GLORY didn't have a visual concept

JP9101

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, JP9101 said:

but... the onyx hotel was the tour for in the zone right? 

so... :outwithit:

sure there is a concept :verycool:

OMG :tiffcackle: no connection these issues.. ITZ = Onyx Hotel Tour...  Ok its a concept album.. 

NO, NO, NO... :sickofu:

Concept album= Example: CIRCUS = Circus theme.  song performances, stages,  costumes....All of them are a circus theme.. 

But In the Zone = Which theme? 

I can't at some of you saying Glory was following a dark lingerie concept but when the video was scrapped, the concept was scrapped as well...

I mean,  she's been using lingerie since 2015 in POM? That's not a visual concept, that's just POM and Cheapney :tiffanynod:

Guest $elfish
11 hours ago, it's so much Better said:

OMGGGGGG 

I hadnt noticeeee

:tiffcackle:

What is the conceptuality of femme fatale? Or blackout? Or in the zone? 

*** what do you think?:tiffcackle:

Guest $elfish

I hope b10 has a concept like circus did :outwithit: it would be really cool to have another album like that :outwithit: what would be the theme tho?:nocomprende:

It did kinda have a visual concept during the pre-era like @Steel Magnolia pointed out. However, when the video was scrapped and the promo run started it kinda changed to this type of style:

Spoiler

03-britney-spears-make-me-2016-billboardbritney-spears-ellen-degeneres-2016-billbritney-carpool.jpgbritney-spears-jonathan-ross-boots-1.jpgbritney-spears-mtv-vmas-red-carpet-2016-

I think the styling and theme became horrible and messy around Septmeber with the pig tails, messy buns and **** makeup:

Spoiler

britney-spears-at-jonathan-ross-show-in- (the costume is good but the hair is a mess)

britney-spears-iheart-performance.jpg (average costume, bad hairstyle)

201611-Slumber-Party-e1486849742952.jpg (the make up is on point but that messy bun looks horrible)

britney-spears-performing-at-102.7-kiis- (NO, just no. Bad costume. **** hairstyle. Supid childish make up. Stupid belt)

In other words, the theme went from "pretty good" to "good" to "NO".

Glory's artwork just screams pop-star in Vegas, and that's what Britney is

It wasn't very artistic or conceptual, which is okay but isn't good. I loved Blackout's artwork where Britney was mysterious, the pics of her in the confession box and posing by the mirrors, I love it.

I wish her next album focuses on the concepts and art. Something like V and flaunt magaziney :brit:

The V magazine shoot, Private Show commercial, and original visuals concepts for the Make Me video and single cover kind of go together as a concept. 

But everything seemed to unravel into a mess after the video was scrapped. First Britney was styled as a ****, mature bombshell and then she had pigtails in her hair for multiple performances. 

14 hours ago, JP9101 said:

I love the album 

but was a ******* mess

lol 

I was thinking about the performances and...

make me ... no artistic concept 

slumber party ... hey britney use this bed sheet ... ok 

do you wanna come over... ummm what we can do? oh yes re use the pole of 3 

:wannadie:

I thought the cover was amazing in the sense that it really had that glorious god-like thing going on but I don't think the creative team translated that well to video and performances. They tried translating that concept for the second Make Me video and they failed.  

I loved the original look she was wearing: lace, black lingerie, nude lingerie and white lingerie... But that only lasted for a little while. They tried using this for the second Make Me video, but we got a cheesy mess. Britney herself wasn't the problem, the story of the video was. She should have at least kept the same style going for the radio festivals, but oh well, I think the Make Me video kind of killed the excitement for a lot of fans and so after that no matter what she did or didn't do, she was going to receive backlash. 

I don't mind the POM performances, but these songs had so much more potential for better performances, but I don't think this is Britney's fault but her team or creative team. Most songs have cool props in Vegas, except for the newer ones which sucks. 

1 hour ago, Girl On The Moon said:

I thought the cover was amazing in the sense that it really had that glorious god-like thing going on but I don't think the creative team translated that well to video and performances. They tried translating that concept for the second Make Me video and they failed.  

I loved the original look she was wearing: lace, black lingerie, nude lingerie and white lingerie... But that only lasted for a little while. They tried using this for the second Make Me video, but we got a cheesy mess. Britney herself wasn't the problem, the story of the video was. She should have at least kept the same style going for the radio festivals, but oh well, I think the Make Me video kind of killed the excitement for a lot of fans and so after that no matter what she did or didn't do, she was going to receive backlash. 

I don't mind the POM performances, but these songs had so much more potential for better performances, but I don't think this is Britney's fault but her team or creative team. Most songs have cool props in Vegas, except for the newer ones which sucks. 

I mind the POM performances worldwide except for the mini tour.

She should have promoted WAY more than 3 songs off the album, for example no one I know is aware of Glory at all. 

Although they were good performances I didn't like the fact that she was basically promoting her Vegas show, except for the AMF which was ******* amazing

4 hours ago, Godllory said:

OMG :tiffcackle: no connection these issues.. ITZ = Onyx Hotel Tour...  Ok its a concept album.. 

NO, NO, NO... :sickofu:

Concept album= Example: CIRCUS = Circus theme.  song performances, stages,  costumes....All of them are a circus theme.. 

But In the Zone = Which theme? 

of course... womanizer was so circus :outwithit:\\

cmon gurl \

in the zone had a concept 

and riccus too

... glory... no 

I don't think every album has a consistent visual theme though... Her personal style stays a little consistent with each era but it's not like they really take too many elements from the album artwork or videos for the live performances or anything.

15 hours ago, Godllory said:

Because Glory isn't a concept album like CIRCUS. :tiffcackle:

Circus wasn't really a concept album either. She recorded a bunch of random songs and when she named it after Circus, they did a concept photoshoot and matching tour.

16 hours ago, it's so much Better said:

OMGGGGGG 

I hadnt noticeeee

:tiffcackle:

What is the conceptuality of femme fatale? Or blackout? Or in the zone? 

FF had as concept a strong independant and **** woman which was visualized with the FF tour interludes.

in the zine is quite obvious as the concept is all about love and makig love and satisfying yourself and perhaps others. It's basically just ***.

Blackout I'd say its concept is all about how the media and the world sees her. It's more personal as any other album by her as well

Archived