LET'S SUPPOSE

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, button said:

Not 6 shows including Wembley stadium :dead:

But it would only be one London date... with the Circus Tour she did twice as that in London (she just spread the shows out in 8/9 02 Arena sold out dates). Yeah, I know a lot of water has passed in Britney's river since then, but she could pull that as it'll be her first show here in the UK in almost a decade too (that 'private' date last year doesn't count, many fans entered the contest and didn't have the luck to be picked, me included and I used everyone's AM account in my family). The UK has always loved Britney, she isn't as weak as it seems here, FFT didn't sell out here cause she had been here just 2 years before and everyone compared the Circus Tour which was a hell of a show, especially when compared to Low Budget Fatale. If I was part of her team, she would for sure sell out...

2 hours ago, danny1994 said:

They’d probably have to give away 40,000 tickets :tiffcackle:

I wasn't ready:dead:

2 hours ago, button said:

so u're basically saying she needs a hit to sell the tickets.

German radio has been a Britney hater for a while. Their media is harsh on her too. I'm not sure if a simple visit or promo can reverse that.

Well her X Factor performance did wonders for her here, she sold more tickets than she had done in any other tour, primeney or non-primeney, and Womanizer went on to outsell hits like Toxic which was huge here. But it depends on how they play their cards button, Britney is still a strong name (at least here) and they can reverse the flopage that she's been through lately. And yeah, a big hit helps a lot, Halsey is literally headlining an international arena tour due to a hit which she was merely featured at. But of course they'd have to go to big ceremonies like the X Factor and such and such, not that cheap talk show she visited last time here. Now, I agree with you about the 20th Anniversary hype, thinking about it I don't think that alone would help her selling out Germany dates, I feel like it'll be big in the US (IF her team hypes it up, which includes a lot of factors) but the hype won't make it outside America, don't u feel the same way?

3 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

I mean, let’s be real. Wembley Stadium can hold 90,000. I’m not sure she would sell 50,000. She sold 55,000 in Israel but that was her first time ever performing there.

I get what u mean, but she did way more with the Circus Tour... If we (British fans) got some killer promo performances in big ceremonies and 1/2 big hits I could see it happening.

Of course when I say this, a lot of work would have to be done, I'm not delusional, no way Britney could sell out a stadium date with the attitude she has been having since the FFT (crap show worth $9,99, tweets dates and sits in her sofa until the opening night), in 2011 she still did some promo performances actually, but they only harmed her. I see why it's kinda hard to believe, as her team nowadays doesn't promote her shows anymore, but a stadium date could only come with real efforts from them.

1 minute ago, Cyclops said:

"20th year aniversary hype"

What hype are you talking about?

If they use that, release an album which benefits of that hype and then announce a tour it helps selling tickets... specially if she included '20th Anniversary' or '20 Years' in the title :wtfdidusay: Tina Turner did something similar in 2009 and outgrossed the Circus Tour that year... but I think that'll only have an impact in America, 

30 minutes ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

But it would only be one London date... with the Circus Tour she did twice as that in London (she just spread the shows out in 8/9 02 Arena sold out dates). Yeah, I know a lot of water has passed in Britney's river since then, but she could pull that as it'll be her first show here in the UK in almost a decade too (that 'private' date last year doesn't count, many fans entered the contest and didn't have the luck to be picked, me included and I used everyone's AM account in my family). The UK has always loved Britney, she isn't as weak as it seems here, FFT didn't sell out here cause she had been here just 2 years before and everyone compared the Circus Tour which was a hell of a show, especially when compared to Low Budget Fatale. If I was part of her team, she would for sure sell out...

Wembley stadium (90k capacity) + other dates sounds like suicide to me. There's no way she can pull it off. Yeah it's been almost a decade since her last show in the UK but she didn't leave things on good terms like in Japan for example (last visit in 2002) and she did nothing to redeem herself since. No hit song, no acclaimed performance, nothing. You're free to believe those tour dates will sell well. I don't. :hype:

30 minutes ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

Well her X Factor performance did wonders for her here, she sold more tickets than she had done in any other tour, primeney or non-primeney, and Womanizer went on to outsell hits like Toxic which was huge here. But it depends on how they play their cards button, Britney is still a strong name (at least here) and they can reverse the flopage that she's been through lately. And yeah, a big hit helps a lot, Halsey is literally headlining an international arena tour due to a hit which she was merely featured at. But of course they'd have to go to big ceremonies like the X Factor and such and such, not that cheap talk show she visited last time here. Now, I agree with you about the 20th Anniversary hype, thinking about it I don't think that alone would help her selling out Germany dates, I feel like it'll be big in the US (IF her team hypes it up, which includes a lot of factors) but the hype won't make it outside America, don't u feel the same way?

Her X factor performance back in 2008 was actually source of a big backlash and the reason why she hasn't done well since. Womanizer was already a hit before she performed on the show. The song isn't as big u think it was, it outsold (barely) Toxic because it was released when digital sales were great, meanwhile Toxic was released when the singles market was transitioning. Physical sales were dying and digital sales hadn't taken off well yet.

Isn't Halsey booking arenas but only using half of them tho?

I think u should really go easy on the multi-dates in European countries. She hasn't been relevant in some of them since Toxic. :receipts2:

The fans are probably the only ones who care about this 20th anniversay thing let's be real. :receipts2:

7 minutes ago, On the Scene said:

The kind that only exists in the fans' minds. :ricackle:

Hun, Tina Turner literally titled a tour 'Tina!: 50th Anniversary Tour' and outgrossed Britney's most successful tour:wyd:

12 minutes ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

I get what u mean, but she did way more with the Circus Tour... If we (British fans) got some killer promo performances in big ceremonies and 1/2 big hits I could see it happening.

Of course when I say this, a lot of work would have to be done, I'm not delusional, no way Britney could sell out a stadium date with the attitude she has been having since the FFT (crap show worth $9,99, tweets dates and sits in her sofa until the opening night), in 2011 she still did some promo performances actually, but they only harmed her. I see why it's kinda hard to believe, as her team nowadays doesn't promote her shows anymore, but a stadium date could only come with real efforts from them.

Yeah, and I don't see real effort coming from them, lol.

I hope you get another show. How about Wembley Arena instead? haha.

48 minutes ago, button said:

Wembley stadium (90k capacity) + other dates sounds like suicide to me. There's no way she can pull it off. Yeah it's been almost a decade since her last show in the UK but she didn't leave things on good terms like in Japan for example (last visit in 2002) and she did nothing to redeem herself since. No hit song, no acclaimed performance, nothing. You're free to believe those tour dates will sell well. I don't. :hype:

Her X factor performance back in 2008 was actually source of a big backlash and the reason why she hasn't done well since. Womanizer was already a hit before she performed on the show. The song isn't as big u think it was, it outsold (barely) Toxic because it was released when digital sales were great, meanwhile Toxic was released when the singles market was transitioning. Physical sales were dying and digital sales hadn't taken off well yet.

Isn't Halsey booking arenas but only using half of them tho?

I think u should really go easy on the multi-dates in European countries. She hasn't been relevant in some of them since Toxic. :receipts2:

The fans are probably the only ones who care about this 20th anniversay thing. :receipts2:

True, she did not leave things on good terms, but the long wait overweights that, didn't this crap low budget Asian show do well in Asia, with barely any promo (Tel Aviv aside which they spent some bucks on promotion, even tho she didn't land a feet there until the show)? Didn't her worst show ever (aka Low Budget Fatale Tour) do 45k in Mexico when she had a free show the day after, when the last time she had been there she left on the worst possible terms with a huge scandal, after she left the stage not even halfway through the show? Let me add that she did no promo for the Mexican shows, which were not only in one city, and had she last been in the country in 2002 too, with no highlight/acclaimed performance there

But the anniversary thing does create some hype, especially in America, Tina Turner literally titled her 2009 tour 'Tina!: 50th Anniversary Tour' and outgrossed the Circus Tour despite having less dates (50 year career x 10 year career).

Thank's for the info on Womanizer btw, I see why it beat Toxic now, but let's not forget that Womanizer's her highest selling single as the lead artist there post breakdown, I'd say an X Factor finale being watched by over 7m British people contributed.

Yeah, the performance was criticized by a lot of people. Still, Britney literally managed to sell (out) 140k tickets for London only after a highly criticized performance as you say, what makes you think she wouldn't sell 90k with a few highly praised performanceS instead almost a decade after? Button, don't get me wrong, I'm not delusional, no way she could sell out a stadium without a lot of effort, she could IF she did everything right, as she sold way more with the Circus Tour when its promo performances were criticized (although she hasn't topped any since then). I think you're under estimating her power here, I went to the venue she was performing at when she came here and I know the chaos that was around there, I asked a member of staff if by any chance some fans could not show up so I could get their ticket and the response was: that line was closed 9 hours ago, usually everyone turns up AND it's Britney Spears. That was her bringing a watered down version of POM, with no promo or anything (she didn't need any). But yeah as I said, no way she can sell out if her team uses the FFT strategy. But I see why it's hard for you to believe as her team won't probably do anything special, I had a plan backing up why it'd take her there, but if they just tweet show dates and sit back, then an arena would be alright to accommodate Britney's crowd:tiffcackle:

59 minutes ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

Hun, Tina Turner literally titled a tour 'Tina!: 50th Anniversary Tour' and outgrossed Britney's most successful tour:wyd:

Tina Turner is widely beloved and respected as an artist, always known to put on a great show for the many decades she has been an entertainer. 

Britney isn't really seen in as positive a light, nor is she taken as seriously. So do I think that she will have some super successful tour and album just bc it's her 20th anniversary? No, I don't. 

And right now, there is absolutely no hype. 

16 minutes ago, On the Scene said:

Tina Turner is widely beloved and respected as an artist, always known to put on a great show for the many decades she has been an entertainer. 

Britney isn't really seen in as positive a light, nor is she taken as seriously. So do I think that she will have some super successful tour and album just bc it's her 20th anniversary? No, I don't. 

And right now, there is absolutely no hype. 

Britney is also widely beloved, hence why she just took a crap show to Asia without having a hit there in ages and still sold out most of the dates, imagine if the tour had the 20th Anniversary thing on the title... Right now there's no hype because the 20th Anniversary is next year lol.

41 minutes ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

True, she did not leave things on good terms, but the long wait overweights that, didn't this crap low budget Asian show do well in Asia, with barely any promo (Tel Aviv aside which they spent some bucks on promotion, even tho she didn't land a feet there until the show)? Didn't her worst show ever (aka Low Budget Fatale Tour) do 45k in Mexico when she had a free show the day after, when the last time she had been there she left on the worst possible terms with a huge scandal, after she left the stage not even halfway through the show? Let me add that she did no promo for the Mexican shows, which were not only in one city, and had she last been in the country in 2002 too, with no highlight/acclaimed performance there

But the anniversary thing does create some hype, especially in America, Tina Turner literally titled her 2009 tour 'Tina!: 50th Anniversary Tour' and outgrossed the Circus Tour despite having less dates (50 year career x 10 year career).

Thank's for the info on Womanizer btw, I see why it beat Toxic now, but let's not forget that Womanizer's her highest selling single as the lead artist there post breakdown, I'd say an X Factor finale being watched by over 7m British people contributed.

Yeah, the performance was criticized by a lot of people. Still, Britney literally managed to sell (out) 140k tickets for London only after a highly criticized performance as you say, what makes you think she wouldn't sell 90k with a few highly praised performanceS instead almost a decade after? Button, don't get me wrong, I'm not delusional, no way she could sell out a stadium without a lot of effort, she could IF she did everything right, as she sold way more with the Circus Tour when its promo performances were criticized (although she hasn't topped any since then). I think you're under estimating her power here, I went to the venue she was performing at when she came here and I know the chaos that was around there, I asked a member of staff if by any chance some fans could not show up so I could get their ticket and the response was: that line was closed 9 hours ago, usually everyone turns up AND it's Britney Spears. That was her bringing a watered down version of POM, with no promo or anything (she didn't need any). But yeah as I said, no way she can sell out if her team uses the FFT strategy. But I see why it's hard for you to believe as her team won't probably do anything special, I had a plan backing up why it'd take her there, but if they just tweet show dates and sit back, then an arena would be alright to accommodate Britney's crowd:tiffcackle:

After the Mexico incident she had In the Zone era and released Toxic. After Circus era, what did she have in the UK? It's not the same situation.

well u have to keep in mind that the Circus tour itself and FFT tour did damage to her touring appeal so i don't think that recreating the same promos and strategy will give the same results. I feel like a big part of the damage she has done to her brand is irreversible or at least won't be fixed in the space of a couple of months.

u also suppose that Britney will give 'killer performances' and i just don't see that happening. Thats why i keeping my expectations very low regarding the success of this tour.

32 minutes ago, button said:

After the Mexico incident she had In the Zone era and released Toxic. After Circus era, what did she have in the UK? It's not the same situation.

well u have to keep in mind that the Circus tour itself and FFT tour did damage to her touring appeal so i don't think that recreating the same promos and strategy will give the same results. I feel like a big part of the damage she has done to her brand is irreversible or at least won't be fixed in the space of a couple of months.

u also suppose that Britney will give 'killer performances' and i just don't see that happening. Thats why i keeping my expectations very low regarding the success of this tour.

True, although ITZ happened a year later the scandal, which leaves an 8 year span between, the fact she didn't land a feet there for a decade also doesn't help.

And yeah, I also think that part of what she burned can't be earned back instantly, but that's why I don't trust her to do 140k anymore like she did with the Circus Tour. These past few years were the years that she should have worked as hard as as soon as she hits 40 it'll be officially uncool to like her like someone once said around here, although the current situation isn't much different, she should be establishing her name right now.

Yeah, that's what I mean, it's hard to believe Britney will decide to change anything at 35 when she doesn't care since she was 29. I'm quite positive and even I find it hard to believe so it's totally understandable... do you personally think she'll change her attitude next era or we'll more of the usual ****?

37 minutes ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

Britney is also widely beloved, hence why she just took a crap show to Asia without having a hit there in ages and still sold out most of the dates, imagine if the tour had the 20th Anniversary thing on the title... Right now there's no hype because the 20th Anniversary is next year lol.

Call me a pessimist, but I don't see there being a lot of excitement for such a tour. At least in the US. She'll have to do something great that draws crowds for there to be hype *next year*. 

2 hours ago, On the Scene said:

Call me a pessimist, but I don't see there being a lot of excitement for such a tour. At least in the US. She'll have to do something great that draws crowds for there to be hype *next year*. 

Exactly, that's where the problem is, Britney. She's her only problem (label and team could push her but she could sack/leave them all).

16 hours ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

Why is it funny? Glory debuted at #1 there with no promotion whatsoever there. Plus she hasn't been there since 2004, it would sell out, or at least do well.

I'm Italian and NO, she won't sell out. Glory was #1 but is very easy in Italy and yes her last concert was in 2004 but that's why the public here doesn't give a **** about her. Kids doesn't even know her, she is not on tv or radios

8 minutes ago, CriminalLegend said:

I'm Italian and NO, she won't sell out. Glory was #1 but is very easy in Italy and yes her last concert was in 2004 but that's why the public here doesn't give a **** about her. Kids doesn't even know her, she is not on tv or radios

It is 'easy' to get #1 albums there, but somehow no Britney album ever got to #1 there and Glory was her first... with Celine and Barbra releasing the same week. Celine Dion isn't popular anymore and can't get hits yet she still manages to sell out shows all around the world, Britney would surely sell out 2 dates (1 in Milan and 1 in Rome) since it'll be her first show there in 15 years. Britney isn't at the top of her game but her name is still strong, and well here, in the UK, everyone knows her, unless you're talking about 8 year old kids, but everyone above 13/14 knows her and a few songs and the head shaving incident.

Archived