is britney turned into a nostalgia act?

1 minute ago, Spearsfan said:

I agree a huge problem with exposure in generally is she is so out of the public. Which is fine for her personally but when she releases new things she has to do a lot because everyone else is out there 24/7.

Rihanna example is always in the news for being at gala's, movie premieres etc 

Keeps ppl remembering her and checking up on new music.

Is there a reason why Britney does not do voice over in animation or anything like that?  I just feel that if she does not evolve as a performer she does not have new fans to gain at all so she should do something else in addition to music.

Just look at Jlo.  I don't think her music career is much different than Britney's despite her youtube views but look at what she's doing on NBC.  You look at Selena Gomez, her music won't be remembered down the line but she's doing other things besides music.

Britney is not really an on-screen actor but I just feel if she were to get in animation and do voice over work, because I feel she has a voice well- suited for something like that, she would really get lots of respect and get a lot more fans.

Plus, while she's an adult and can do whatever she wants, is her still smoking supposed to suggest that she'll sing live in the future?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Pedro Dantas said:

No, most of the people who grew up with her have outgrown her and don't have time for Lolita **** like Pretty Girls and Slumber Party. And, like @BoyToySoldier pointed out, teens grow up. Look at Madonna, she debuted in the 80s, but people who were teens in the early 2000s can somewhat say they grew up with her because she had exposure in that decade. And so can people from the 80s and 90s.

I literally became a Madonna fan because I heard Music as a kid and then discovered her older stuff like Into the Groove (which remains my favorite song by her), my mom even bought me The Immaculate Collection which was my first pop CD other than Britney. :outwithit:

It's important for artists with longevity to expand their fanbases across different generations.

7 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Most people outsell JLO, it's not a very hard thing to do. Next you're gonna tell me Make Me outpeaked Rebecca Black. :outwithit:

Yup.  But then Jlo's brand is much higher than Britney's right now because she's doing other things besides music.  Britney should be doing something like voice-over animation in addition to music.  Since she really is not doing anything else and her Vegas residency is set to end, I just feel that is a great way to get in the good graces of the public, especially with those who don't like her music/performing.

5 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

Is there a reason why Britney does not do voice over in animation or anything like that?  I just feel that if she does not evolve as a performer she does not have new fans to gain at all so she should do something else in addition to music.

Just look at Jlo.  I don't think her music career is much different than Britney's despite her youtube views but look at what she's doing on NBC.  You look at Selena Gomez, her music won't be remembered down the line but she's doing other things besides music.

Britney is not really an on-screen actor but I just feel if she were to get in animation and do voice over work, because I feel she has a voice well- suited for something like that, she would really get lots of respect and get a lot more fans.

Plus, while she's an adult and can do whatever she wants, is her still smoking supposed to suggest that she'll sing live in the future?

I think it would be great for her to be in an animated movie. She can sit in a chair and only have a few ppl around. Plus be part of the soundtrack. Look at OLL it was hated on here at first but that literally is the last song I heard on the radio daily. That music video will probably be the next to 100 million:tiffcackle:

Ppl like family friendly stuff these days and Britney's fav movie is barbie so it fits her personality. 

My dream was for her to do the bond theme but lately they been sticking with British artists. 

The last part I don't understand tbh

1 minute ago, danny1994 said:

A month is quickly :tiffcackle:

Most hits stay in the top 100 for several months, Issues has been in the top 20 since like April :tiffcackle:

Most of those songs had support from radio which Make Me no longer had when radio dropped the song

Had radio stayed the course while its digital sales were going good after the VMA's, the song would have moved up into the top 10 on the hot 100.

1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I literally became a Madonna fan because I heard Music as a kid and then discovered her older stuff like Into the Groove (which remains my favorite song by her), my mom even bought me The Immaculate Collection which was my first pop CD other than Britney. :outwithit:

It's important for artists with longevity to expand their fanbases across different generations.

I became a fan of Britney because of TTWE. Had Britney done what Cappy says and given up on exposure early, she wouldn't have teen fans like me and @$elfish. I became a Madonna fan because of 4 Minutes and the LAV performance at the 1984 VMAs. I've known who Madonna is since 2008 when I was a kid. Exposure is important.

4 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I got into Madonna from the kiss and bought American Life shortly after. Went back and bought all her past albums. To this day she is one of my fav pop artists. 

2 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

Yup.  But then Jlo's brand is much higher than Britney's right now because she's doing other things besides music.  Britney should be doing something like voice-over animation in addition to music.  Since she really is not doing anything else and her Vegas residency is set to end, I just feel that is a great way to get in the good graces of the public, especially with those who don't like her music/performing.

TBH, JLO's music career is pretty poor. Her album's aren't high sellers and she's mainly known for latching onto the urban pop trend of 2002 and Let's Get Loud. :orangu: I mean at her residency show, the "costumes" she has on display are just red carpet dresses. The only iconic one is the green Versace dress.

She had to venture into acting and TV, because her music career alone wasn't gonna keep her afloat for very long. She's very talented, she just gets stuck with mostly crappy material.

5 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Most of those songs had support from radio which Make Me no longer had when radio dropped the song

Had radio stayed the course while its digital sales were going good after the VMA's, the song would have moved up into the top 10 on the hot 100.

That’s not true. Issues has actually been in the top 20 since February and didn’t start getting heavy radio support since like April, I double checked

Yes she is known for her past hits and not her new music, no one really cares for her anymore aside from fans. Majority of gp didn't even know about glory. I cant at certain members trying to claim britney is still relevant :tiffcackle: britney doing fine tho :tiffcackle:

4 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

That’s not true. Issues has actually been in the top 20 since February and didn’t start getting heavy radio support since like April.

The fact that Issues sounds like a Glory reject says it all. Julia is literally responsible for half the album and yet, Britney isn't getting a big hit. Why? :mattafact:

Could it be *gasp*, lack of proper care? :mattafact:

Archived