"Our very own pop princess, now Queen of Pop"

LouisL

"To bring you a special bulletin from the intercontinental radio news. 
Our very own pop princess, now Queen of Pop, 
Has a special announcement she would like to make"

The question is, she started to address herself as the Queen of Pop 10 years ago and what has happened that made her team change it back to the PRINCESS of Pop???:byebitch:

So is it like

"our very own then pop princess,

former queen of pop,

now princess of pop again

Has a special announcement she will like to make"

Now that all these it girls are called the princess of pop i feel very annoyed.

BTW, kill the lights is such a timeless bop, it deserves a better video and success.:sassybrit:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh i don't consider her (britney) as the queen of pop

15 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

She's the Princess, period. Madonna is the Queen because she's on a whole nother level.

All these other people beneath Britney aren't a fraction of what she was either so they remain peasants.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, ohoney said:

Tbh i don't consider her (britney) as the queen of pop

yeah i know, for sure

but in the years of 2007-2009 ish

people would consider her as the new queen of pop...

but now, i don't see anybody can possibly be the next Madonna:triggered:

9 minutes ago, Bom Park said:

You don't like me I don't like you it don't matter :carpoolney:

only difference you still listen i dont have to:brit:

I think she deserves the title princess of pop. She's not a queen. She may be my queen but she's not the queen. And it's not because madonna has the title (which she totally deserves) it's because in my mind britney achieved pop royalty when she was younger. She has done nothing in her older years to become a queen. Nothing's been iconic.

1 hour ago, naturalplayboy said:

I think she deserves the title princess of pop. She's not a queen. She may be my queen but she's not the queen. And it's not because madonna has the title (which she totally deserves) it's because in my mind britney achieved pop royalty when she was younger. She has done nothing in her older years to become a queen. Nothing's been iconic.

i disagree. Example A: :milkney:  (that is more iconic the anything Madonna has done in the past five years!!!)

2 hours ago, LouisL said:

people would consider her as the new queen of pop...

:ehno: No, that was just the songwriters claiming that, no one else did.

I'm just going to copy/paste what I said in the thread about Selena Gomez being a Princess of Pop:

But see, the reason why Michael is the King/Madge is the Queen/Britney is the Princess is because these were things that were claimed by many in the media/GP and were never disputed. People disclaiming Britney as the Princess because of her age is dumb; age doesn't factor into the title.

It's like things that are actually "iconic" having to include the GP's opinion as a majority as well. You can't just slap a title or word on something and make it so unless most people agree (in entertainment, anyway). :yaknow:

Granted, the industry is different now, but those are still things that are uncontested.

Side note, Kill The Lights is still a major bop.

Archived