"Britney is no Beyonce" - "Her last hit was Womanizer" - "Britney is deceased"

Roger

15 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Well to be fair, Womanizer was inescapable. It's still getting twice as many streams daily than any Femme Fatale single last I checked.

well actually it's no surprise they skipped Femme fatale and said Womanizer was her last hit. Even at the time, the response to the album wasn't very strong despite Britney receiving heavy TV and radio airplay that year in France

The album did held decently well all year long thanks to the heavy amount of airplay the singer received – #7 most aired artist of the year – but sales were up to only 75,000 units after more than nine months of promotion, by far the lowest amount of an artist inside the Top 10 most aired acts.

:tiffcackle:

http://chartmasters.org/2016/06/france-album-sales-britney-spears/8/

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, button said:

well actually it's no surprise they skipped Femme fatale and said Womanizer was her last hit. The response to the album wasn't very strong despite Britney receiving heavy TV and radio airplay in 2011

:tiffcackle:

http://chartmasters.org/2016/06/france-album-sales-britney-spears/8/

I mean maybe it's not so forGagaten and OP's friends aren't just that invested in pop music.

I'd like to keep believing that FF was a smash era in terms of single success (even at the time) because the thought of having Britney's last big era almost a decade ago is depressing. Like ARTPOP levels of depressing. :flawlessbye:

9 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I mean maybe it's not so forGagaten and OP's friends aren't just that invested in pop music.

I'd like to keep believing that FF was a smash era in terms of single success (even at the time) because the thought of having Britney's last big era almost a decade ago is depressing. Like ARTPOP levels of depressing. :flawlessbye:

Well it won't be long before we say Britney's last hit era was 10 years ago. :tiffcackle: Femme fatale is already 6 years old. :tiffcackle: Meanwhile Britney's lazy *** refuses to put some effort into saving her sinking career. :tiffcackle:

Just now, button said:

Well it won't be long before we say Britney's last hit era was 10 years ago. :tiffcackle: Femme fatale is already 6 years old. :tiffcackle: Meanwhile Britney's lazy *** refuses to put some effort into saving her sinking career. :tiffcackle:

Let me form a prayer circle for B10 to be Confessions in a Starbucks or The Emancipation of Knee Knee. :flawlessbye:

Just now, button said:

What do you mean sinking? That ship has sank :tiffcackle: but she's an icon so it doesn't matter :tiffcackle:

Just now, Shadow. said:

What do you mean sinking? That ship has sank :tiffcackle: but she's an icon so it doesn't matter :tiffcackle:

Well saying it has already sank means there's no reason for her to try :tiffcackle: Let's not give the britards more excuses than they already have :tiffcackle: 

Plenty of artists rose from very low points in their career like Madonna and Mariah :tiffcackle: But it's not going to happen if she keeps putting in so little work like she is right now :tiffcackle:

4 minutes ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

Womanizer being her last hit is exaggerating as FF spawned 3 worldwide hits and was a hit album.

IWG was pretty local. HIAM and TTWE too but not as much.

Here are the chart peaks in the UK, for example:

• HIAM: #6
  • TTWE: #21
  • IWG: #111
  • Criminal: didn't chart.

The album sales also weren't as good as ther artists that year.

1 hour ago, button said:

Well saying it has already sank means there's no reason for her to try :tiffcackle: Let's not give the britards more excuses than they already have :tiffcackle: 

Plenty of artists rose from very low points in their career like Madonna and Mariah :tiffcackle: But it's not going to happen if she keeps putting in so little work like she is right now :tiffcackle:

Good point :tiffcackle: i don't expect much tho after the past few years 

51 minutes ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

Womanizer being her last hit is exaggerating as FF spawned 3 worldwide hits and was a hit album. But after that I can understand as bith BJ and Glory failed to acchieve the succes Brinny should have

Femme fatale singles smashed only in certain European markets like Belgium and France, not all of Europe. Not exactly "worldwide" hits :tiffcackle: Germany and UK completely passed on Femme fatale era :tiffcackle:

9 hours ago, Curiousexhaler86 said:

Well Britney and her team have been selling Britney Spears as a nostalgia act very well these past few years, so I can't blame them tbh. Hopefully once she's done with POM things will change. :plzexplain:

This. Even though she went on "tour," no one knew or talked about it, other than fans.

• Super Mods

Those are the brainwashed ones, many people don't really care for Beyoncé and many of my friends think of her like any other pop star, they don't take her seriously. Even my cousin pointed out how the media is so bias towards her where she can't do no wrong. I really don't care tbh. Britney will always be Britney and despite people saying she's irrelevant or a flop, she is still here and standing.

:flawlessbye::flawlessbye: honestly stop living vicariously through pop stars, Britney and Bey are friendly...Bey likes her. Britney is not on the artistic or performance level Beyonce is and nothing from 2007 to now disproves that. She needs an entirely new team,production and performance skills to revamp her career or will be  legacy act until she takes an extended break. She should do a ONE LAST era of Britney, full potential and all out production and then do w.e she likes after that one album gets her the awards and legacy she deserves:nobitch::nobitch:

9 hours ago, Little me said:

Can you blame them for thinking that? People have been giving britney chance after chance to come back fully and slay since 2008. Sorry, but no other star in the world has gotten that many chances. People didn't stan for Currentny, they stanned for Primeney. They aren't used to less than stellar performances from her. 

Well said 

3 hours ago, Shadow. said:

When was Britney's last hit though? Don't shade another artist if your fave can't back you up :whitney:

"Most people don't know about Formation" :girlwhat:

Tell that to the thousands upon thousands of people who sold out her WW tour in less than 2 hours. Queenbritneyslays got some explaining 2 do........ Girl plZ :tiffcackle::tiffcackle:

Archived