Wow - how quick has that gone...

Bxnes

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember when this came out, i was blown away.

The song itself is amazing

The single cover amazed me so much

Her vocals are so good in it and the song sounded so fresh

I was literally convinced the song would blow up because of the views, effort, and freshness of it, i was so excited for the upcoming era

But then they ******* SHAT ALL OVER IT :otears: ******* mess

On 11/07/2017 at 0:30 AM, PokemonSpears said:

It was around the time I got my job, my first job. It was so depressing :donewithit:  lol but this new song kept me going. I don't remember if Hands came out before or after Make Me..., but I used to listen to both :mhm:

The new era felt so promising. Then we had the Private Show ad, and I was like yas! :yesplease: The videos are gonna be awesome :crying1: But we all know the story :crying1: I mean, the SP video is great and everything, but it was not a good choice for a single.

Can they just start again and do things right this time? :crying1:

SP is gold and you have to deal with it

I know you are slumber party hater but brit flopped just because she is lazy and her promotion plan sucks, stop blaming the good music .... if  she cared more about her career everything would have been different 

tumblr_oj03t4wZzN1u6n38po1_400.gif

also, mm is perfection, team britney and britney really killed the song with the horrible decisions 

On 11/07/2017 at 1:38 AM, Jay Holiday said:

What are you talking about ? Work ***** went number 1 on iTunes in like 41 countries :girlwhat:

WB blocked by Wrecking Ball:tiffcackle:

Pretty gurls blocked by See you again  :urite:

Make me slayed really slayed... I hate team B :triggered:

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You
On 10/07/2017 at 4:38 PM, Jay Holiday said:

What are you talking about ? Work ***** went number 1 on iTunes in like 41 countries :girlwhat:

Miley blocked WB

2 hours ago, JP9101 said:

SP is gold and you have to deal with it

I know you are slumber party hater but brit flopped just because she is lazy and her promotion plan sucks, stop blaming the good music .... if  she cared more about her career everything would have been different 

tumblr_oj03t4wZzN1u6n38po1_400.gif

also, mm is perfection, team britney and britney really killed the song with the horrible decisions 

The horrible decision was SP as the second single. Even MM, for more beautiful that it is, it shouldn't have been the lead single. DYWCO had to be the lead, MM the second, then keep releasing the obvious single tracks, like Liar, Better, even one of my least favorites, Love Me Down, and only then, release something like Slumber Party to close the era, when it doesn't matter if the single flops because she already released several singles. SP is like DLMBTLTK or FTBOMBH, Criminal, Boys, etc. It is not a Stronger kind of single, or Lucky, or a Toxic kind of single, not even a Circus kind of single. Two slow songs in a row was a mistake.

I'm here for Britney trying different things, but if they're not gonna be able to deal with the flopage and keep releasing singles no matter how low they chart, then they should release the ones that are closer to what the public expects from Britney, and then experiment with the, different ones.

If I knew they were going to release those 4 or 5 hits the executive was talking about back in 2016, no matter what, then I wouldn't care what they release first, because I know they're releasing something else for sure. But if they're gonna scrap the whole era the moment a single flops, then they should stay away from those experiments.

17 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

The horrible decision was SP as the second single. Even MM, for more beautiful that it is, it shouldn't have been the lead single. DYWCO had to be the lead, MM the second, then keep releasing the obvious single tracks, like Liar, Better, even one of my least favorites, Love Me Down, and only then, release something like Slumber Party to close the era, when it doesn't matter if the single flops because she already released several singles. SP is like DLMBTLTK or FTBOMBH, Criminal, Boys, etc. It is not a Stronger kind of single, or Lucky, or a Toxic kind of single, not even a Circus kind of single. Two slow songs in a row was a mistake.

I'm here for Britney trying different things, but if they're not gonna be able to deal with the flopage and keep releasing singles no matter how low they chart, then they should release the ones that are closer to what the public expects from Britney, and then experiment with the, different ones.

If I knew they were going to release those 4 or 5 hits the executive was talking about back in 2016, no matter what, then I wouldn't care what they release first, because I know they're releasing something else for sure. But if they're gonna scrap the whole era the moment a single flops, then they should stay away from those experiments.

No sis you still wrong 

go and see the light 

sp was an amazing song and choice for single... no promo was the reason why flopping

27 minutes ago, JP9101 said:

No sis you still wrong 

go and see the light 

sp was an amazing song and choice for single... no promo was the reason why flopping

With no promo DYWCO managed to get more streams than any other album track, including several of her official singles on Spotify. It even stayed above Slumber Party some weeks after the video premiered. So no promo wasn't the problem.

MM despite everything and the scrapped video, if you see the streaming on Spotify, and the audio clip on VEVO, it did waaay better than Slumber Party, even with its great videoclip, and I'm talking before the VMA's or any of her other "promo performances" seen by Exhalers.

There was a time when Slumber Party had even more views than Chantaje by Shakira, how can we forget that thread? People were aware of the video, it even made it to 9gag. It just didn't stick, because it wasn't bad, but it wasn't that amazing either. The song was a bad choice for a single.

1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

With no promo DYWCO managed to get more streams than any other album track, including several of her official singles on Spotify. It even stayed above Slumber Party some weeks after the video premiered. So no promo wasn't the problem.

MM despite everything and the scrapped video, if you see the streaming on Spotify, and the audio clip on VEVO, it did waaay better than Slumber Party, even with its great videoclip, and I'm talking before the VMA's or any of her other "promo performances" seen by Exhalers.

There was a time when Slumber Party had even more views than Chantaje by Shakira, how can we forget that thread? People were aware of the video, it even made it to 9gag. It just didn't stick, because it wasn't bad, but it wasn't that amazing either. The song was a bad choice for a single.

No,no ...dywco was a promote track 

had its own opportunity on gma and gp didn't show interest 

then slumber party did better on Spotify but the promo was awful 

slumber party >>> dywco

all life :urite:

Don't remind me.  :otears:

It's too depressing to remember how EXCITED we were. I remember all the hype - the BBMA's performance, the Private Show commercial, Hands, etc. It looked like it was FINALLY going to be an iconic era. I had such high hopes for this song and Glory. Then, as we all know, it all went to hell. I love this song and I still listen to it. That damn video ruined everything! I'll never get over it...

:sobbing:

13 minutes ago, JP9101 said:

No,no ...dywco was a promote track 

had its own opportunity on gma and gp didn't show interest 

then slumber party did better on Spotify but the promo was awful 

slumber party >>> dywco

all life :urite:

DYWCO was a promo track, one week before the album came out, and yet it did way better than Private Show and Clumsy which came out before, and PS even got a mini ad and a perfume.

DYWCO wasn't performed at GMA, but the Today show, which I don't know if someone really watches, so it can't be counted as promo, at least as effective promo, like the VMA's or a truly important show, or as an official music video.

You say GP didn't show interest, but if DYWCO is so disliked by fans, whose favorite songs are SP, Just Luv Me, LMD, CYM and all the most boring tracks one can think of, then who's giving DYWCO those 11M streams? You'll tell me that's thanks to me? :whitney: I repeat, if the logic was that it got those plays because it was a promo single, FOR ONE WEEK, then Private Show and Clumsy, should have way more streams, in proportion to the weeks of anticipation they were released with. PS was promoted in her social media, and the ad even premiered at ET which I'm sure has so much more viewers than the Today show.

DYWCO didn't have a chance, it didn't have not even an audio clip on VEVO. SP got an official video, a bunch of remixes, and none of that worked, because it wasn't a good single. IWG had zero promo, and it became her most watched video at the time, just like WB, even PG became her fastest certified video even if it was for negative reasons, but the point is that there are songs that have the potential to become either a hit, like IWG or WB, even MM reaching a bit, or cause controversy like PG. Slumber Party is just a nice song, but that's it. There's nothing more to it, and a Tinashe collaboration gave it exactly zero extra points. I mean, even Perfume did better with the same amount of promo :idkney:, I don't know what else do we need to accept that SP was not a good choice for a single, even if it's a good song.

8 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

DYWCO was a promo track, one week before the album came out, and yet it did way better than Private Show and Clumsy which came out before, and PS even got a mini ad and a perfume.

DYWCO wasn't performed at GMA, but the Today show, which I don't know if someone really watches, so it can't be counted as promo, at least as effective promo, like the VMA's or a truly important show, or as an official music video.

You say GP didn't show interest, but if DYWCO is so disliked by fans, whose favorite songs are SP, Just Luv Me, LMD, CYM and all the most boring tracks one can think of, then who's giving DYWCO those 11M streams? You'll tell me that's thanks to me? :whitney: I repeat, if the logic was that it got those plays because it was a promo single, FOR ONE WEEK, then Private Show and Clumsy, should have way more streams, in proportion to the weeks of anticipation they were released with. PS was promoted in her social media, and the ad even premiered at ET which I'm sure has so much more viewers than the Today show.

DYWCO didn't have a chance, it didn't have not even an audio clip on VEVO. SP got an official video, a bunch of remixes, and none of that worked, because it wasn't a good single. IWG had zero promo, and it became her most watched video at the time, just like WB, even PG became her fastest certified video even if it was for negative reasons, but the point is that there are songs that have the potential to become either a hit, like IWG or WB, even MM reaching a bit, or cause controversy like PG. Slumber Party is just a nice song, but that's it. There's nothing more to it, and a Tinashe collaboration gave it exactly zero extra points. I mean, even Perfume did better with the same amount of promo :idkney:, I don't know what else do we need to accept that SP was not a good choice for a single, even if it's a good song.

:tiffcackle:

Archived