Britney is literally the QUEEN of scrapped videos - 8 different times this has happened

jamesedward94

When Your Eyes Say It: a music video for this Oops!... album cut was filmed but scrapped in favor of Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know. The video was never released and has not leaked

Outrageous: would've been so cool and edgy alongside the other music videos from the In the Zone era! That might be the one I regret not happening the most

Gimme More: video came out but a lot of the footage wasn't used and the concept was changed

Break the Ice: let's face it, this animated video would not have happened if Britney was in a better place at the time. They could've made an incredible video that made the song a big hit

When I Grow Up: unknown to many, Britney was supposed to make a cameo in this Pussycat Dolls music video, but she was removed from the final edit  

Work *****: toned way down and scenes were removed because Britney "is a mom now" and she thought it went too far

Perfume: entire original concept scrapped and scenes removed because the label thought it went too far. The video was changed completely and director Joseph Kahn said Britney's performance in the cut parts was "unbelievable", showed a "true artist", and was a "game changer"

Make Me: this one is almost too tough to even talk about. The entire original video was scrapped for a completely different video. While the first was memorable, edgy, mature and very different in a good way, the new one was weird, cringey, and embarrassing, with many referring to it as a "Disney Channel" video

HOW. DOES. THIS. HAPPEN???????

:britannoyed::britannoyed::britannoyed::britannoyed:

It is so sad to think about everything that could've been!!! 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, the Make Me video wasn't even that good, well it's obvious it would have been literally 666 times better than the one we got but it wasn't original or interesting at all. Just another half naked video with the female singer in the middle and dancers grinding on her. That's all it was, a sexfest for gays to scream YAAAS QUEEN WERK IT over it and for straight guys to drool over. :mattafact:

1 minute ago, "I always sing live!" said:

Meh, the Make Me video wasn't even that good, well it's obvious it would have been literally 666 times better than the one we got but it wasn't original or interesting at all. Just another half naked video with the female singer in the middle and dancers grinding on her. That's all it was, a sexfest for gays to scream YAAAS QUEEN WERK IT over it and for straight guys to drool over. :mattafact:

it was classic Britney. What a waste

13 minutes ago, "I always sing live!" said:

It would've made a big impact and it definitely would've had people talking! Britney naked in the cage would've been iconic, and I loved the way they styled it with Britney throwing the tv out of the window, the tv killing the guy swimming, and then part of the video playing on the tv at the bottom of the pool. It was also neat with it being at her perspective with G-Eazy on top of her during the rap!

30 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

It would've made a big impact and it definitely would've had people talking! Britney naked in the cage would've been iconic, and I loved the way they styled it with Britney throwing the tv out of the window, the tv killing the guy swimming, and then part of the video playing on the tv at the bottom of the pool. It was also neat with it being at her perspective with G-Eazy on top of her during the rap!

I mean, yeah, it was **** and very aesthetically pleasing but it was nothing new and nothing interesting. Definitely would have made a bigger impact though. :brit:

I understand that they altered Gimme more, Work ***** and Perfume, like I understand that they film something and then realise that it's a bit too much and tone it down.

What I don't understand is filming a music video and then not using the footage (or film a new one !?) Like, that **** costs serious money, how does that make sense from a business point of view ? 

Telling from the footage we saw for outrageous they could have easily cut and pasted it into an entire video, or add some scenes afterwards where she wasn't standing or dancing (or even live footage from the tour).

Make me: same: they could have used the good scenes and scrapped whatever went too far and mix it up.

Same for when your eyes say it: the video was filmed, why not just release it and have extra promo I mean seriously.

The When i grow up thing I understand: they wanted to keep the comeback a big deal, womanizer had to be the big comeback, not some cameo in a PCD video.

6 hours ago, "I always sing live!" said:

Maybe but it still would have been better then the one we got.

5 hours ago, "I always sing live!" said:

I mean, yeah, it was **** and very aesthetically pleasing but it was nothing new and nothing interesting. Definitely would have made a bigger impact though. :brit:

Girl it was something new she basically destroyed an entire house with a bulldozer

You maybe don't care, but I personally would have love to see my fav do such a thing :lemmetellu:

The original Everytime concept was scrapped (overdosing on pills in the bathtub) for obvious reasons

BOMT animated superhero concept also scrapped (thank God!!!!)

As about Make Me. Some parts of the original footage looked indeed inda dumb and unneeded. They could have used the dance scenes and beautyshots to edit an awesome video

Archived