me when people say blackout is brinni's worst album

Brunetteknee

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Well it is overrated. It has a few decent songs but it’s not the groundbreaking album people make it out to be.

Lol not even good? Just a few decent ones :rihstare: Also, i don't believe it has to be groundbreaking in order to be good. I agree it is overrated among fans tho.

1 minute ago, IUSAtonight said:

Lol not even good? Just a few decent ones :rihstare: Also, i don't believe it has to be groundbreaking in order to be good. I agree it is overrated among fans tho.

Sure, a few good songs. But In The Zone is miles ahead of Blackout. It could’ve had 6 singles if Britney didn’t injure hurt her knee.

1 minute ago, danny1994 said:

Sure, a few good songs. But In The Zone is miles ahead of Blackout. It could’ve had 6 singles if Britney didn’t injure hurt her knee.

Tbh i like both albums a lot and both albums have songs i don't like. Ofc Britney was at a better place before her marriage and they could have the ITZ era last longer as u said.

20 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Well it is overrated. It has a few decent songs but it’s not the groundbreaking album people make it out to be.

I think it's held that high because how it made everyone feel at the time. She was obviously getting dragged for having a breakdown and it was so intense and then she drops this album that's not only good, it was get critically acclaimed too, and it was different from ITZ. Then hall of fame thingy, along with the major anticipation for it. I think that's why it's held so highly in a way that's perceived overrated.

10 minutes ago, confidentnotcocky said:

I think it's held that high because how it made everyone feel at the time. She was obviously getting dragged for having a breakdown and it was so intense and then she drops this album that's not only good, it was get critically acclaimed too, and it was different from ITZ. Then hall of fame thingy, along with the major anticipation for it. I think that's why it's held so highly in a way that's perceived overrated.

Good point there. Fans were in a rough spot at the time and they got a good album. I guess I’m just a newer fan and look at the music more objectively, without letting my emotions influence what I think of the music. Blackout is good, I never said it was bad. It’s just overrated a little bit.

3 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Good point there. Fans were in a rough spot at the time and they got a good album. I guess I’m just a newer fan and look at the music more objectively, without letting my emotions influence what I think of the music. Blackout is good, I never said it was bad. It’s just overrated a little bit.

It probably is and this coming from a Blackout stan. With ITZ, I can only speak for myself, I loved it BUT at the time, I was too young too appreciate it properly, the vibe was, I dunno...kinda slow, that's not the word I'm looking for.  Touch of my hand, early morning and shadow I was like:byebitch: but now they're so great. I can easily get why someone would say it's better than Blackout. It is more diverse, Blackout was the first album I listened to start to finish and loved every song genuinely, I was in hospital at the time it definitely has a sentimental thing for me too. I dunno if you were around for the stupidly insane hype of the gimme more performance worldwide before it happened the world thought she was gonna slay, then it flopped and all the stanbase had was Blackout.

10 minutes ago, confidentnotcocky said:

It probably is and this coming from a Blackout stan. With ITZ, I can only speak for myself, I loved it BUT at the time, I was too young too appreciate it properly, the vibe was, I dunno...kinda slow, that's not the word I'm looking for.  Touch of my hand, early morning and shadow I was like:byebitch: but now they're so great. I can easily get why someone would say it's better than Blackout. It is more diverse, Blackout was the first album I listened to start to finish and loved every song genuinely, I was in hospital at the time it definitely has a sentimental thing for me too. I dunno if you were around for the stupidly insane hype of the gimme more performance worldwide before it happened the world thought she was gonna slay, then it flopped and all the stanbase had was Blackout.

a1Lskwy.gif

Archived