If most of Britneys fanbase are gay guys, then how come

Dynasty

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted about this in another thread

14 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Yes, but a Britney Spears men's fragrance really isn't that marketable honestly.

Sure she has a lot of gay fans, but that's still a minority. Straight men will not buy or express interest in that fragrance and other gay men who aren't fans / are older than the teens / 20s demographic will not buy it either. I'm a huge stan and I wouldn't buy it. There's gay men that already wear her women's fragrances and are happy with them. They like the fruity / floral / dessert scents. A men's fragrance doesn't contain those notes. That shortens the demographic even more.

Compare that to the women's fragrances which appeal to all women, regardless of whether they're Britney Spears fans or not because the marketing and perfume itself are very easy to sell to a female demographic. Women have more use for the different bottles, lotions and accessories. It's just smart business. A men's fragrance under Britney Spears just isn't that good of an investment. Paris Hilton's men's fragrances are among her lowest sellers.

Who cares her perfumes are for women. I'm a guy and I bought them all and I'm wearing them all. Most of my guy friends will assume me wearing vanilla but yeah I like it when people noticing me wearing something sweet. LOL! My fav is Believe, Cosmic Radiance and Private Show

Guest $elfish

i'd buy the **** out of that fregrance tbh , get it to school with me and spray all the hoes with it 

Spoiler

just like i did with midnight fantasy

tenor.gif

Guest $elfish
9 hours ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

When she started making perfume, most of her fans were young girls

And like someone said, she still has a very girly image :ponderney: A male fragrance would only work with her gay fans, which is not even 1 % of the male population :ponderney:

it would work with overall all her male fans gay,straight,asexual etc

gender preference has nothing to do with perfumes sis :jackk:

• Super Mods
23 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

She should make at least ONE men's fragrance. Rihanna, JLo, Kylie Minogue did it, so can Britney. It might not be a huge seller but her fans deserve it. And the girls buying her perfumes now might buy it for their boyfriends/friends/dads/brothers or whoever. 

But Paris Hilton has been releasing male version of her fragrances and they are a hit. A lot of guys buy it despite the name. There's lots of YouTube reviews on it and on fragrance forums, it's got good reviews. These days it's becoming genderless. And studies have shown that guys are buying more. Paris just released Gold Rush for men. It's possible, but maybe I feel like team Britney wants to attract only the female audience. Private Show could've been unisex if they added more "masculine" notes like more coffee, spice or woods (even Britney said she likes male scents) so I don't know what her team is thinking. It could've been just like black opium and smell very high end. 

because mens fragrances that are celebrity fragrances dont do well at all. celebrity fragrances are aimed for the younger crowd and you dont really see teen males or even adult males running out for the newest celebrity fragrance. it just wont sell well and thats why she hasnt done it! everyone needs to get over it already. its not going to happen. 

43 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

But Paris Hilton has been releasing male version of her fragrances and they are a hit. A lot of guys buy it despite the name. There's lots of YouTube reviews on it and on fragrance forums, it's got good reviews. These days it's becoming genderless. And studies have shown that guys are buying more. Paris just released Gold Rush for men. It's possible, but maybe I feel like team Britney wants to attract only the female audience. Private Show could've been unisex if they added more "masculine" notes like more coffee, spice or woods (even Britney said she likes male scents) so I don't know what her team is thinking. It could've been just like black opium and smell very high end. 

yeah and almost every review ive seen from her mens stuff, people say its a cheaper dupe of their favorite stuff. so unless britney is going to make a dupe of something, thats the only way it will probably sell, hence why men are buying the paris hilton ones, because they are cheap dupes of more expensive stuff. again, its not going to happen. britney is not going to have a mens fragrance anytime soon and britney fans need to just get over it. 

• Super Mods
14 minutes ago, TylerTremallose said:

yeah and almost every review ive seen from her mens stuff, people say its a cheaper dupe of their favorite stuff. so unless britney is going to make a dupe of something, thats the only way it will probably sell, hence why men are buying the paris hilton ones, because they are cheap dupes of more expensive stuff. again, its not going to happen. britney is not going to have a mens fragrance anytime soon and britney fans need to just get over it. 

Yeah that's true. I have the Paris Hilton for men and it doesn't remind me of anything but a lot of reviews said it's a crowd pleaser but Britney does have a large gay audience so I feel it's worth it to at least make it unisex besides, that's what the industry is moving towards. There are recent articles that said that the celebrity market is not as in demand as it once was as people are moving more towards niche or apothecary brands so Team Britney needs to start changing her image to fit with the times or she would just look dated and this goes for her music and brand in general. She can't compete with people like Ariana Grande, so her team needs to stop trying act like it's the 90s.

Archived