or miss, but that's the only chance from her to really stand out. In that sense, a track like Private Show, or If I'm Dancing, even something like Mood Ring, Invitation, Just Like Me, could really get the attention she needs to fully come back. I'm not saying those would be my single choices, but if she really wanted to experiment releasing different stuff, that's the kind of different she should do. Trying to compete with Selena, Bieber, and all the rest which are experts in this new trend, it's just useless. But if she looked to become a pioneer of a new trend, there wouldn't be no competition for her at all, but of course it has to be a great song.

However, we'll never know what kind of sound could become the next trend in music, starting from a Britney track, if they keep releasing just 2 singles per album.

2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I wouldn't describe JLM as a killer, unless we're talking about killing us with boredom. When the first snippet leaked I thought it sounded really good, but I was expecting the rest of the song to be something more powerful. Little did I know that what we were hearing was already the "climax" of the song.

I genuinely believe it wouldn't work for Britney. The mainstream rules just don't apply to her, I don't know. I think, these days she doesn't start from zero when she's releasing something new, she starts from negative numbers, because of the preconception this new generation has of her. Your logic, and I do recognize it sounds logic, is that if she releases something that sounds like what's already hot right now, it would do great. But I can't help but thinking people would see it more like, "oh she's so desperate she has to mimic what all her younger peers are doing", "she's trying too hard".

I think, despite everything, that Britney DOES have a place in GP's preference, but that's only when she releases Britney kind of songs. Those songs that you listen to and recognize her instantly, that are catchy, fun, danceable. If any, if she really wants to do something different, then she should release something truly different, not only from what she's done in the past, but also from what's "hot" out there on the radio right now. That could be a hit or miss, but that's the only chance from her to really stand out. In that sense, a track like Private Show, or If I'm Dancing, even something like Mood Ring, Invitation, Just Like Me, could really get the attention she needs to fully come back. I'm not saying those would be my single choices, but if she really wanted to experiment releasing different stuff, that's the kind of different she should do. Trying to compete with Selena, Bieber, and all the rest which are experts in this new trend, it's just useless. But if she looked to become a pioneer of a new trend, there wouldn't be no competition for her at all, but of course it has to be a great song.

However, we'll never know what kind of sound could become the next trend in music, starting from a Britney track, if they keep releasing just 2 singles per album.

I'll get back tomorrow, that's too big for me to read and answer right now and I got lessons early mornin'. Speak to u tomorrow:arianabye:

Currently? CYM would probably be our best bet (although it's one of my least faves on the album, don't drag me:yesokay:)

Liar and Better could do alright, but I think MOTM is probably one of the more original sounding tracks on the record which is why I always wanted it to be a single. 

But let's be real, without any promo, none of them will be a smash hit :decisions:

Archived