is britney turned into a nostalgia act?

6 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Ain't Your Mama was a hit in Europe and she has great streams on YouTube and Spotify. She also has a sucessful Vegas residency and she has a show on NBC.

That's the point I made; she's doing other things and has two shows on NBC.

I think what's hurt Britney the most his her performing.  Even if JLo doesn't sing live she puts in great effort to pre-record vocals and put on a high energy show.

If Britney does not want to evolve in any way as a performer, why would any new audience be interested in her? 

Moving forward, I think Britney should strongly consider doing other things in addition to music if she wants any real chance of relevancy.

I suggested she does voice over in animated films.  Stuff like that would get her in the good graces of public again because her performing is a major turn off.  I thought that her singing Happy Birthday was annoying in retrospect because she was annoyed that she had to do it.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

That's the least the could do. If the gp isn't streaming Glory they deff aren't buying it.

Same with Moodring. Might as well put it up on European and us iTunes/streaming no one is going to buy the Japanese version now 

They could also change the album cover to the tour version and upload the bonus tracks on every album (and replace the clean versions with the explicit ones, but that's not a priority). Btw, were there any Spotify ads for MM, Glory and SP? Gga, Katy and even Metallica had lots of Spotify ads but Larry and RCA can't spend a few coins for that.

6 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Teens and tweens are fickle and not the type of audience to focus on for the long haul

Adults won't buy her music, elders won't buy her music and now you don't want teens to buy her music. So what is your plan? Her fanbase, white gays and pop stans aren't enough to have a hit or good album sales.

1 minute ago, zxcvb said:

That's the point I made; she's doing other things and has two shows on NBC.

I think what's hurt Britney the most his her performing.  Even if JLo doesn't sing live she puts in great effort to pre-record vocals and put on a high energy show.

If Britney does not want to evolve in any way as a performer, why would any new audience be interested in her? 

Moving forward, I think Britney should strongly consider doing other things in addition to music if she wants any real chance of relevancy.

I suggested she does voice over in animated films.  Stuff like that would get her in the good graces of public again because her performing is a major turn off.  I thought that her singing Happy Birthday was annoying in retrospect because she was annoyed that she had to do it.

I agree a huge problem with exposure in generally is she is so out of the public. Which is fine for her personally but when she releases new things she has to do a lot because everyone else is out there 24/7.

Rihanna example is always in the news for being at gala's, movie premieres etc 

Keeps ppl remembering her and checking up on new music.

Just now, Pedro Dantas said:

They could also change the album cover to the tour version and upload the bonus tracks on every album (and replace the clean versions with the explicit ones, but that's not a priority). Btw, were there any Spotify ads for MM, Glory and SP? Gga, Katy and even Metallica had lots of Spotify ads but Larry and RCA can't spend a few coins for that.

Adults won't buy her music, elders won't buy her music and now you don't want teens to buy her music. So what is your plan? Her fanbase, white gays and pop stans aren't enough to have a hit.

Britney has fans of all races and ages

Most of Britney audience has grown up with her

2 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Teens and tweens are fickle and not the type of audience to focus on for the long haul

You're aware teens grow up right? :outwithit:

It's important for Britney to remain relevant on the charts if she wants to have anymore longevity. Her core fanbase (us) will always be here but she's alienating a lot of her casual fanbase because of the subpar performances. The GP wasn't here for Glory. Her VMA performance wasn't well received and the video fell flat. If Make Me did as well as it did, it's because WE pushed it.

That being said, if Britney were to actually have another successful era, it means more growth to this fanbase and that equals bigger sales for her entire discography and tour tickets as well.

@$elfish became a fan during Femme Fatale, and they're a teenager. They were introduced to Britney because she had exposure. Becoming a fan = exposure to older material = catalogue growth.

4 minutes ago, button said:

It was out of the Hot 100 after 9 weeks :tiffcackle:

I knew it dropped fast. 

1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

It's important for Britney to remain relevant on the charts if she wants to have anymore longevity. Her core fanbase (us) will always be here but she's alienating a lot of her casual fanbase because of the subpar performances. The GP wasn't here for Glory. Her VMA performance wasn't well received and the video fell flat. If Make Me did as well as it did, it's because WE pushed it.

That being said, if Britney were to actually have another successful era, it means more growth to this fanbase and that equals bigger sales for her entire discography and tour tickets as well.

@$elfish became a fan during Femme Fatale, and they're a teenager. They were introduced to Britney because she had exposure. Becoming a fan = exposure to older material = catalogue growth.

This exactly. 

1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

The public is always here for good music which is what Glory is

Teens and tweens are not an audience she needs to mainly be focused on

She has music that can appeal to those folks

4 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I agree a huge problem with exposure in generally is she is so out of the public. Which is fine for her personally but when she releases new things she has to do a lot because everyone else is out there 24/7.

Rihanna example is always in the news for being at gala's, movie premieres etc 

Keeps ppl remembering her and checking up on new music.

Britney marches to the beat of her own drum, so don't ever expect her to follow someone just because they did whatever

Britney keeps herself in the news in her own unique way

3 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

The public is always here for good music which is what Glory is

Teens and tweens are not an audience she needs to mainly be focused on

She has music that can appeal to those folks

How can the public be here for it when it hasn't even crossed 1M SPS WW? :outwithit:

Literally nobody knows about Glory. There was a fan who went to her Jingle Ball show last year and he heard these two girls behind him go "what is this song" when DYWCO? started playing. :outwithit:

If the public was here for it, it wouldn't have peaked at #3 in her home market. :outwithit:

2 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Most people outsell JLO, it's not a very hard thing to do. Next you're gonna tell me Make Me outpeaked Rebecca Black. :outwithit:

OP said J.LO career is at a high and I had to mention that most of her singles and albums have flopped

Her music career is not on a high

Just now, Cappycorn87 said:

Britney has fans of all races and ages

Most of Britney audience has grown up with her

No, most of the people who grew up with her have outgrown her and don't have time for Lolita **** like Pretty Girls and Slumber Party. And, like @BoyToySoldier pointed out, teens grow up. Look at Madonna, she debuted in the 80s, but people who were teens in the early 2000s can somewhat say they grew up with her because she had exposure in that decade. And so can people from the 80s and 90s.

Just now, Pedro Dantas said:

No, most of the people who grew up with her have outgrown her and don't have time for Lolita **** like Pretty Girls and Slumber Party. And, like @BoyToySoldier pointed out, teens grow up. Look at Madonna, she debuted in the 80s, but people who were teens in the early 2000s can somewhat say they grew up with her because she had exposure in that decade. And so can people from the 80s and 90s.

There's many folks who grown up with her that are still there like myself

Archived