How would you react if Britney's Super Bowl performance was Piece of Me once again?

jamesedward94

Well... It's not like I'm expecting something different tbh... I mean come on, huge props will be there, maybe yeah, they guitar will be used again and also the pole. That's how Britney performs nowadays, can we really ask her to go back in time performing wise? Cause it's not happening. It's going to be a pumped up POM show and we know it... they aim at something spectacular and the huge props will make up for it, and honestly, Britney is in her best shape since years and she is going to be an eye candy no matter what. As fans we have our wishes but the best we are going to get is a BBMA performance, wich I truly enjoyed.  

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MX3 said:

I dont think the public would criticize would they.....? I feel like the public has a 'soft spot' for Britney, and she would maybe get some 'lukewarm' reviews about how 'while her body is in top form, her dancing was not up to par as her past. but she belted out her hits looking healthy and even gave a few 'whoops' and we were happy to have her back" or some lame **** we've been hearing. 

evrybody would compare her to other artists who have done the SB before and after Gaga last year with live singing, piano playing, actually bringing back the routines from her greatest hits and doing all that so effortlessly. She will be dragged through the pits of her selfmade lipsync,I am a barbie girl without talent hell. 

No soft spot ever could save the mess that is POM 

The GP isn't here for POM, they've already seen the BBMA 2016 + iHeart Radio + other festivals. Her POM routines are already done. 

If she's going to go on stage on the biggest show ever (apparently), then she needs to slay and give her ALL.

My reaction would be similar to the 2016 VMAs (underwhelmed) only I'd be more scared to see any reactions or comments because I already know I'm not going to like it. 

I really hope she and her team realizes how big this is and how important it is to actually put on an amazing performance. 

Tips: pre-record vocals, sing a few lines at least, do impressive choreography and just look good. That's it, she can do it, but the questions is: will she do it?

11 minutes ago, Mohd93 said:

The GP isn't here for POM, they've already seen the BBMA 2016 + iHeart Radio + other festivals. Her POM routines are already done. 

If she's going to go on stage on the biggest show ever (apparently), then she needs to slay and give her ALL.

My reaction would be similar to the 2016 VMAs (underwhelmed) only I'd be more scared to see any reactions or comments because I already know I'm not going to like it. 

I really hope she and her team realizes how big this is and how important it is to actually put on an amazing performance. 

Tips: pre-record vocals, sing a few lines at least, do impressive choreography and just look good. That's it, she can do it, but the questions is: will she do it?

I doubt she'll do POM (especially the ones she's already done during BBMA). I think they'll come up with a totally new performance, with a new concept. I believe the SB funds the performances, right? She needs to hire Wade again to stage direct it. He does a really good job with making the stage look busy and putting Britney at the center of attention, even without her doing choreography and still make her look good. 

There won't be a reaction because she dare not do it.  She got injured, yes.  But so has Paula Abdul.  So have many high profile athletes, male AND female.

Yes, she's gone through a lot but she has to put in the work (with the right choreographers and pre-recorded vocals/live singing) as good (or better) as she did from 1999-2004 to be on that stage.  She was fine in 2016 for Vegas  (better than this year and allows her to remain one of the highest paid in music) and for touring but not for the Super Bowl.

Yeah, people are going to always criticize her but people criticize Katy Perry and she clearly pulled the Super Bowl off.  

I mean, I don't like when she said on Ellen a couple years ago "I'm dancing the most I've ever danced."

5 hours ago, MX3 said:

I dont think the public would criticize would they.....? I feel like the public has a 'soft spot' for Britney, and she would maybe get some 'lukewarm' reviews about how 'while her body is in top form, her dancing was not up to par as her past. but she belted out her hits looking healthy and even gave a few 'whoops' and we were happy to have her back" or some lame **** we've been hearing. 

The public is not here for britney oh who lied to you sadly britney has lost alot of respect she isnt seen as an a+ performer if she does terrible she may as well retire if she does good The public will bash her anyway even if she does well for not singing live..... that being said i really hipe if she does she give a good show a reclaims the princess of pop title if madonna did it then britney can

If we lived in a perfect world, POM would be dead and buried by then and Britney would slay the Superbowl with a brand new, fresh medley of her hits. But none of that is going to happen - the Superbowl isn't even going to happen. This is because we live in a depressing world where Britney's relevance is slipping away day by day..

Archived