TRL Retuns To MTV In October Will The Queen Of TRL Britney Return?

IconicShow

8 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

Younger me wants to be excited; older me realizes this'll mostly be showcasing music and newer acts I don't care about. I'm torn. 

giphy%2010_zps4xvxbs6c.gif

I guess if it helps the younger generation connect to music and artists, then that's all that matters. I hope they enjoy it like we did.

Perfection, and Accurate is this post/gif!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Gimme More: Peak #4

Piece of Me: Peak #3

Break the Ice: Peak #8

Womanizer: TRL premiere, but by the time it was out, the show was already wrapping up, airing themed countdowns of past videos. There was no current countdown anymore.

Youre honestly a britney encyclopedia! Slay :giggleney:

If it's TRL it will be the most requested videos.

They've always introduced new artists many that are still performing and releasing albums today.

MTV is also bringing back more music oriented programming aside from TRL.

I think if people watch ratchet Teen Mom why not see Harry Styles, Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Miley, and so many others that will probably be back.

8 hours ago, Isla. said:

TRL was such a cool show, but will it survive in this day and age? Back then it was a great amount of promo for an artist but nowadays we have youtube and streaming. 

I think for an artist t.v. exposure is huge especially if your song is playing on the daily or if you go on and perform it or promote it.

I think it's great it's coming back we've all been waiting for this, I'm here for it.

This is so pointless. Kids now have access to their faves instantly on YouTube, Snapchat, and Instagram so a music video and small interview show will be pointless for them. And really is it me or when a lot of us were kids and teens there wasn't all this remake, revamp, and re boot bull ****? I get it the entertainment business kind of sucks now and people miss those better times but maybe everything wouldn't be **** now if people were spending all that wasted time trying to create something good and NEW instead of desperately trying to relive the 90s year after year.

13 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Gimme More: Peak #4

Piece of Me: Peak #3

Break the Ice: Peak #8

Womanizer: TRL premiere, but by the time it was out, the show was already wrapping up, airing themed countdowns of past videos. There was no current countdown anymore.

Thanks!! Where did you get the numbers btw? 

4 hours ago, IconicShow said:

I think for an artist t.v. exposure is huge especially if your song is playing on the daily or if you go on and perform it or promote it.

I think it's great it's coming back we've all been waiting for this, I'm here for it.

That's true. well then let's see if TRL will be a success.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2017 at 11:18 PM, GemmaTeller said:

This is so pointless. Kids now have access to their faves instantly on YouTube, Snapchat, and Instagram so a music video and small interview show will be pointless for them. And really is it me or when a lot of us were kids and teens there wasn't all this remake, revamp, and re boot bull ****? I get it the entertainment business kind of sucks now and people miss those better times but maybe everything wouldn't be **** now if people were spending all that wasted time trying to create something good and NEW instead of desperately trying to relive the 90s year after year.

This. And TRL was mostly for a younger demo back then. Today, Kids barely watch tv these days lol everything is on their phones. I have nieces who are preteens and teens and even getting them to watch a 30 minute show is like asking them to tear off their own arm lol. Kids don't care about tv and older ppl aren't checking for TRL anymore. That's why other countdown shows got cancelled. The formula was broken 

9 minutes ago, DoSomething954 said:

This. And TRL was mostly for a younger demo back then. Today, Kids barely watch tv these days lol everything is on their phones. I have nieces who are preteens and teens and even getting them to watch a 30 minute show is like asking them to tear off their own arm lol. Kids don't care about tv and older ppl aren't checking for TRL anymore. That's why other countdown shows got cancelled. The formula was broken 

Well TRL was never canceled they left on their own accord, besides music was dying and being eliminated from networks.

Music programming returning is great especially now that we have DVR or Demand and when we have to work or have plans we can watch it in our own time.

I get that the Internet has taken over but MTV's plan to go live for 5 hours they will be breaking news and making news before it hits the net.

Okay, so I get that people want the music back on MTV and people miss TRL, but I just don't think people understand ratings. People are not going to tune into MTV in the middle of the day to watch a show that was famous for premiering videos and seeing artists when we can now do that on our smart phones instantly. At one time it was essential bc that was the only way to see videos, but now, what's the point really? Of course, I will be watching, but I don't see enough people tuning in to make the show successful again. I mean, there is a reason it ended in the first place. I hope for the best though!

On another note, I don't like the choices for hosts. First, there should only be one. That rapper has been on MTV for and I just don't think he'd make for a great host. Carson was just this average white guy but was original and very likable. I get tired of how they try so hard to connect with teens and how ****** and over the top MTV and their personalities are a lot of the time and with Teen Mom and Catfish and Girl Code I just want them to have normal hosts for TRL. Not someone who is on Wild N Out and is vulgar and cusses all the time. They need an average Joe style host like Carson was. But who knows....I've never even heard of the other guy! Maybe he'll be good.

And also, I understand wanting to be "gender neutral" with awards, but I just don't like it. It's not fun. I like artists getting more chances to win. When you combine everything not as many people get to be nominated and I honestly do not see the problem with an award for males and an award for females. They are two different genders and are NOT the same. That's how we were made! I'm tired of everything having to be so damn politically correct these days. It drives me absolutely crazy!  

On 7/10/2017 at 7:32 AM, IconicShow said:

McCarthy is also developing a reality show about gender-nonconforming teens called We Are They, and he’s going all in on gender neutrality at MTV. He’s already made the acting categories in MTV’s annual Movie and TV Awards gender neutral, and soon, the Video Music Awards’ Moonman trophy will instead be called the Moon Person.

:grimace:

Archived