Billboard Super Bowl Poll

AmberLouise

Why do y'all keep asking who BTS is when it's literally answered on the first page and every page since then? I get skimming threads, but damn. No, they won't be chosen because it is an American game, but their fans are passionate and Billboard saw it as an opportunity for clicks, since I think it's rumored they may be performing at the VMAs. 

Anyway, Britney is in second place (as of me posting this), but RiRi's not far behind.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly think that she shouldn't do the Super Bowl. :idkney:

The GP and the media don't want her. Even if she has improved performance wise, she's not taken seriously, she's not popular right now at all, and people just don't care about her. :notatall:

She needs to release her best album to date, have 1/2 successful singles, and a successful world tour : then do the Superbowl. :kisses2all:

I can see more artists that are very trendy and successful right now like The Weekend, Kanye or Rihanna for a performance at the next Super Bowl.

2 hours ago, Invitation said:

Their last album outsold Glory. To some negative people here, they might think it's not a big deal to outsell Glory. But, to a non-English speaking group, it's a really big deal. to outsell one of the biggest pop star in the world.

They have SO MANY good songs and you post the worst and most generic one sis? :awks:

1 minute ago, nels64 said:

Y'all I'm tellin you 2019 is so muh better for the superbowl. 2018 is just gonna be a POM rehash. 2019 would be far enough removed and could actually act as her 20th anniversary. Feb 2018 is a little premature. 

I agree, and if she's gonna do it she should definitely have one year free so she can practice, hire the best choreographers, etc. I don't want a SP edition of POM, i'm not here for that.

tumblr_nutbrwXWlK1ub1o0zo2_540.gif

13 hours ago, Million Billion said:

How many times has she won these polls? :ririshade2:

Imagine being 20 years into your career and still one of the most anticipated :cutebrit:

Imagine 20 years being in our fandom and voting for her in SB Billboard polls every single year

IDK how to feel bout this :girlwhat:

5 hours ago, Invitation said:

Their last album outsold Glory. To some negative people here, they might think it's not a big deal to outsell Glory. But, to a non-English speaking group, it's a really big deal. to outsell one of the biggest pop star in the world.

Well, I really don't think that it's a big deal to outsell Glory, when it didn't sell that much in the first place, but I guess then this group might be very popular, at least in the US.

I just find it weird because I have never seen anything of them, not even from Billboard. I don't follow any other artist, but I can't avoid having stories about Fifth Harmony or Selena Gomez or Bieber, etc on my feed because of the music pages that I follow, so it's really a discovery for me.

But regarding Britney, I don't know if she'll ever do the Super Bowl, but I wish she did as soon as possible, so we can finish these yearly threads and forget about it once and for all. I don't think she'll ever be more ready than this. She's in her best shape in years, which is the only thing left when she doesn't sing live and probably doesn't dance as sharp as before. Personally, I don't think the producers would even consider her as a serious option, as I always say, they've stated before they're fans of Beyoncé and Bruno and that's why they performed twice. If they even let Katy and Gaga have her own show, it's not that hard to imagine the concept they must have of Britney Spears, so I don't even think it has to do with the GP, because the GP will never have an unanimous opinion about an artist.

In the hypothetical case Britney performed at the SB, whether it turns out great or terrible, the buzz won't last more than a week, so even in the worst scenario there's nothing to fear for us the fans, especially those that might feel soooo embarrassed that her idol is "ruining her legacy". I mean, Katy tried to do an over the top show, and people only remember the shark. Gaga did an ok job, but it turned out to be a really blunt and grey performance compared to other performances she's had in the past. No one remembers that by now. 

We make such a big deal about the SB, and it is, but in this day and age, people forget very quickly, both the negative and the positive. Even if 90% of the public got mad about Britney performing, they'll forget as soon as the show finishes, and next year they're gonna have something else to complain about. It's not like the world would be over for Britney.

If that BTS band performed, I'm sure a lot of people would be like this :calculating: even if it's popular on social media. The Halftime Show it's seen not only in the US, but it's become a huge event worldwide. If Britney performs there, at least people would know who they're complaining about.

I don't really think she'll perform though. I'm sure next week she's gonna state something like, "super bowl? nah, I don't know what ya'll are talking about" :squintney:

Well, I really don't think that it's a big deal to outsell Glory, when it didn't sell that much in the first place, but I guess then this group might be very popular, at least in the US.

I just find it weird because I have never seen anything of them, not even from Billboard. I don't follow any other artist, but I can't avoid having stories about Fifth Harmony or Selena Gomez or Bieber, etc on my feed because of the music pages that I follow, so it's really a discovery for me.

They are everywhere, especially Youtube & Twitter and they've been in the BB video stories (that shows up in the forum) plenty of times, they are very popular worldwide (i would say they are even more popular Internationally than in S.K) the thing is that obviously the GP aren't so aware of them (and this too obvious since sadly lots of people are too close-minded, generalizing and judgmental when it comes to asian music, especially kpop that is very popular) that doesn't mean that they aren't popular though, they , so is really weird that you haven't heard about them. And recently they won the 'TOP SOCIAL MEDIA ARTIST' with about 300 million votes (beating Justin Bieber, Ariana, Selena and Shawn Mendes), they've been touring here in the USA this year (already ended) and it was SOLD-OUT (and also it's not the first time they've been on the USA). And yes, it's not a HUGE amount what Glory did but for a kpop group that don't get any screentime in the USA and that didn't promoted is pretty good. 

But regarding Britney, I don't know if she'll ever do the Super Bowl, but I wish she did as soon as possible, so we can finish these yearly threads and forget about it once and for all. I don't think she'll ever be more ready than this. She's in her best shape in years, which is the only thing left when she doesn't sing live and probably doesn't dance as sharp as before. Personally, I don't think the producers would even consider her as a serious option, as I always say, they've stated before they're fans of Beyoncé and Bruno and that's why they performed twice. If they even let Katy and Gaga have her own show, it's not that hard to imagine the concept they must have of Britney Spears, so I don't even think it has to do with the GP, because the GP will never have an unanimous opinion about an artist.

Honestly same, i don't consider her as a 'serious' choice neither (sadly because of how mediocre POM is and how her perfomance skill is not on point), yes, her body is looking amazing, her energy has been recovered (she's not really that consistent but is still good) but let's be real, if she's gonna offer what she's been serving in POM i'd rather her to have a nice vacation with her kids and relax, i don't want her to take the HUGE backlash she could get if her SP perfomance is not good, i don't want that pressure over her. 

In the hypothetical case Britney performed at the SB, whether it turns out great or terrible, the buzz won't last more than a week, so even in the worst scenario there's nothing to fear for us the fans, especially those that might feel soooo embarrassed that her idol is "ruining her legacy". I mean, Katy tried to do an over the top show, and people only remember the shark. Gaga did an ok job, but it turned out to be a really blunt and grey performance compared to other performances she's had in the past. No one remembers that by now. 

I liked Gaga's SP :lostney: she had the energy and i enjoyed remembering all her HITS. And yes it doesn't last more than a week but the video would be on Youtube and she would receive lots of hate day by day. If is that bad is gonna be a tainted day in her career.

If that BTS band performed, I'm sure a lot of people would be like this :calculating: even if it's popular on social media. The Halftime Show it's seen not only in the US, but it's become a huge event worldwide. If Britney performs there, at least people would know who they're complaining about.

I don't really think she'll perform though. I'm sure next week she's gonna state something like, "super bowl? nah, I don't know what ya'll are talking about" :squintney:

Yeah, SP has been more of an 'American' thing (even though is being watched all over the world so people could hate or be confused about it) but i do believe (with the good perfomers they are) they could enjoy it at the end. I don't think they will perform though, we know BB is only using them to get some nice visits and clicks on their site, nothing else. And i don't think she will perfom this year, but we will see...

tumblr_nvnujz4a5g1qduicbo3_500.gif

6 minutes ago, cheri said:

yeah that would be cool...roger waters wall tour would've been awesome too especially how gilmour joined him. metallica have said they'll more than likely never have any interest in doing it which is a shame but i get why - theyre not into gimmicks, they just like fire haha. i think eminem would be pretty awesome also, maybe as a featuring act though since he'd have to censor so much **** if he was the main act. lose yourself would go off

You know, I think Metallica doesn’t want to do it because there’s no live instruments at the super bowl. It’s all playback. There’s a lot of setup required when it comes to live bands, some bands use over 50 microphones at a time. They don’t have time to set that all up at a halftime show.

It’s a shame, I love Metallica.

Archived