What Would've Happened If Britney Didn't Hurt Her Knee Back In 2004?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest $elfish
1 hour ago, BritneyJeanSpearsOfficial said:

, did her VMA 2004 performance and finished touring.

She had one:nocomprende: I never knew:triggered: if she did she would have slayed it probably if the knee injury didn't happen  :mattafact:

The Outrageous video would've been so cool and different!! It really would've made the In the Zone era perfect! All of the different video styles would've been so neat together. The classic pop dance video (Me Against the Music), the iconic fierce story video (Toxic), the serious and thought provoking video (Everytime), and then we would've gotten the edgy hip-hop video that would've ended the era perfectly! And the song might have been a big success. 

But she probably still would've had the meltdown bc that was building up for so long and they were controlling her so much and with the breakup and every one following her every move, it was still going to end the way it did. 

If it wasn't the knee she would have found some other reason to take a break, maybe a pregnancy. She was in full KFed mode and wanted a family of her own. And she was totally over the industry at that point. I'd like to think she would have finished the video and done the vmas first at least. I've always wondered what changes would have been made to that last Onyx tour leg if it happened. I'm still salty I missed that tour. She canceled my date the first time she hurt her knee in Moline, then did the showtime special the next week. Ugh

36 minutes ago, Kyra said:

If she actually did hurt her knee.

There was a rumour that she faked iz cuz she was tired of the Onyx hotel, like she was literally exhausted.

*Waiting to get burned.

:whitney: 

i thought it was because she wanted to spend more time with kevin :ponderney: tbh.

4 minutes ago, Inherzone said:

i thought it was because she wanted to spend more time with kevin :ponderney: tbh.

I think that he was the trigger of it. 

You know when you have this job you sorta like, but it gets tough and hard, and you're tired, but you don't have anything else to do.

So you meet this guy you like, and the job instantly becomes this awful thing you gotta do, but instead you wanna ride that guy 24/7 :brit: 

It's impossible to imagine what things would have been like. Certainly we would have gotten the "Outrageous" video, which as @jamesedward94 said, would have thematically rounded out the era perfectly. We probably also would have seen another iconic VMAs performance. I think the tour would have been cut short anyway because of Kevin and the fact that she was probably genuinely exhausted and needed a break. She was working too hard, doing too much, and going too fast that something was bound to go wrong.

Maybe her relationship with Kevin would have worked out had they both gotten away from it all for a few years. If they had had time to get to know each other and properly start their family rather than rushing headlong into it things may have been different. Their relationship could have been a foundation rather than the rug that was pulled out from underneath her feet.

I like to think that she would have come back after a few years break hitting harder and looking fiercer than ever, but we'll never know what could have been.

4 hours ago, Damsel in Distress said:

Without the injury there would be no excuse for her not dancing as she used to.

I maintain my opinion that this injury is not the reason why she isn't performing

like in her prime.

Of course the knee isn't the reason. I mean she has already proved that during the rehearsals she can be totally on fire like Primeney used to be :mattafact:

4 hours ago, Damsel in Distress said:

Without the injury there would be no excuse for her not dancing as she used to.

I maintain my opinion that this injury is not the reason why she isn't performing

like in her prime.

No, it's not the knee, it's something about her mentality. She somehow lost the rhythm and she just follows a pattern now everytime she's out of choreo, she does the ''flashing *******'' move and the squatting and touching her *** thing she does in the choreo of Freakshow when she's dancing in front of the guest. I don't know, some people think it's an excuse but I truly believe it has something to do with the anxiety. She might have a mental block or whatever, we will never know. :mattafact:

1 minute ago, Damsel in Distress said:

To me it seems more like she's not interested anymore and she gets bored easily.

It might be, but these are just assumptions, we will never know what actually happens behind cameras.

5 hours ago, Kyra said:

If she actually did hurt her knee.

There was a rumour that she faked iz cuz she was tired of the Onyx hotel, like she was literally exhausted.

*Waiting to get burned.

:whitney: 

I always wondered about this. I think she was ready to end the tour, pause her career and focus on life with Kevin, tbh. Not saying she didn't hurt her knee at all but I think it def could have been exaggerated. She deserved a break and if she faked it, she could have seen that as the easy way out and ran with it. Who knows. :quirkney:

I don't what to exaggerate, but I do think her troubles would've been far worse if she didn't damage her knee. The knee stopped her tour, and the album campaign. If it didn't happen, she'd still be worked, and overworked. 

She still felt heartbroken and lonely, and had a lot of personal stuff going on. That wouldn't have stopped because she was still working for another 4/5 months.
She's speaking about it now, saying she wish she took more breaks.

The only thing that would cloud whether or not she would've affected/less affected is her having her kids. They're such a big part of her life, and she fought tooth and nail to make sure she could be with them.  If she didn't have them, I'd say her troubles could've been worse because she would've had nothing to ground her, in the way they did.

To me, the knee was the stop she needed at that point, given the way she talks now.

Archived