One thing I don't want you guys to complain about the Glory era

3 minutes ago, Roger said:

FF influenced the industry and gets recognized for that from her peers

Glory wishes :tiffcackle:

FF influenced the industry and gets recognized for that from her peers

Glory wishes :tiffcackle:

Right? I feel like it gets hate because of how the era turned out. Its a solid pop album for its time :mhm: glory is basic af unfortunately :tiffcackle:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

The album isnt bad but it copied every chart trend and even Britney herself said she was inspired by Selena hence why her writers are a part of the album.

Its by no means a bad album but it seemed like a desperate attempt from Britney to become relevant again.

I wish she would find that passion and inspiration she had on ITZ & Blackout.

I get your point about it following trends, but I don't think that was a bad thing for Britney. 

Even though she followed a trend, to me adding Britneys voice and her experience made it new to me. Britney didn't start the trend of pop music but she arguably perfected it and that's what I think her thought process was with glory, she saw a trend and wanted to put her spin on it and make glory stand out to other albums which I think she did. 

I do believe her next album should be innovative though 

29 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

Right? I feel like it gets hate because of how the era turned out. Its a solid pop album for its time :mhm: glory is basic af unfortunately :tiffcackle:

the GP stanned it, medias stanned it, fans stanned it 

the album had a positive impact when Glory made no impact at all :tiffcackle:

3 minutes ago, pieceof15yearold*loveyall said:

Wrong dubsteb was already on the go when Hold it against me came out. Britney was late to the party.

she was the first big mainstream to do it right and gets full recognition for that from Skrillex & Madeon

Flawless Fatale :flawlessbye:

24 minutes ago, Roger said:

the GP stanned it, medias stanned it, fans stanned it 

the album had a positive impact when Glory made no impact at all :tiffcackle:

I think it was much more successful in the US than everywhere else. When I listen to it now it does sound dated but it was pretty good at the time when that sound was trendy :mhm: 

28 minutes ago, pieceof15yearold*loveyall said:

Wrong dubsteb was already on the go when Hold it against me came out. Britney was late to the party.

You can't just claim im wrong and not provide me with receipts :whitney: also i said FF was ONE OF the albums that made dubstep mainstream

2 hours ago, Damsel in Distress said:

It's a great summer album.

Had the best vacation on a beautiful island,

my hot boyfriend, cocktails and Glory.

This album may not be her best but it will always

take me back to that time.

:foh:

Get that Summer D mama! And don't forget to buy Britney's hot new album Fantasy: Island Edition, out on on iTunes and all other basic digital retailers now.  

:tiffanycries:  :crying2:  :wendycry:  :awkblink:

5 hours ago, pieceof15yearold*loveyall said:

To be honest it is a bunch of songs that are very incoherent in terms of style and production, which diminishes the quality of the album quite much for my liking. Seen as an album I think it is not that strong. Individual songs, yes.

What I want to say, Glory rather feels like a compilation, not an album therefore I rank it behind ITZ, Blackout, Circus and FF in terms of coherence and "album feeling".

My opinion, don´t attack me.

Funny thing is that ITZ is as incoherent as Glory IMO.. all over the place and different styles but they work somehow... except for Brave New Girl :gross: 

I never understood why this album is considered to be her best. She was just singing about *** for almost all of the songs; it's like one song lyrically revised into different songs. :wyd: And producers say they focused on her vocals when all Britney did is to add oohs and aahs for every song.  :sofedup: and the fact that she can't prove it in a LIVE performance. It is more listenable than BJ for sure but still generic. :staysalty: 

It showed there was a definite care and concern about her albums again, especially after The One I Will Not Name and FF, and it is one I listen to often. I don't really like when people hate on it: but at the same time, it was just a matter of following trends, so I can understand why people don't fawn over it like ITZ.

However, for what I believe it was meant to be -- which was Britney showing that care again -- it's a good one. :tbh:

10 hours ago, pieceof15yearold*loveyall said:

To be honest it is a bunch of songs that are very incoherent in terms of style and production, which diminishes the quality of the album quite much for my liking. Seen as an album I think it is not that strong. Individual songs, yes.

What I want to say, Glory rather feels like a compilation, not an album therefore I rank it behind ITZ, Blackout, Circus and FF in terms of coherence and "album feeling".

My opinion, don´t attack me.

Haha, the funny thing is that is EXACTLY how I'd describe In The Zone,

Me Against the Music, Everytime, Toxic, Brave New Girl, Touch of My Hand, Boom Boom.....it baffles me how any of these songs ended up on the same album. However, some of the songs individually are very strong. In the Zone is the definition of a compilation album.

39 minutes ago, Chico101 said:

Haha, the funny thing is that is EXACTLY how I'd describe In The Zone,

Me Against the Music, Everytime, Toxic, Brave New Girl, Touch of My Hand, Boom Boom.....it baffles me how any of these songs ended up on the same album. However, some of the songs individually are very strong. In the Zone is the definition of a compilation album.

compilation as Glory tbh. but, Is it bad if the album doesn't follow only "one style"? :wtfdidusay: Not really tho, it's an experimental album, with each song having a unique sound, and that's what makes it special, you can't compare  any songs because they are all different from each other!. y'all should listen to loose (by nelly furtado), messy af in terms of coherence :mhm:, but remains one of the best albums of the last decade .

:tiffcackle:

Glory is probably Britney's most tired album, if I'm being honest (besides Britney Jean of course). She was inspired by Selena and Bieber (and The Weeknd as her team said) and it shows. 

Britney has always been ahead of the trends or at least ON trend. Her first four albums are self explanatory. Blackout pushed the popular Timbaland/Danja sound deeper into dance. Circus luckily had comeback hype but it was still grade A pop - Womanizer being an infectious curveball and perfect for the time. Also assisted by great visuals. Femme Fatale, no matter how "generic" and "soulless" some of this base considers it to be, is very representative of the dance music at the time of the early 2010s and when kids/teens/playlists look back at the time, songs like Till the World Ends and I Wanna Go will be remembered and the album will be showcased. But she (or producers, whatever) also pushed the sound with dubstep elements throughout and FF was released WHILE ITS SOUND WAS HOT. It made Britney a three decade pop chart contender.

Make Me/Glory was like... nearly two years after the mainstream faux R&B sound took over following the popularity of actual urban artists. And then the upbeat tracks that match Britney's brand (Do You Wanna Come Over, Clumsy, Love Me Down, etc) didn't even see the light of day or get visuals. The whole album is very trend-chasing, random and weird. I barely listen to it anymore. It was obviously a vast improvement from Britney Jean though. But the actual "Britney" moments were scarce. 

1 hour ago, Oxic said:

compilation as Glory tbh. but, Is it bad if the album doesn't follow only "one style"? :wtfdidusay: Not really tho, it's an experimental album, with each song having a unique sound, and that's what makes it special, you can't compare  any songs because they are all different from each other!. y'all should listen to loose (by nelly furtado), messy af in terms of coherence :mhm:, but remains one of the best albums of the last decade .

I'm not sure if I follow you but I agree about Loose. Actually, I think a better example of coherence is Confessions by Madonna, that whole album and era, even down to the music videos all tied together and had one common theme/look/feel/sound. I wish Britney would do something that cohesive. 

Archived