Justin Tranter Says Britney Had Some "Really Cool F—ked-Up Ideas For Songs"

Jordan Miller

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NotAPassenger said:

Just Like Me, aka the best song on Glory, has you all SHOOK. 

In fairness does coming up with the concept truly count as writing it? :mattafact:

Guess so so y'all can seethe :mattafact:

Make Me, Just Like Me, Invitation, Coupure Electrique are gorj little tracks that deserve every ounce of praise :mattafact:

She is the lead writer on it soo:lemmetellu:

17 hours ago, mauureee said:

Queen of artistry :slayney:

But then the GP gets her explainig her songs like "this song is so cool and it's about someone just like me"

or "this songs is fun because it's about a slumber party with your girl friends" :wyd:

or the best of them all

gif 1k mine 7k interview 5k 2k britney spears 10k 4k 9k 6k 3k 8k

tumblr_n767xvLBAg1r9nlfxo1_250.gif

:tiffcackle:

Or the time she didn't know what OIDIA was about :sassybrit:

2 hours ago, NotAPassenger said:

Just Like Me, aka the best song on Glory, has you all SHOOK. 

In fairness does coming up with the concept truly count as writing it? :mattafact:

Guess so so y'all can seethe :mattafact:

Make Me, Just Like Me, Invitation, Coupure Electrique are gorj little tracks that deserve every ounce of praise :mattafact:

I remember reading an interview where they said Britney pretty much wrote Just Like Me by herself and Justin and Julia said they just aided her 

She really needs to be an exec producer on her albums. I think she has a good ear for music and a natural passion for writing but she isn't good at expressing herself in interviews regarding her music unless she's very comfortable with the interviewer which isn't a huge deal. Her music is at its best when she calls the shots. Imagine what Femme Fatale could have been if we got her original vision. Hopefully B10 will have even more of her influence and writing. I think she could do great writing and producing a whole album on her own. She just needs to be confident in her material and vision. 

On 2017-7-4 at 8:02 AM, breatheheavy said:
JT: Britney had some really cool ******-up ideas for songs. For one of the songs that ended up on [Glory], “Just Like Me,” she was like, 'What if we write a song where I’m so excited to go and meet with my man and I walk in and he’s hooking up with a girl who looks just like me?'"

Isn't this song's premise basically the same as "She'll Never Be Me" on her Britney album? I wouldn't say it's a "really cool and ******-up" idea since it's been done before (by her) but whatever. They're both good songs so I won't hold it against him for being basic.

She'll Never Be Me Lyrics:

"Your girl - she looks just like me,
Blond hair and dressed to a T,
You tell me how can this be,
Does she know I was the one,
Who used to turn you on,
Yeah,

But you don't want to talk about it
Well you think you can find
Someone to fill my shoes
And you ask yourself why
She dont do the things I do
And you can't deny
That everywhere you go
You see my face, hear my name
And it eats you up inside

You know I'm one of a kind
There'll never be another me
Can't get me out of your mind
You're lost in your own fantasy
And when you look in my eyes
Is it hard for you to realize
She'll never be me"

2 hours ago, Ephemeral said:

Isn't this song's premise basically the same as "She'll Never Be Me" on her Britney album? I wouldn't say it's a "really cool and ******-up" idea since it's been done before (by her) but whatever. They're both good songs so I won't hold it against him for being basic.

She'll Never Be Me Lyrics:

"Your girl - she looks just like me,
Blond hair and dressed to a T,
You tell me how can this be,
Does she know I was the one,
Who used to turn you on,
Yeah,

But you don't want to talk about it
Well you think you can find
Someone to fill my shoes
And you ask yourself why
She dont do the things I do
And you can't deny
That everywhere you go
You see my face, hear my name
And it eats you up inside

You know I'm one of a kind
There'll never be another me
Can't get me out of your mind
You're lost in your own fantasy
And when you look in my eyes
Is it hard for you to realize
She'll never be me"

I think this song, Shattered Glass, and Just Like Me are different takes on the same situation as she becomes more mature and gains life experience. I'm not saying it's intentional but it's interesting to read the lyrics of all 3 back to back. 

15 hours ago, sarahbbyy said:

It's not just about her team. Britney has a very dated style. She herself is not up with the times at all. She should try to market herself as a streaming artist, sing live, make music that is very personal or about bad relationships and that she is fed up or whatever. It's not about being a great performer nowadays. It's about being super elaborate, singing live, writing meaningful songs, writing period!

She should even perform or be featured on younger artist's songs to make it look like the legend that she is whom everyone wants to work with. She needs to use twitter to connect with the younger crowds, make bold statements, talk to her fans through social media and let everyone know when she is going to release music. She could also be really cryptic and post pictures that have hidden messages.

I don't know... She just has to be updated and spend more time around Hollywood, with other artists, or just try to keep her eyes open with what is going on around her. She has been cooped up in her little cage for too long and she now has to explore what the current industry is like. She needs to present herself as a super cocky persona who thinks she is a boss. I love her goofy side but she should save that for interviews and have a lot of attitude when on stage. She needs to write songs with Ed Sheeran, Drake, The Weeknd but without featuring them in songs; just write with them like everyone else.

If writing songs is so important then why the hell is Beyonce so famous? :gimmemoar:

15 hours ago, sarahbbyy said:

It's not just about her team. Britney has a very dated style. She herself is not up with the times at all. She should try to market herself as a streaming artist, sing live, make music that is very personal or about bad relationships and that she is fed up or whatever. It's not about being a great performer nowadays. It's about being super elaborate, singing live, writing meaningful songs, writing period!

She should even perform or be featured on younger artist's songs to make it look like the legend that she is whom everyone wants to work with. She needs to use twitter to connect with the younger crowds, make bold statements, talk to her fans through social media and let everyone know when she is going to release music. She could also be really cryptic and post pictures that have hidden messages.

I don't know... She just has to be updated and spend more time around Hollywood, with other artists, or just try to keep her eyes open with what is going on around her. She has been cooped up in her little cage for too long and she now has to explore what the current industry is like. She needs to present herself as a super cocky persona who thinks she is a boss. I love her goofy side but she should save that for interviews and have a lot of attitude when on stage. She needs to write songs with Ed Sheeran, Drake, The Weeknd but without featuring them in songs; just write with them like everyone else.

You are right about being a great performer isn't as important anymore. Whenever I show friends (who are all under 18) old performances of Britney, they dont see really that impressed. Which I found weird, but I guess tastes change. 

24 minutes ago, JJones12992 said:

If writing songs is so important then why the hell is Beyonce so famous? :gimmemoar:

If we are going to be honest here the illusion of being an artist is more important than being one. I see a lot of younger artists get praise for tracks they clearly didn't write or sing but they pull faux deep acts in interviews so people THINK they're writing all of their own music. 

4 hours ago, JJones12992 said:

Beyonce, like Britney, is already an established artist. However, the former has kept up her reputation, is known as the second coming of Jesus when it comes to music, and is still selling millions. Britney is known as a legacy act now whereas Beyonce keeps growing her music while still appealing to the fan base that has stayed with her. Most of the people who loved Britney in the past only love the old her for now.

Archived