An explanation for Britney's lip-syncing

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think it all has to do with her team being so cheap, or if you want to call her lazy too. The thing is, when the show first started they were still doing BJ, they had no time to go and record the over 20 songs again to have pre-recorded vocals. She also would've had to rehearse with the new vocals, and if she can't even remember the lyrics of her latest songs, I think it would've been even more disastrous to have what would be basically more than 20 new songs at once.

She could easily sing over the track in some parts, but I guess her mentality is that if she sings just some parts, it's gonna be even more noticeable the playback so it's like either she has to sing over the whole track, or not sing at all, so it sounds uniform, especially in songs so autotuned like Womanizer or 3. Or they could've cut out the parts where she was supposed to sing live, but again, it was so rushed, they didn't take the time to prepare none of that.

I don't think there is a particular reason why she lipsyncs, like, I don't think she explicitly demands the lipsyncing, but it's just something that happens without discussion. Maybe she is supposed to sing over the tracks as they've stated many times, but she just chooses not to. It's like Lillie from Pokémon anime who says she could technically  touch Pokémon, she just chooses not too, it's not like she's afraid of Pokémon or anything :giggleney:

Screenshot-268.png

Singing live would be Britney's version of touching Pokémon lol Ya'll may call her lazy, and maybe you're right. I think it has more to do with wanting to give a "perfect" show, as ironic as it sounds. I totally understand when the GP wouldn't be interested in watching a Britney show, but as a fan I don't mind the lipsync at all. When it comes to other artists, who show off their talent, at the end of the day it doesn't matter what song they sing, they're showing their talent and people would appreciate it. They can totally change the lyrics of their songs, or do a different arrangement, and it's ok. When it comes to Britney Spears specifically, her songs are the protagonists by themselves, and are perfect the way they are. Singing them live and not sounding like the record, would kinda take away from their magic. So I agree at least the ballads should be performed live, but I also get that feeling she may have of, if she's not gonna sound great the whole song, there's no point in destroying it.

I know ya'll say she's a singer, and that's what she should do. I just think her shows are a different kind of shows, not a vocal concert. I would be mad if she was lipsyncing on a talent show, like a live competition or something, when people IS supposed to show their true voice, but in her show, this is just the way she does it. britney_spears___yeah_definitely_by_poke

I get your point, but she hasn't delivered a perfect show since 2004. It would be different if she's dancing really well or doing some super imaginative concept/ energetic performances but since her comeback she's been shimmying and hairflipping and walking for a good half of her performances.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, pieceof15yearold*loveyall said:

it´s not even her show... that is the scary thing. 

tell me one thing that you think britney has brought to POM except for costume changes? there is no input from her at all and you can feel that watching the show

Well, there are many things here and there that are actually recycled ideas from previous tours, that I'm sure she brought back. The ribbons she uses in OIDIA, I'm sure they're on her earliest tours but I don't remember exactly which one; the rain, the high platform, the bungee jump and the Britney's on the mirrors that never worked are reminiscent of the DWADT. Even the setlist is very Britney, no one from her team would've picked Boys or Freakshow to be performed, and it's even more noticeable with the POM 2.0 additions, such as BOM, ILRNR, etc.

We know that she even pushed for Alien to be included and she wanted to perform it since the beginning. And even in the negative aspect, all the scrapped choreos or bits she's changed, I could bet it was Britney herself, and no one else that told her to do so. I believe even the wigs were her idea :embarrassney:

I think it's very Britney-ish, but like the 2013 Britney. If they've had the purpose of keep changing it little by little throughout the years, like revamp a new number every other leg, we would have something like a POM 3.0 by now, but it's like they were afraid to scrap the whole show, replace props, and come up with something completely new. And she feels so odd, or awkward because the nowadays Britney has improved so much from 2013, but it's like she can't fully express as long as this show goes on. So in that aspect I agree it should finish now, but on the other hand I think she really needs to bring back another residency by the end of 2018. This kind of schedule really did wonders for her.

10 hours ago, Hypnotherapy said:

I get your point, but she hasn't delivered a perfect show since 2004. It would be different if she's dancing really well or doing some super imaginative concept/ energetic performances but since her comeback she's been shimmying and hairflipping and walking for a good half of her performances.

Oh I agree her shows are far from perfect, but what I'm talking about is independently of the results we get, I feel like that's her intention, the reason behind the playback, to bring a perfect show, even if she doesn't nail it, or even if for some people a perfect show starts with live vocals.

4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Oh I agree her shows are far from perfect, but what I'm talking about is independently of the results we get, I feel like that's her intention, the reason behind the playback, to bring a perfect show, even if she doesn't nail it, or even if for some people a perfect show starts with live vocals.

I get that but Britney can't perform perfect anymore so they need to change imo

Or improve 

29 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I get that but Britney can't perform perfect anymore so they need to change imo

Or improve 

Totally. They can always get better and she's shown she has the potential. :mhm:

But meanwhile, I'm ok with what we have currently.  Just remembering the FF days is enough for me to appreciate POM. Or without going too far back, just watching the clips from the Wigney dates :embarrassney: I guess it's just that I've never had a problem with lipsyncing

5 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Totally. They can always get better and she's shown she has the potential. :mhm:

But meanwhile, I'm ok with what we have currently.  Just remembering the FF days is enough for me to appreciate POM. Or without going too far back, just watching the clips from the Wigney dates :embarrassney: I guess it's just that I've never had a problem with lipsyncing

She has shown but why doesn't she dance like BBMAney always...

Archived