DWAD Tour Love everything

16 minutes ago, Isla. said:

I don't think Onyx is a bad tour tbh, and it had some great performances and costumes. The cabaret section was interesting too. And the hotel concept was cool as well. I just think it's a bit overpraised on here that's all, when I've always preferred DWAD. 

i think the jungle section was the best. it had a good idea but i just don't think it was executed well

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

i think the jungle section was the best. it had a good idea but i just don't think it was executed well

The jungle section was okay but I do remember finding it strange that Britney opened it with Everytime, if anything it should have closed the section or she could have performed it in the same section as Shadow. 

1 hour ago, Dark.Knight said:

take the great dancing away and it's just a cheap slutty show

I disagree. For one, dancing is the main reason you go to a Britney show and she was dancing her best in OH. Plus it had some of her best choreography.

But dancing aside, the costumes were amazing, the set was pretty cool, the setlist was great, some cool remixes, she sang live almost every night, there was a lot of crowd interaction, some cool effects (pyro, the Shadow swing, confetti, etc), and a very creative theme.

1 hour ago, Isla. said:

The jungle section was okay but I do remember finding it strange that Britney opened it with Everytime, if anything it should have closed the section or she could have performed it in the same section as Shadow. 

It was kinda weird to open a section by talking, but having Everytime in the same section as Shadow would have been too many slow songs. People want to dance at a Britney show and she already slowed down BOMT and OIDIA. 

6 hours ago, cheri said:

anticipating & stronger had better outfits than onyx? i love rock & roll with those ugly *** lime green pants? u guys wouldn't make fun of her if she wore that **** today? :tiffcackle: the only nice outfits from this tour is the slave ensemble and the VS bra she wore during baby. the rest are ****:tiffcackle:

onyx's outfits are much better. more mature show too. dream within a dream has a great entrance with oops, and obviously britney's dancing is top notch throughout the whole show, but to me the rest is like a preschool show that only warms up during baby, boys & slave :tiffcackle:

I agree some of the outfits were ******* weird during dwad. But it was a product of the time. I really like the slave outfit on her body.the pinstripe pants in boys too omg.  She wasn't covering her stomach with things like now. Also the vs fantasy bra is to die for. The only thing I didn't like in onyx were the pants sitch that looked like sweats and the lingerie during bom. Actually I didn't like the checkered hair guy either. I thought it was the most awkward part of the show. 

Btw does anyone now if she was still making out with him on stage when Britney was touring Kevin with her?  Just a curious thought. :mattafact:

5 minutes ago, Justney said:

I agree some of the outfits were ******* weird during dwad. But it was a product of the time. I really like the slave outfit on her body.the pinstripe pants in boys too omg.  She wasn't covering her stomach with things like now. Also the vs fantasy bra is to die for. The only thing I didn't like in onyx were the pants sitch that looked like sweats and the lingerie during bom. Actually I didn't like the checkered hair guy either. I thought it was the most awkward part of the show. 

Btw does anyone now if she was still making out with him on stage when Britney was touring Kevin with her?  Just a curious thought. :mattafact:

Kevin was at the Miami date/Showtime filming of Onyx, if I'm not mistaken, so yes. ;)

1 minute ago, Justney said:

Omg... was he? What was the timeline with her meeting Kevin/marrying him,  outrageous video, the tour beginning and ending? 

Oh, sis, that part I don't know the exact details of to be answering. :lostney: I only know that he was at the Miami date because it's in Chaotic.

1 minute ago, fucknfurter said:

Oh, sis, that part I don't know the exact details of to be answering. :lostney: I only know that he was at the Miami date because it's in Chaotic.

I don't remember that and i just watched it recently. Damn. I want to know the timeline though for sure. :meltdown:

It's all such a blur now. One day she met Kevin the next she had two kids.

(To be on topic--)

Onyx is my first favorite tour simply because of how fluid the dancing was by then (yes, even on her lazier nights) and ITZ is my favorite era, but I do love and appreciate DWAD as well. It's my second favorite tour of hers. Even the costumes-- they worked for their time. (I'm not saying they would now, but they did then.) High production values that were met with high dancing and entertainment, a solid tour. :liberatedaf:

It's all such a blur now. One day she met Kevin the next she had two kids.

(It won't let me quote you in this post @Justney, but I don't want to make another one:) :hahaha: Tbh.

2 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

(To be on topic--)

Onyx is my first favorite tour simply because of how fluid the dancing was by then (yes, even on her lazier nights) and ITZ is my favorite era, but I do love and appreciate DWAD as well. It's my second favorite tour of hers. Even the costumes-- they worked for their time. (I'm not saying they would now, but they did then.) High production values that were met with high dancing and entertainment, a solid tour. :liberatedaf:

(It won't let me quote you here @Justney, but I don't want to make another post:) :hahaha: Tbh.

I agree about the dancing and the concept of onyx. I didn't get to see it until years and years later so for me i was stuck rewatching dwad and abc special. So they are dear to my heart. I think dwad had amazing effects. For me it's the best just because of the show she put on. But onyx is amazing there's no doubt about it. The black cat suit,  the touch of my hand nude glittery suit. I didn't really like the host guy thing... or bom even though its always been my favorite song over all. They are both good tours and Britney honestly should be taking notes on them both. 

Unrelated, but everyone mentions how creepy rebellion and mona Lisa are for "predicting" britney's future but haven't seen anybody mention the bald Britney screen in dwad. I always found that part off putting as a kid, but its pretty predict-y.:mattafact:

5 minutes ago, Justney said:

I agree about the dancing and the concept of onyx. I didn't get to see it until years and years later so for me i was stuck rewatching dwad and abc special. So they are dear to my heart. I think dwad had amazing effects. For me it's the best just because of the show she put on. But onyx is amazing there's no doubt about it. The black cat suit,  the touch of my hand nude glittery suit. I didn't really like the host guy thing... or bom even though its always been my favorite song over all. They are both good tours and Britney honestly should be taking notes on them both. 

Unrelated, but everyone mentions how creepy rebellion and mona Lisa are for "predicting" britney's future but haven't seen anybody mention the bald Britney screen in dwad. I always found that part off putting as a kid, but its pretty predict-y.:mattafact:

Oh, I agree. It'd be amazing if she would take the best elements of both tours for the next one, but-- I'm not going here, lmao. 

I haven't seen anyone here discuss it, but I think I saw it brought up once in a gifset. It really is, though. :urite:

DWAD wasn't just a tour, it was a spectacle.

I think in terms of production, Circus is the only one of her tours that comes the closest to it in terms of production.

It might be asking too much, but fingers crossed that her next tour has great visuals and productions to highlight her 20th year anniversary :ahhh:

Archived