What Is It About Britney?

Curious_1110

Guest $elfish

For me since I became a fan in 2011 thanks to ff and I didn't get to witness proper slayage the thing that got me into britney was mostly just her old stuff tbh and her new music like ff and glory I just found her appealing and I used to like her dancing until I joined exhell ... this place made me less excited about britney I used to think her dancing was good and that she wasn't flopped but all of that changed after here lol:outwithit:

still love ha tho:queenflopga:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I became fan in 2006-07 

the reason was music and Primeney's perfomances

I read 2 biographies about her so I had empathy for her and didn't stop stanning even tho I hated the lack of dancing in Circus era

also I was obsessed with her appearance, I used to look at her pictures all the time lol that's why I still can say which year candid photo belong to etc

why I'm still here? well I love her as a person and I'll never stop enjoying her old performances/interviews 

her music since 2008 is hit or miss tho 

Thanks everyone that took the time to reply but after reading all of them I can't help but wonder why you guys fight with each other so intensely and viciously. Everyone has listed reasons that show that you all love her beyond just the music and are invested in her as a person not just the persona. She's inspired all of you from bullying to building confidence and accepting your sexuality. 

1 hour ago, Curious_1110 said:

Thanks everyone that took the time to reply but after reading all of them I can't help but wonder why you guys fight with each other so intensely and viciously. Everyone has listed reasons that show that you all love her beyond just the music and are invested in her as a person not just the persona. She's inspired all of you from bullying to building confidence and accepting your sexuality. 

I think the division comes from half of the fans accepting that she's been through a lot and that she is not the performer that she once was... and the other half who probably grew up during primeney who want that performer back and believes she can be that Britney Spears again... honestly I'm in the middle, I understand she's been through a lot but at the same time if she can't give her 100% professionally then why even give any at all... primeney would give you 150% everytime, she wouldn't accept anything less... I just feel like if she doesn't want to be out there then she should stop and take a proper break and come back when she can give 100% and promote with passion ... what was once a passion is now a job (or that's how it seems) 

49 minutes ago, InTheZone4U said:

I think the division comes from half of the fans accepting that she's been through a lot and that she is not the performer that she once was... and the other half who probably grew up during primeney who want that performer back and believes she can be that Britney Spears again... honestly I'm in the middle, I understand she's been through a lot but at the same time if she can't give her 100% professionally then why even give any at all... primeney would give you 150% everytime, she wouldn't accept anything less... I just feel like if she doesn't want to be out there then she should stop and take a proper break and come back when she can give 100% and promote with passion ... what was once a passion is now a job (or that's how it seems) 

I can understand that and I definitely see that being the main divide between members here. 

To the bolded part, just from docs that were linked to me I found Britney to be a much much much stronger person than I ever thought her to be. So I don't personally see her as a quitter, now I'm sure you know her better than I do, but again that's just my take from getting to know more about her over the past year. I may not be completely blown away by what I see her give on stage after 2009, however I do recognize how much strength and perseverance it takes for a person to get back out there after the whole world witnessed them at their absolute worst. She could've crumbled but she didn't, that's something I, and I think a lot of other people, don't give her enough credit for. So although I may not be a fan in the traditional sense I definitely have a lot more admiration for her as a person than I did before so I appreciate her still getting out there and giving it a shot. 

2 hours ago, Curious_1110 said:

1 hour ago, InTheZone4U said:

I think the division comes from half of the fans accepting that she's been through a lot and that she is not the performer that she once was... and the other half who probably grew up during primeney who want that performer back and believes she can be that Britney Spears again

Its not that the other half (the ones who grew up with Primeney) don't accept that she's been through a lot. We do. We know; most of us were watching it live while it happened. It's the fact that rehearsal videos come out showing that she can perform the same way she used to, and once she hits the stage, it's like all of that goes away. She even releases these vids herself (in the case of the original Make Me choreo and her rehearsing Work ***** during I Am Britney Jean) and then she cuts and scraps the more difficult choreo because, we can only assume, she doesn't want to rehearse as often as she should.

It's frustrating. And it gets really old, hearing the other half using the excuses we give to non-fans on YouTube and the like on us. The thing is, most of them know it, too. They just want to be positive about everything and ignore the bad; but frankly, the fanbase has been doing that for years, and it's not working anymore.

But I absolutely agree with that last part. I want the same. I feel it would really hurt her relevancy and sales if she did it, but that's honestly what she needs to do: just take a proper, real break, and work again when the passion returns. 

I think it was/is her effortlessness like she didn't need to be so flamed up to be gorgeous and still now, and when she danced it just seemed so natural, the songs were an escape and I loved that even being a very pop girl that she was weird in her own ways like there are songs that only britney can make haha

23 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I was introduced to her after the Oops video came out. I saw that and Baby One More Time after and begged my mom to buy me her CD. She bought me both.

After that, the Britney era came which solidified her as that blonde *** symbol and I was hooked. I had never seen someone so confident and glamorous before. She was on another level, I would watch her dance and be mesmerized. I actually tried to teach myself the Pepsi choreography in front of the TV.

I think as a gay icon she represents what we all wanted to be growing up. We all wanted to be ****, we all wanted to be confident, we all wanted to be in control.

Her music has had an effect on me personally because each album was released during pivotal moments in my life that I can look back on. Baby-Britney for my childhood, Zone-Blackout my preteens, Circus-BJ my adolescence and Glory represents my college years now.

We must be the same age lol. Glory has been my soundtrack for my 20s - also ITZ and blackout sound different from being a kid to listening now.

8 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

Its not that the other half (the ones who grew up with Primeney) don't accept that she's been through a lot. We do. We know; most of us were watching it live while it happened. It's the fact that rehearsal videos come out showing that she can perform the same way she used to, and once she hits the stage, it's like all of that goes away. She even releases these vids herself (in the case of the original Make Me choreo and her rehearsing Work ***** during I Am Britney Jean) and then she cuts and scraps the more difficult choreo because, we can only assume, she doesn't want to rehearse as often as she should.

It's frustrating. And it gets really old, hearing the other half using the excuses we give to non-fans on YouTube and the like on us. The thing is, most of them know it, too. They just want to be positive about everything and ignore the bad; but frankly, the fanbase has been doing that for years, and it's not working anymore.

But I absolutely agree with that last part. I want the same. I feel it would really hurt her relevancy and sales if she did it, but that's honestly what she needs to do: just take a proper, real break, and work again when the passion returns. 

I know things won't be the same and don't expect it to but just bring back that passion and I really think they wanted to give glory a little more shine but **** got crazy. But I feel like she just needs to figure out how she wants to present herself to the world as a performer cause the music and her energy is back and she's happy, now to put that focus on an era instead of 826262 fantasy perfumes and vegas

2 minutes ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

We must be the same age lol. Glory has been my soundtrack for my 20s - also ITZ and blackout sound different from being a kid to listening now.

Same! My musical tastes have evolved as I  got older. When I was a kid, I couldn't really get into songs like Showdown, Early Mornin', Toy Soldier, Why Should I Be Sad, etc. because they're not your typical kid friendly bubblegum songs.

2 minutes ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

I know things won't be the same and don't expect it to but just bring back that passion and I really think they wanted to give glory a little more shine but **** got crazy. But I feel like she just needs to figure out how she wants to present herself to the world as a performer cause the music and her energy is back and she's happy, now to put that focus on an era instead of 826262 fantasy perfumes and vegas

:mhm: See, I can definitely agree with that. I'm honestly not expecting Primeney levels, I just want the same level of care and concern/passion back.

Archived