Britney Raises $1 Million For The NCCF, Calls It The Proudest Moment Of Her Career

Jordan Miller

• Leader

The NCCF's 'Britney Spears Campus' opens soon.

She's so lucky, she's a star.

Britney Spears is one of the most influential pop stars in the world, adored by millions and remains one of the best-selling artists ever, but that pales in comparison to her latest accomplishment.

The Glory singer has raised more than $1 million in donations from Piece Of Me ticket sales for the Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation. The money helped construct the NCCF's Britney Spears Campus, a brand-new, 16,000 square-foot facility combining more than 45 pediatric and adult services, People reports.

“There are many things I’ve done in my career that I am proud of, but none more than this,” Britney said in a statement. “The fact that I was able to use my celebrity status to raise the money to build this incredible facility to help sick children and their families when they need it the most not only brings many tears to my eyes, but really brings tremendous meaning to this amazing journey that I have been on.”

She added: “My aunt Sandra died of cancer and I know the devastating effects that this terrible disease brings upon its victims and their loved ones, but when it happens to innocent young children, there’s literally nothing I can think of worse than that. I’m just glad that I can help in some small way. I want to thank the NCCF for the amazing work they do on a daily basis and I look forward to being there to officially open the Britney Spears Campus of the Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation in the fall.”

If you're having trouble viewing this Stackerdecks post: Click Here

As People points out, the NCCF currently serves more than 400 pediatric patients, survivors and their families in southern Nevada. Once the Britney Spears Campus opens up, its healing arts services program — The Caring Place — will “double in size and extend service hours.”

“We are so thrilled and genuinely excited about moving into our new beautiful location. Our heartfelt thanks go out to Britney Spears for her compassion and dedication to our cause, giving us the means to do this through a recent capital campaign,” says Jeff Gordon, NCCF president and CEO, in a statement. “The impact this will have on all the families we serve will be immeasurable as it will allow us to take care of even more community members in need of our many services.”

A platinum-certified pop star with a heart of gold!

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

“There are many things I’ve done in my career that I am proud of, but none more than this,” Britney said in a statement. “The fact that I was able to use my celebrity status to raise the money to build this incredible facility to help sick children and their families when they need it the most not only brings many tears to my eyes, but really brings tremendous meaning to this amazing journey that I have been on.

I don't know which is worse...

1. The fact that she clearly never said or wrote that

2. Te fact that whoever actually wrote it for her can't write for **** bc that's the longest sentence I've ever read.

Britney doesn't get half the credit she deserves. Not only in terms of success, influence, and longevity, but her charitable contributions and time over the years.

Say what ever you want about current Britney, but she genuinely and honestly loves spending time with and helping children in need :whitney:

Wow, this brought tears to my eyes. My dad is currently fighting cancer and is in the hospital, and I wish someone with a heart like Britney's would help us. It means so much during hard times to have people that want to help you. Anyway, good on Brit! 

1 hour ago, breatheheavy said:

The NCCF's 'Britney Spears Campus' opens soon.

britney-million-childhood-cancer.jpg

She's so lucky, she's a star.

Britney Spears is one of the most influential pop stars in the world, adored by millions and remains one of the best-selling artists ever, but that pales in comparison to her latest accomplishment.

The Glory singer has raised more than $1 million in donations from Piece Of Me ticket sales for the Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation. The money helped construct the NCCF's Britney Spears Campus, a brand-new, 16,000 square-foot facility combining more than 45 pediatric and adult services, People reports.

“There are many things I’ve done in my career that I am proud of, but none more than this,” Britney said in a statement. “The fact that I was able to use my celebrity status to raise the money to build this incredible facility to help sick children and their families when they need it the most not only brings many tears to my eyes, but really brings tremendous meaning to this amazing journey that I have been on.”

She added: “My aunt Sandra died of cancer and I know the devastating effects that this terrible disease brings upon its victims and their loved ones, but when it happens to innocent young children, there’s literally nothing I can think of worse than that. I’m just glad that I can help in some small way. I want to thank the NCCF for the amazing work they do on a daily basis and I look forward to being there to officially open the Britney Spears Campus of the Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation in the fall.”

She is a beautiful person with a beautiful soul. People always give her so much **** but she's always had a heart of gold. She is always donating money and time to charities and she doesn't do it for press because most of that happens behind the scenes. 

41 minutes ago, dasho said:

enlighten me pls coz the check says $553,130

I think that was just from the event where they were on the bicycles, but I guess the $1M comes from that plus the percentage of her ticket sales and all the limited edition T-Shirts and stuff she's been selling these past months. I remember watching on Facebook several campaigns about it. So I believe they finally reached the goal after the multiple donations. I'm really not sure if all them were for the same cause or not though

8 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I don't know which is worse...

1. The fact that she clearly never said or wrote that

2. Te fact that whoever actually wrote it for her can't write for **** bc that's the longest sentence I've ever read.

I really don't understand the need for this negative comment :girlwhat:  Can we just not celebrate this  incredible acheivement and be happy for those kids :crying1:

Archived