is britney turned into a nostalgia act?

26 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

You do know that most of J.LO singles flopped along with the albums

I would not say J.LO music career is going strong which is to be expected of a female in her 40's

Madonna last album and singles from it flopped

The difference is that JLO is doing other things.  Britney is not doing much else right now.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

She was over shadowed and she does need that because she doesn't sing and her dancing isn't up to par. 

I think everybody who performed that night was overshadowed by a 16 minute performance

Make Me was already in the top 10 on itunes before the performance and moved up 1 spot to #2 after the performance

Beyonce had a 16 minute performance but most of the songs performed did not even enter the top 10 on itunes that night even with all the praise on her

Just now, Cappycorn87 said:

I think everybody who performed that night was overshadowed by a 16 minute performance

Make Me was already in the top 10 on itunes before the performance and moved up 1 spot to #2 after the performance

Beyonce had a 16 minute performance but most of the songs performed did not even enter the top 10 on itunes that night even with all the praise on her

Her album slayed though. I'm sure lemonade is still charting 

Britney didn't stay up there long. Mm didn't stay in top 100 long at all. 

3 hours ago, sue the expectional earner said:

jennifer lopez,shakira,beyonce and even madonna has still stong careers but apparently britney's career is really about to die. make me and slumber party can't even broke 100m views. britney google search results are %70 down since 2013. glory can't even sell 1m with several promos. people shares her old music on social medias, not the new ones. her last 'hit' is work *****. and so many people on internet criticizing her surgery. thankfully her piece of me asia tour was successful but i think it's just because of everyone wanted to see britney and listen her old hits. my friends said to me they don't hear music straight since femme fatale era. so b10 era is so dangerous, all of her need is incredible superbowl show. but it's not going to happen. 

Her career isn't about to die, it's already dead. She has made zero effort at being relevant and she is paying the price. Britney and her team will regret it in a few years when her music doesn't bring in as much money as they would like

35 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

You do know that most of J.LO singles flopped along with the albums

I would not say J.LO music career is going strong which is to be expected of a female in her 40's

Madonna last album and singles from it flopped

Ain't Your Mama was a hit in Europe and she has great streams on YouTube and Spotify. She also has a sucessful Vegas residency and she has a show on NBC.

Madonna doesn't get hits because of ageism but she's still selling out world tours and Rebel Heart crossed 1M sales, which Glory hasn't done

2 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Ain't Your Mama was a hit in Europe and she has great streams on YouTube and Spotify. She also has a sucessful Vegas residency and she has a show on NBC.

Madonna doesn't get hits because of ageism but she's still selling out world tours and Rebel Heart crossed 1M sales, which Glory hasn't done

I didn't even mention streams. Britney's streams show how little ppl are checking for her. That is a HUGE problem. 

Shows the younger generation won't back her currently. 

2 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Britney Vegas  residency is doing great as well grossing 100 million

She scored a top 20 debut with Make Me

She's doing well

Just now, Spearsfan said:

I didn't even mention streams. Britney's streams show how little ppl are checking for her. That is a HUGE problem. 

Her team is still stuck in 2009. They should upload Glory's album tracks on YouTube to help it with streams. :lemmetellu:

1 minute ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Her team is still stuck in 2009. They should upload Glory's album tracks on YouTube to help it with streams. :lemmetellu:

That's the least the could do. If the gp isn't streaming Glory they deff aren't buying it.

Same with Moodring. Might as well put it up on European and us iTunes/streaming no one is going to buy the Japanese version now 

1 minute ago, Cappycorn87 said:

I'm not goting through past itunes charts but it did not drop quickly

Because it isn't true. It fell out within three weeks if I'm not mistaken? 

4 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Teens and tweens are fickle and not the type of audience to focus on for the long haul

Just now, Cappycorn87 said:

Teens and tweens are fickle and not the type of audience to focus on for the long haul

That is how ppl keep going. If no one is buying then quality goes down and the artist goes into has been territory performing at your local bingo hall 

1 minute ago, Spearsfan said:

That's the least the could do. If the gp isn't streaming Glory they deff aren't buying it.

Same with Moodring. Might as well put it up on European and us iTunes/streaming no one is going to buy the Japanese version now 

Because it isn't true. It fell out within three weeks if I'm not mistaken? 

no it didn't

If it did then it rose back up which the song kept doing on itunes

Archived