TRL Retuns To MTV In October Will The Queen Of TRL Britney Return?

IconicShow

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't think Britney would be taken in consideration unless we ask hard for her. But we're not that powerful anymore. We couldn't even make her win on those radio Saturday polls or whatever they were called.

They sure will use her as a way to promote the show, and bring back the nostalgia, but as everybody has said in this thread, there'll only be place for the newer artists. Whenever they release videos they will be included on the top automatically but if Britney releases anything in the upcoming months, we would have to fill them with requests for her to even make it to the top 10.

This made me sad because it's so true. :(

1 minute ago, Vessel. said:

Educate me please :triggered:

TRL was a regular daytime show on MTV where they would hold a Top 10 countdown of the most requested music videos that day. In between videos, they would have audience segments, sometimes artists would drop by to help with the countdown, promote their videos or music, interviews or perform in studio or in Times Square.

1 minute ago, Vessel. said:

Educate me please :triggered:

On what, sis? TRL?

TRL = Total Request Live. It was a top ten countdown that was purely based on fanbases calling in and requesting in order to get their favorites videos bumped up to the top spots for the day, and it'd also have guests on it: music acts, actors, etc. Sometimes they'd just come in for interviews, sometimes they'd come in to host the show/co-host with Carson, sometimes they'd come to perform. Occasionally the show would be themed and dedicated to a certain artist. It also plays a fairly sizable part of Britney's past/success.

Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

TRL was a regular daytime show on MTV where they would hold a Top 10 countdown of the most requested music videos that day. In between videos, they would have audience segments, sometimes artists would drop by to help with the countdown, promote their videos or music, interviews or perform in studio or in Times Square.

Cool :giggleney:

What was the last Britney video to appear on TRL?...Gimme More, Piece of Me, Break the Ice, Womanizer? Womanizer video may not have come out before TRL ended, but I feel like no Blackout singles ever appeared on the countdown...like MTV wasnt there for her after the VMA performance/breakdown. 

PS the grapejuice link is down now and there are no other mainstream reports about TRL coming back, so. I assume the story is false

"TRL returns". For what for? :girlwhat:

MTV has been long gone and far away from music this decade, even the VMA is a joke now. If they want to aproach the new audience to music again that's the dumbest way to do it, these kiddos will not wait to see the top10 when they can grab their smartphones and watch videos on YouTube  :lemmetellu:

Just imagine quick interviews with Halsey, Jason Derulo, Shawn Mendes or that girl who plays the guitar and nobody knows her name between the countdown, only to find out the top 3 are The Chainsmokers, DJ Khaled and Megan Trainor  :tiffcackle:

:gross:

29 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I miss this Britney so much. Watching this made me kinda sad. Her personality was another reason why she was so damn big. She was REAL, didn't care about being goofy... Ugh current Britney is getting there but is still a car cry from this Britney. It's like she's scared to be herself now n days ( totally understandable ). 

27 minutes ago, Army1 said:

What was the last Britney video to appear on TRL?...Gimme More, Piece of Me, Break the Ice, Womanizer? Womanizer video may not have come out before TRL ended, but I feel like no Blackout singles ever appeared on the countdown...like MTV wasnt there for her after the VMA performance/breakdown. 

PS the grapejuice link is down now and there are no other mainstream reports about TRL coming back, so. I assume the story is false

Gimme More: Peak #4

Piece of Me: Peak #3

Break the Ice: Peak #8

Womanizer: TRL premiere, but by the time it was out, the show was already wrapping up, airing themed countdowns of past videos. There was no current countdown anymore.

Most videos these days are boring as hell, how are they gonna make a show out of that when everyone can look at that **** on their phone anytime they want. 

TRL was my **** back in the day but it's not gonna work now. There'd have to be some major twist on it. If they make it good and include more than 5 artist I'll put it on in the background while I work but good luck to them getting fans to stand in Times Square for it

:tiffcackle:

Archived